“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Hi Everybody!  

My first Cruist Critic post!  Barb told me you were having some rough seas on the way to Hawaii - hope that has calmed down for you all and that you are enjoying the sea days.  🙂

Mom and I got home just fine (since we live close to where the ship docked in LA!) I do apologize to you all that the port there has NOTHING immediately close by to visit!  Closest attraction is probably the Long Beach Aquarium!  

Enjoy and my best wishes to all!

Terralee

IMG_9047.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terralee said:

Hi Everybody!  

My first Cruist Critic post!  Barb told me you were having some rough seas on the way to Hawaii - hope that has calmed down for you all and that you are enjoying the sea days.  🙂

Mom and I got home just fine (since we live close to where the ship docked in LA!) I do apologize to you all that the port there has NOTHING immediately close by to visit!  Closest attraction is probably the Long Beach Aquarium!  

Enjoy and my best wishes to all!

Terralee

IMG_9047.JPG

Hi!  We sure miss you and your Mom!

I don’t think it’s rough...as airline captain’s like to say....just a little “light chop”...😉

Betsy says ‘hi’...🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Not landlubbers said:

What is a cabin crawl? Sounds intriguing!!

A tour of different types of cabins on the ship, so you may consider booking them on future cruises.  Since the ship sails full usually, seeing each other’s is the only way you may get to see them.

It is “educational “, and always a lot of fun,

especially when going from smallest or cheapest, to grandest.😎

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Terralee said:

Was thinking about Betsy and Suki!  Did she make it back to the ship??  I hope so!  Glad to hear that the seas aren't so rough.  🙂

Did you join my Trivia Team, Bob?

Unfortunately, Sukey required surgery in LA.   Hopefully, she will re-join us in Honolulu...

I joined Linda’s team, not sure if that was yours...

Sorry to hear that!  I hope she'll be in good shape in HI when she gets back on!

No, my team was with Roseann.  🙂  I think Linda's team is really good though!  I see lots of BIG O points in your future!  lol!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bob brown said:

A tour of different types of cabins on the ship, so you may consider booking them on future cruises.  Since the ship sails full usually, seeing each other’s is the only way you may get to see them.

It is “educational “, and always a lot of fun,

especially when going from smallest or cheapest, to grandest.😎

Hey there Bob - Hope you're having a great cruise.  We miss you!

• Thanks 1

I'm having a great time...met new faces at the Meet & Greet and at today's cabin crawl. Bob Brown did a wonderful job organizing the cabin crawl...thanks, Bob!

The crew are amazing and spoiling us already. Looking forward to attending the 2nd event for the worldies tomorrow. So sorry to hear of Sukey's mishap...look forward to meeting her after she rejoins us.

Not having rough weather, but it's windy and the ship is rolling and shaking.  Hard to walk without looking like a drunken sailor!  😂  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pennypeterlily said:

Hey there Bob - Hope you're having a great cruise.  We miss you!

4 hours ago, pennypeterlily said:

Hi Bob how are you ? send pics!!

Hi!

And welcome to Cruise Critic’s!🙂

I will email you some, as the satellite internet is rather slow.

I’ll call you when we reach Hawaii...

Hello,  a total Oceania newbie here.

This cruise looks amazing!

We are seeing a really great Itinerary on what will be the refurbished Riviera.

While am loving all of your posts and photos... I am seeing a lot of people and places.

I would just love it if some of you could post a few pictures and comments of the different areas of the ship...  and as a bit of a wannabe foodie, who does not want to board another ship from the main mid-level mass-market line we just recently cruised, because of the AWFUL food and service with their current cutbacks...

I would love some comments and foodie photos!

Just now, Wishing on a star said:

Hello,  a total Oceania newbie here.

This cruise looks amazing!

We are seeing a really great Itinerary on what will be the refurbished Riviera.

While am loving all of your posts and photos... I am seeing a lot of people and places.

I would just love it if some of you could post a few pictures and comments of the different areas of the ship...  and as a bit of a wannabe foodie, who does not want to board another ship from the main mid-level mass-market line we just recently cruised, because of the AWFUL food and service with their current cutbacks...

I would love some comments and foodie photos!

since this  thread is about  the World  cruise on  the Insignia   the ships photos  will be a lot different than on Riviera

check out

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/

maybe check some of the other threads  for the food photos

• Thanks 1

Another lovely yet cool day on the way to Hawaii! I put on a jacket and am sitting on the balcony...luckily the "ocean motion" has calmed down and the sun is out. I have my iced tea, am watching for whales and listening to Eric Clapton....how could it get better?  😍

Went to the nice ATW party with yummy food and got to talk to many folks. Will be getting a massage later and made a bracelet in craft class today. The show tonight (Gatsby) sounds good so we plan to attend. 

Here are some pics from my day today as well as some of our PH suite.

20190202_150618.jpg

20190202_144530.jpg

20190202_144345.jpg

20190130_125803.jpg

20190130_125813.jpg

20190130_125759.jpg

20190130_125905.jpg

20190130_130034.jpg

• Like 1

Bob..  Thanks for the pics of the cabin crawl.  Looks like fun.  Really enjoyed the pics of delicious reception for the ATW crowd.  From the happy faces everywhere, seems like your cruise is off to a good start!  I'm really enjoying following all of your adventures through the photos.

Go-Bucks...Thanks for the pics of your stateroom.  The new colors look very soothing.  Is the jacket you're wearing while lounging on the verandah the one given to ATW folks by O?.  It looks like very stylish!  Cool bracelet you made at crafts.  Is that part of the Artists Loft offerings?

Bob,  the beds are a subject that I can actually comment on here...

I am not sure when you experienced the new Princess Bed, and how long that bed had been onboard.

We enjoyed the new beds when they were new, on the CORAL Princess,  which was one of the first ships to get them.

So, this has been quite a while now.

I believe that word is out that these beds are just not holding up like they should.

Which would be unfortunate.

We were recently on the REGAL,  which is just now, currently, being outfitted with new beds.

We had the one 'improved' mattress that was original on the REGAL, that was not the totally abhorrent hard and lumpy as rocks mattresses that Princess did have I the past.  Which would be about 4 years old...  Not the New Princess Bed... We did take a cheap, thin, foam topper from Walmart.  It wasn't too awfully bad.

Okay, since I have no problem putting this info, and my opinion, out there, with Princess having come up....

They are rolling out changes...  i.e.: real cutbacks in food and service.

The absolutely unacceptable food and service we experienced on the REGAL,  which is otherwise a wonderful and amazing ship! will keep us from booking another Princess cruise.

Our experience in the MDR, when we were on the CORAL Princess was excellent... So, the difference was really apparent.

I would love to see some foodie pictures and reviews on Oceania's current offerings.

Edited by Wishing on a star