Free - Reduced Air When are you Notified of Flight

ddlb

3 minutes ago, ddlb said:

No wheelchair had nothing to do with it.   AA lets you choose your seats when flying economy.  I did it flying to Hawaii and once back from Newark.  If you want better seats you pay more - there were plenty of free seats to choose from.  I do not know if other airlines allow this.  I was assuming we could board first because of the wheel chair but with assigned seats it doesn't matter.  If your son is flying AA have him do what I suggested and he will see he can select certain seats at no charge!

If you’re right then the AA agent gave ny son incorrect information. I’m going to call my travel agent to see if she can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for the info.

10 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

If you’re right then the AA agent gave ny son incorrect information. I’m going to call my travel agent to see if she can get to the bottom of this. Thanks for the info.

Does your son have his flight info - he can do it himself and should ASAP!  Just go to aa.com and enter his name and locator number

I don't understand the concern with sitting together as a gf/bf or as a family, unless, for the family, there are small children?  My DS is autistic, so obviously an issue there, but when I fly w/o him I never care where I sit, or with who.  My sister always gets stressed out on SW if we don't get seats together...why?  We both just read a book anyway.  

49 minutes ago, edspec said:

I don't understand the concern with sitting together as a gf/bf or as a family, unless, for the family, there are small children?  My DS is autistic, so obviously an issue there, but when I fly w/o him I never care where I sit, or with who.  My sister always gets stressed out on SW if we don't get seats together...why?  We both just read a book anyway.  

I like my wife so I prefer to sit with her!

17 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

You have to purchase Air Deviation and it will cost you.  So decide if that's really a perk you need.  If you can find a cheap flight on your own book it.

Actually this is incorrect. I had my travel agent contact her NCL rep and they said NO deviations on the Free/Reduced air promo perk. They said you HAVE to fly in day of cruise and out Day the cruise returns. This was a huge bummer for us because we always fly in at least a day before due to living in Chicago where winter weather is unpredictable. 

3 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Actually this is incorrect. I had my travel agent contact her NCL rep and they said NO deviations on the Free/Reduced air promo perk. They said you HAVE to fly in day of cruise and out Day the cruise returns. This was a huge bummer for us because we always fly in at least a day before due to living in Chicago where winter weather is unpredictable. 

Maybe what that one agent told your TA but others have reported they will allow it but for a fee based on their discussion with NCL.

Different answers from different agents from NCL is not uncommon.

17 hours ago, ddlb said:

No wheelchair had nothing to do with it.   AA lets you choose your seats when flying economy.  I did it flying to Hawaii and once back from Newark.  If you want better seats you pay more - there were plenty of free seats to choose from.  I do not know if other airlines allow this.  I was assuming we could board first because of the wheel chair but with assigned seats it doesn't matter.  If your son is flying AA have him do what I suggested and he will see he can select certain seats at no charge!

Where are your seats?

27 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Where are your seats?

The plane is one of those with 3 seat across - one one one side two on the other!  So going to MIA it's like the two seats behind the emergency door and coming back the 2 seats in front.  I think on the American to Hawaii we got to pick seats way in the back of the airbus - (this was just a regular AA flight - not through NCL)!  

10 hours ago, edspec said:

Depends on the length of the flight and how slim of a traveler you are I guess. We've done super low economy flights between JFK-ORD for $50/person and had no choice of seats. For the short 2 hr flight, we can deal with the random obnoxious passengers next to us (coming home I had a large, drunk, businessman who kept ordering more booze - he was aisle, I was middle, and his leg was in my footwell the whole time, but worse he was leaning his arm on my shoulder like an armrest until I gave him the look of death).

Hubby gets a bit stir crazy on long flights, so at least if I'm next to him he can lean into my space and get a smidge more room and have some companionship when he's about to lose his marbles. I have no desire to sit twinkie between 2 strangers on a 6+ hr long flight. 

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Depends on the length of the flight and how slim of a traveler you are I guess. We've done super low economy flights between JFK-ORD for $50/person and had no choice of seats. For the short 2 hr flight, we can deal with the random obnoxious passengers next to us (coming home I had a large, drunk, businessman who kept ordering more booze - he was aisle, I was middle, and his leg was in my footwell the whole time, but worse he was leaning his arm on my shoulder like an armrest until I gave him the look of death).

Hubby gets a bit stir crazy on long flights, so at least if I'm next to him he can lean into my space and get a smidge more room and have some companionship when he's about to lose his marbles. I have no desire to sit twinkie between 2 strangers on a 6+ hr long flight. 

Can you show us the look of death?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, steveweese said:

Can you show us the look of death?

Ha! If it gets shown to you, you won't live to tell the tale.

In other news, I finally got my edocs tonight for my 2/24 sailing. American Airlines, leaving JFK at 9am, getting to Miami at 12:20 for a 4pm sailing. Coming home is less desirable with a 4pm flight. I have no idea what I'm going to do at the airport for 4+ hours.

Using the record locator number on AA.com I was able to pick free seats for both of us together tonight. Baggage fees will be extra since I only have free perks on Delta, but at least the seats are chosen and flight time finally confirmed.

"...I have no idea what I'm going to do at the airport for 4+ hours.  Using the record locator number on AA.com I was able to pick free seats for both of us together tonight. Baggage fees will be extra since I only have free perks on Delta, but at least the seats are chosen and flight time finally confirmed"

I wonder how many people know you can get you seats assigned that way.  I didn't know it would be allowed but did it after reading a previous post here.  We also have a late afternoon flight and in the event you have a $50 per port perk you might want to do the Miami tour - better than sitting in the airport.  Also I was not emailed or told my flight info was finally available but found it by checking under summary in spite of being specifically told the flight info would be emailed to me!

My cruise is March 9, it was driving me crazy not to know.  I called NCL customized air line and sat on hold for 65 minutes.  ( Second attempt,  first time gave up at 35 minutes). Finally they answered and said they would have eventually emailed them but she sent them to me within minutes.  Flights are same day as sailing. If I added a hotel from them I can change and come in a day early.   If I have travel insurance and miss connection was told I would be flown to next port. 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, ddlb said:

My cruise is Jan 27 - as of today Jan 3 I have not received flight info for my included reduced air perk.  My TA said "usually" you are emailed that info 3 weeks before the cruise.   Was this the case with any of you who have used that perk?  I'm getting nervous cause I have to line up transportation to/from airport etc.  Thanks for any responses.

3 weeks!!!  They told me I would have the info 60 days out!!!

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, Sauer-kraut said:

You have to purchase Air Deviation and it will cost you.  So decide if that's really a perk you need.  If you can find a cheap flight on your own book it.

If you book your hotel thru NCL and transfers they can do it a day out no change to the cost of the flight.  Still very much a good deal for me (Although I haven't seen what my flights are yet!)

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, tokidoki said:

those times are perfect!    i just dont get the fact that even a couple might not sit together

I am a little worried - we have a 10 year old in tow and I feel bad for if he sits with strangers!

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, dexddd said:

Maybe what that one agent told your TA but others have reported they will allow it but for a fee based on their discussion with NCL.

Different answers from different agents from NCL is not uncommon.

I heard this from NCL initially too.  First I heard no.  Then I heard for a fee 60 days out you make changes, but they could not tell me the fee.  Then I found a PCC who hooked me up a day early with no extra charges.  I used the Ncl hotel which was a great deal.  Looks to be much nicer than what I would have picked for the same price

2 minutes ago, JulieJulie311 said:

I am a little worried - we have a 10 year old in tow and I feel bad for if he sits with strangers!

I was able to move my seats around with my flight AA. I even upgraded on our flight back .

1 minute ago, Kim L said:

I was able to move my seats around with my flight AA. I even upgraded on our flight back .

I'm guessing I will be on AA, because that's what flies out of Philly to Miami.  I will just watch my EDocs like a hawk and hopefully be able to get us seated together.