Live - Allure of the Seas - Jan 6-13 Star Class!

Izumi is my favorite! The service there is top notch! Last RC cruise in Sept '18, they asked if I had any allergies (which I do...to fish - not shellfish tho. I know, I'm backwards). Well, they had the chefs all wash their hands extra and cooked my spider roll in a separate deep fryer so it wasn't cooked with any fish. Awesome!

Question - did you think the Chops meal was worth it? I didn't see that giant seafood tower on the menu, is that a special thing?

Thanks, will keep following! Have a great time!!

Ryan, are you all OK out there?  Hopefully you haven't fallen into the Star Class food coma.  I've been close, but never never succumbed to it. LOL.

After Star Class, it is hard to go back.  However, if it is just the two of you. a Sky Class Crown loft on deck 17 would be perfect. Looking forward to your next update.

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ryan, are you all OK out there?  Hopefully you haven't fallen into the Star Class food coma.  I've been close, but never never succumbed to it. LOL.

After Star Class, it is hard to go back.  However, if it is just the two of you. a Sky Class Crown loft on deck 17 would be perfect. Looking forward to your next update.

Andrew, are all deck 17 suites now Star Class.  I thought they were just the large corner and forward suites.  Regards, Gerry.

1 hour ago, buckeye rob said:

Andrew, are all deck 17 suites now Star Class.  I thought they were just the large corner and forward suites.  Regards, Gerry.

On deck 17, the Crown Loft Suites are sky class while the Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suites, and Ultimate Family Suite (on Symphony) are star class.

3 hours ago, john9543 said:

Following and enjoying your live review!  

I'm assuming there is only one safe in the room, can you confirm?

We had room 8330 on Oasis and there were three safes in it, one in each closet.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, buckeye rob said:

38 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

On deck 17, the Crown Loft Suites are sky class while the Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suites, and Ultimate Family Suite (on Symphony) are star class.

Thanks Allura for jumping in.

To add to Allura’s answer, on Oasis and Allure there are the two larger GS and OS which are Star Class.  Those cabins don’t exsist on Harmony and Symphony. As it stands the UFS only exists on Symphony.  I wonder if it will be added to Oasis at drydock?  I guess we will wait and see. 

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lol, the food coma.  We felt the same way by the last day aboard the Allure with the UDP.  

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We raised the white flag about mid way through the cruise!  We told our Genie to please not send any more snacks to our suite.  So much was being wasted.  We tried but failed.  Maybe we will succeed next time!

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Allura for jumping in.

To add to Allura’s answer, on Oasis and Allure there are the two larger GS and OS which are Star Class.  Those cabins don’t exsist on Harmony and Symphony. As it stands the UFS only exists on Symphony.  I wonder if it will be added to Oasis at drydock?  I guess we will wait and see. 

Thanks Andy.  Are there extra spacious Grand and Owner's Suites that are Star Class ?  What decks ?

Is Chef's Table and the hors d'oeuvres provided at the Meet and Greet included also ?  Gosh, is almost everything included in Star Class ?  I thought I had read somewhere that certain things such as Chef's Table and the Seafood Tower were additional.  Including a per person charge for the Meet and Greet setup.  Regards, Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob
add comment

8 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Thanks Andy.  Are there extra spacious Grand and Owner's Suites that are Star Class ?  What decks ?

Is Chef's Table and the hors d'oeuvres provided at the Meet and Greet included also ?  Gosh, is almost everything included in Star Class ?  I thought I had read somewhere that certain things such as Chef's Table and the Seafood Tower were additional.  Including a per person charge for the Meet and Greet setup.  Regards, Gerry.

Ryan, sorry for interrupting your thread.  Hopefully you have recovering from the meat sweats.

Gerry, if I remember the actual Chefs Table is included but the wine pairings are not. Sea food tower is included at Chops. Coffee at Starbucks is but food items are not. We have had some smaller informal gatherings and we never had an up charge, including food from Sabor for example  pop, basic beer and wine. No bartender etc, but you can get that at a cost for drink and bartenders time. 

As for the Grand and Owners Panoramic cabins they are spacious, but they have no loft and the balconies are smaller.  They do have a hot tub but it also takes up space from your balcony. I have attached a pic for you to see where they are located. 

8FCC14A9-AC66-414D-824A-73DBAE9F7635.thumb.jpeg.cdbdbbefe123c33feb11ab1c8c028ea0.jpeg

15 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Thanks so much Andy.  So, on Oasis and Allure the only Star Class is the 5 "colored" suites in your diagram and the 2 bedroom AQT Suites ?  The seaward facing and BB court facing lofts are still Sky Class ?  Thanks Gerry.

Yes, the Royal loft suite, Sky loft suites, Grand and Owners Panoramic suites are all star class. The 2 Bedroom AQT Suites are too. The Crown loft suites are sky class.  

Edited by Allura_317
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

Yes, the Royal loft suite, Sky loft suites, Grand and Owners Panoramic suites are all star class. The 2 Bedroom AQT Suites are too. The Crown loft suites are sky class.  

Thanks Allura.  So it seems with 2-6-8 per suite there are only about 50-55 Star Class guests per sailing ?  Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob
add comment

27 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Thanks Allura.  So it seems with 2-6-8 per suite there are only about 50-55 Star Class guests per sailing ?  Gerry.

Yes, at the most 54 star class guests on Oasis and Allure.  This includes 2 bedroom AQTs (32), Royal loft (6), Sky lofts (8), owners panoramic (4), and grand panoramic (4).

Edited by Allura_317

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We just got our email from Charlie today. Hopefully Ryan’s missing status means that he is relaxed under some shade, with a drink in his hand. 

Ryan, you guys surviving? 

Wonder if Charlie will be around in September ?  Sooo far off.  Maybe Ryan is so "Star Classed" he is having Charlie finish his review !  LOL.  Gerry.

I’m sailing  in the 4 bedroom villa suite on Symphony in March, so very excited to read your review so I can get even more excited about what I have to look forward to! My only fear is that I will not want to sail any other way in the future 😀  Hope the rest of your cruise was amazing.

17 hours ago, buckeye rob said:

Wonder if Charlie will be around in September ?  Sooo far off.  Maybe Ryan is so "Star Classed" he is having Charlie finish his review !  LOL.  Gerry.

Hope so.  Hopefully Ryan will return and finish off his thread.  It would be nice to hear how the rest of the week went.  When you have so many friends and family together, which is the real focus, it can be hard to continue a thread. Here’s hoping he returns. 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, Allura_317 said:

Yes, at the most 54 star class guests on Oasis and Allure.  This includes 2 bedroom AQTs (32), Royal loft (6), Sky lofts (8), owners panoramic (4), and grand panoramic (4).

🤔 Wouldn't there be 48 possible Star guests in the (6) 2 bedroom Aqua Suites? Don't they hold 8?

Edited by John&LaLa

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

🤔 Wouldn't there be 48 possible Star guests in the (6) 2 bedroom Aqua Suites? Don't they hold 8?

They do have Pullman’s don’t they in the one bedroom?  If so then 2 in the main bdr, 4 in the second bdr, and 2 on what should be a pullout in the living room. I’m sure someone told me it was a pullout. 

• Thanks 1

I know to excuse Ryan's absense. We did a ATS (8330) on Oasis last year. I had every intention of keeping the board updated, and then fell into the vacation of it all. Then you get back and just trying to remember you don't have a genie anymore to make things wonderful takes a bit of time. Definitely the best experience! We had Smitha and she was/is fantastic.