Traditional Enhanced Dining?

Cruise'nMaMa

Just boarded the Ruby.  Our dining time is 5:15 Traditional Enhanced Dining.  Not seen this one in all my Princess cruises.  Our booking said 5pm when they made those dining time changes.  Anyone know what it is?  Regular Traditional is at 5 in another dining room.

20 minutes ago, Cruise'nMaMa said:

Just boarded the Ruby.  Our dining time is 5:15 Traditional Enhanced Dining.  Not seen this one in all my Princess cruises.  Our booking said 5pm when they made those dining time changes.  Anyone know what it is?  Regular Traditional is at 5 in another dining room.

Lots of discussion about the new times over the last few months.

It's up to the individual ship and MD.

They are almost always different once onboard.

59 minutes ago, Cruise'nMaMa said:

Not sure exactly what you are asking. Are you wondering why your booking said 5 and the actual time was 5:15 or why yours is 5:15 and the other is 5? Or is it because the times are so early? (due to recent changes made fleet wide).

Usually the mid ship early traditional opens 15 minutes before the traditional dining room in the stern.  Sometimes they are 4:45 and 5:00, sometimes 5:00 and 5:15. Not unusual to have some variations depending upon ship and route.

Edited by RDC1

1 hour ago, Cruise'nMaMa said:

I'm  wringing my hands together waiting for your reply 

I was just asking if anyone knows what Traditional Enhanced is because I had not seen it and it is listed separate from Traditional.  I’m well versed on the whole time issue.   

I will let you know if it is different or not after we go 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Post #17 in this thread.

They have gone fleet wide with  "for a charge" Crown Grill additions to the regular DR menu's.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2619311-review-island-princess-christmas-cruise-panama-canal-dec-20-30-2018/

Colo Cruiser, I'mm well aware of Crown Grille and other upcharge venues.  OP said this was in MDR.

1 minute ago, pandora518 said:

Colo Cruiser, I'mm well aware of Crown Grille and other upcharge venues.  OP said this was in MDR.

Did you read my post and look at the link I provided? Post #17?

These are new entrees for a price that are now in the main MDR menu!

13 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Did you read my post and look at the link I provided? Post #17?

These are new entrees for a price that are now in the main MDR menu!

Ah, see it now.  Very long post to read through.  But why would they offer this in one MDR and not all?

1 minute ago, waltd said:

Could  Traditional Enhanced Dining be Club Class Dining?  We were just on the Ruby but did not see the term Enhanced.

Club Class was my first thought as well. No idea if that's not the answer though. Never had Club Class and never heard of the "enhanced" listing.

This question is intriguing.  With luck, the OP will give up some of her shipboard internet minutes, come back here and share with us what "Enhanced" dining is.

Expiring minds want to know.

• Like 1

Just now, victory2020 said:

Is late dining 7:15 or 7:30 (like it was last November)?

Depends on the ship.

They all seem to be different once onboard versus what Princess is telling everybody pre cruise.

I have seen comments of 7:15, 7:30, 7:45 from posters who either finished their cruise or just off one.

3 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

that's why I was asking on this tread - wanted to specifically know about the Ruby. Last November on the Ruby (second cruise with new dining times) it was 7:30. Will be back in a couple of weeks & would like to know if they've adjusted times at all.

Got it.

The MD can still change the times depending on the cruise/demographic so what's on one cruise may not be on the next.

On the Grand recently.  They had also referred to the menu as enhanced.  I took that to be due to their making some Crown grill or Crown Grill like items, on the menu for an added charge, since they were not using the term prior to the addition of the added charged items.

Edited by RDC1