Traditional Enhanced Dining?

Cruise'nMaMa

20 hours ago, Thrak said:

Club Class was my first thought as well. No idea if that's not the answer though. Never had Club Class and never heard of the "enhanced" listing.

Club class doesn't have an assigned time, it's anytime with little or wait so that doesn't sound to be what enhanced means. 

21 hours ago, victory2020 said:

that's why I was asking on this tread - wanted to specifically know about the Ruby. Last November on the Ruby (second cruise with new dining times) it was 7:30. Will be back in a couple of weeks & would like to know if they've adjusted times at all.

Last month, like your Nov experience, Second Seating was 7:30, Botticelli.

I too do not know what "Enhanced" means.  It would NOT mean "Club Class" because they don't have a set time.

Just now, chefchick said:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why would someone pay $19 for a steak from the crown grill when they can order a whole meal at the crown grill for $29?

Because maybe the people they are dining with do not wish to go to the crown grill and pay the up charge, but one person really wants a crown grill steak.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why would anyone pay for any food in the DR?

Just because I am in that kind of mood today, do you really care, or was your intent to denigrate those who like the option?

Just in case you really care how others make their decision, I would suggest that anybody who pays for an optional plate in a dining room does so because they want it.  Some people pay in the dining room for drinks--alcoholic beverages, sodas, specialty coffees.  It's the same thing.  They do so because they want to.

1 minute ago, XBGuy said:

Just because I am in that kind of mood today, do you really care, or was your intent to denigrate those who like the option?

Just in case you really care how others make their decision, I would suggest that anybody who pays for an optional plate in a dining room does so because they want it.  Some people pay in the dining room for drinks--alcoholic beverages, sodas, specialty coffees.  It's the same thing.  They do so because they want to.

I was quoting another poster. 

I can't ask the question???

You are not gonna cry are you?

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I was quoting another poster. 

I can't ask the question???

You are not gonna cry are you?

Yes, I saw that, and I thought the post immediately before yours gave a good answer to that.

I don't see how your answer responded, at all, to the one you quoted.  So, I thought you were asking the board.

1 hour ago, RDC1 said:

Because maybe the people they are dining with do not wish to go to the crown grill and pay the up charge, but one person really wants a crown grill steak.

Exactly!  We were traveling with family recently, and I had considered and rejected the idea of a Crown Grill dinner one night.  So this option would have given any one of us the opportunity to have an upgraded steak selection.

I was actually pleased with the beef at the Main Dining Room this last cruise, it was the best it has been in a few years.  And that is without the upgrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Do you know if the food is cooked in the crown grill or main dining room when you order extra charge items. I will try them. Splitting with wife is a good idea. 

On most ships probably not, because the Crown Grill is located too far away.  The items are probably the same cuts and recipe, just cooked in the MDR dining room.

Edited by RDC1