Celebrity Move Up

pna

17 hours ago, Diamond lover said:

I did not even know about this program.  Duh.  I should read everything.  Thanks for enlightening me.  I sail late February so I will research to know what’s a good deal and what isn’t, if I get an offer.

Good plan.  If you do not receive an e mail with an offer, you can check on the Celebrity website to see if there is an offer.  You should wait until around 4 weeks before your cruise date.  Many times ther will be an opportunity to bid for a cabin category that does not show any available cabins or prices.  Therefore you might want to get an idea of what you consider a good deal early.

Good luck.

Edited by jagoffee

On 1/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, avp1234 said:

Hi. We leave next week and I received an e-mail yesterday that one of our offers was accepted.  Booked a regular verandah, don't remember the cat., and I bid on Aqua and the two highest Suites.  We won the Aqua, 1A, and I'm happy. 🙂 

I did bid on the high end on the Aqua and lower to mid on the Suites.  The ship was sold out,  so someone must have dropped the Aqua.  I looked and now there is one Verandah showing and it's the room number we had. 

I was ok with bidding high on the Aqua because I really like the spa and Persian Garden, and...it's my birthday trip,  so why not splurge a little!  All the starting bids were on the higher side, but the ship was sold out, so I considered that also. We got the move up offer about 30 days out and the starting bid never changed.   

Amp how long is your cruise, and would you be kind enough to let me know what the range was for the suites?  I am hoping I have an opportunity to bid for a move up.  I am currently in Concierge, and my cruise is listed today at $3400 per person.  Royal Suite is listed at $9700 pp and Celebrity Suite is $8650 pp.  wondering what I should bid (16 day cruise).  If you remember the ranges would you please share?

warm regards.

2 minutes ago, KCalla said:

Jagoffee mentions checking on the Celebrity website for Move Up availablility.  I have not been able to find this.  Can anyone help with further direction?  Thank you.

On the main menu of opening page (top left corner, four parallel lines) you will find it there.

I checked  my reservation, still too early.

• Like 1

Thank you Diamond lover!  I was able to find it using your clear directions.  We are on a Feb 9 cruise.  When I submitted our information I got the message "We are sorry, we have no space available".  But your instructions will help me for future cruises.  Thank you again.

50 minutes ago, KCalla said:

Thank you Diamond lover!  I was able to find it using your clear directions.  We are on a Feb 9 cruise.  When I submitted our information I got the message "We are sorry, we have no space available".  But your instructions will help me for future cruises.  Thank you again.

Do not give up, you may well still get an invite to bid.  And try the celebrity site again next week.  Things change.  I just found out about this program, but everything I have read says “try again next week” even if it says there is no space available”

• 7 months later...

We attempted 3 "moveup" bids on Celebrity Millenium 7 night Vancouver departing 8/30/2019.

Bid $1200 each on a Penthouse Suite, FAIL.

Bid $650 each on Royal Suite, FAIL.

Bid $275 each on Celebrity Suite, FAIL.

Actually quite glad our bids failed, because you only get the Captain's Club cruise points for the cabin originally booked

In addition, we already have access to Luminae restaurant since we were booked in a Sky Suite.  The extra space sounded nice, but from what I read, no other benefits other than the extra square footage in those cabins.  

This is just another way for Celebrity to capture more revenue and look at what we saved!!! 

• 4 months later...

I received a couple invitations to bid. We have an OV cabin on Summit, February 1, 2020. I decided to pass. As much as I'd like a balcony cabin, I think we'd likely end up in an undesirable location, a cabin no one else wanted to book. Unless - as someone mentioned - a sold cabin becomes available due to someone else's last-minute change in plans - I'm not confident we'd really feel like we'd been upgraded. We're "nearly steerage" on deck 3, but in the section that used to be part of the conference rooms. I chose it because those rooms have unusually large windows. Also, they are across the hall from said conference room. Unless there is a big group on board, those meeting rooms are rarely used. It should be pretty quiet. Can't wait to experience the Revolutionized Summit!

On 8/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, pdxstocks said:

Actually quite glad our bids failed, because you only get the Captain's Club cruise points for the cabin originally booked

The extra space sounded nice, but from what I read , no other benefits other than the extra square footage in those cabins.   

This is just another way for Celebrity to capture more revenue and look at what we saved!!! 

I do not know what you read, but if you are successful in move up bid, you do get the extra perks that normally come with the class of cabin that you successfully bid up to.  Of course, you do not have to bid up on any room, your choice. 😊

35 minutes ago, printingchick said:

I received a couple invitations to bid. We have an OV cabin on Summit, February 1, 2020. I decided to pass. As much as I'd like a balcony cabin, I think we'd likely end up in an undesirable location, a cabin no one else wanted to book. Unless - as someone mentioned - a sold cabin becomes available due to someone else's last-minute change in plans - I'm not confident we'd really feel like we'd been upgraded. We're "nearly steerage" on deck 3, but in the section that used to be part of the conference rooms. I chose it because those rooms have unusually large windows. Also, they are across the hall from said conference room. Unless there is a big group on board, those meeting rooms are rarely used. It should be pretty quiet. Can't wait to experience the Revolutionized Summit!

Sounds eerily familiar.

On our 14 night Southeast Asia Millennium Christmas/New Year cruise a year ago, we had booked the old conference area room at the midship end--not only a larger window, but a small bit of extra square footage...Of course, what they were asking to "move up" didn't make sense to us either...so we decided to pass...Did not want to lose that room or that location for the possibility of being all the way fore or aft...

Well, we flew to Hong Kong, and a couple of days later, we went to the terminal to check in for the cruise...and there was some snag at check-in...they had trouble finding our cards.  The agent left for a few minutes, then came back and explained that the reason he couldn't locate them was that we had been moved--upgraded AT NO CHARGE--to a "handicapped" balcony cabin midship--a room much larger than a standard balcony...with a very large bathroom as well and a larger than standard balcony and right near the midship elevators (yeah, with a large funky roll-in shower we didn't need).  I guess either they never sold this cabin--or someone who booked it backed out last minute.  I am guessing they would have assigned it to someone bidding on one of those Move Up offers--but, apparently, they likely had no such offers to run with.  So, without an offer, we were upgraded anyway!

Edited by Bruin Steve

On 1/14/2019 at 7:56 PM, KCalla said:

Jagoffee mentions checking on the Celebrity website for Move Up availablility.  I have not been able to find this.  Can anyone help with further direction?  Thank you.

Go to Celebrity - Click the hamburger button Menu -  Top Left and go down to Celebrity MoveUP under already booked.

It will take you to:   https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Location is important to me so I only bid on the Celebrity or Royal Suite with a Suite who cares where it is located.

I just bid the lowest amount if I get it great if not I like the cabin I already have just fine and have more shopping money for my wife. 

Edited by southernbreezes

6 hours ago, Texed said:

I do not know what you read, but if you are successful in move up bid, you do get the extra perks that normally come with the class of cabin that you successfully bid up to.  Of course, you do not have to bid up on any room, your choice. 😊

I do not think you get any of the extra perks or Captain club points. https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade/celebrity-moveup-faqs

Celebrity move up rules.pdf

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

You only accumulate points per your original room classification but if you are sucessful in winning a bid for a Room like Royal Suite or Penthouse you get the amenities that come with the room.   These would include Premium Drink Package, Unlimited Laundry, Unlimited Specialty Dining, 2 Bottles of Liquor and Bar Setup  etc.    I believe the confusion is the words "Perks" vs Suite Amenities or Premium All In Benefits. 

image.thumb.png.d373e8a4cd9b84d098f070bb8fe9b0f9.png

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, southernbreezes said:

You get any amenities which come with the stateroom.  For SG suites and above this includes wifi, premium bev package, specialty dining, laundry etc.

You don't get any booking perks which might be common with the upgraded cabin.   In the case of SG and above you wouldn't get OBC or Gratuities, unless you had them as part of your original booking. 

The key is that amenities are not the same as perks.

You are bidding on a Suite with no perks unless you already have perks (they come with you).   Upper suites as above. .

If for example you have a Sky Suite with 4 perks and win a  Celebrity Suite you will retain your 4 perks but if you have Zero Perks you will have Zero Perks on the upgrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are bidding on a Suite with no perks unless you already have perks (they come with you).   Upper suites as above. .

If for example you have a Sky Suite with 4 perks and win a  Celebrity Suite you will retain your 4 perks but if you have Zero Perks you will have Zero Perks on the upgrade.

That’s what I expected and tried to point out in my post 42.  

Edited by southernbreezes

• 2 weeks later...

Having booked with a TA, I did not think we would get an e-mail.  I read where someone bid $75 pp for move from a C2 to Aqua.  I originally bid $100 pp and then changed it to $150pp.  I am happy with my C2 location, so if we get Aqua we do, if not, se lavie.