“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

50 minutes ago, ilsun said:

Snorkeling with Whale Sharks in the Sea of Cortez, La Pas, Mexico. 2 hours drive from Cabo San Lucas.

I was pretty sea sick but my wife loved it.

Thanks to Eric for the GoPro photos

IMG_20190129_104652.jpg

IMG_20190129_104605.jpg

Edited by Not landlubbers
Great pictures of whale sharks!! Are they huge??
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Not landlubbers said:

Great pictures of whale sharks!! Are they huge??

This is how big they are:

Mass: 41,000 lbs (Adult) 
Length: 18 – 33 ft.
With their mouths open they look like they could swallow 3 or 4 people at once but fortunately they don’t - they are filter feeding.

Edited by Paulchili

18 minutes ago, grmmybtty said:

Prices were about the same and ours was only a 7 day cruise! The major difference is that we got jackets for only 50 points. That’s probably why they went so fast.

Generally speaking, the redemption rates are lower on shorter cruises as people have fewer days/chances to accumulate lots of O points on a short cruise; reverse is true for longer cruises.

That si our experience.

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Generally speaking, the redemption rates are lower on shorter cruises as people have fewer days/chances to accumulate lots of O points on a short cruise; reverse is true for longer cruises.

That si our experience.

Question: what activities can you do to accumulate O Points? I don't play trivia or do shuffleboard, golf or ping pong. 

13 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Question: what activities can you do to accumulate O Points? I don't play trivia or do shuffleboard, golf or ping pong. 

Oh boy - you might be in trouble :classic_biggrin: You named most of the activities that award O Points.

The daily program lists all activities and those activities that award O points will have a big O after them, Some - like trivia - you have to win or place to get points while others you get 1 point just for participating.

Good luck.

Maybe you can try Baggo. I don't like golf putting but sometimes I do it for the fun and doing stuff with others, and the points, but we get most of our points at trivia. 

I do like the Mensa quiz, especially now that they do the answers and points right after trivia. We never played it before. My wife tells me all the answers. I'm pretty sure Mensa wouldn't let me in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am trying to plan a small group (6-16 people) Jewish tour of northern Israel while we are in Haifa on May 26.  Details are below but please note the following:

-My husband Alan and I will not be taking this tour unless we get at least 6 people.

-We have a ship tour booked as a backup

-If you are interested, please contact Leo J at www.GuidedToursIsrael.com

Jewish Shore Excursion to Northern Israel

www.GuidedToursIsrael.com 

Price: $99 per person

In our small-group tour of 6-16 persons (private tours also available)

• Any group size welcome - sign up and join others from ship

• Personal pick-up and drop-off - 100% on time guarantee

• Full day excursion covering Haifa's Baha'i Gardens, Acre, Safed, Sea of Galilee, Tiberius (subject to time)

• English speaking expert guide for the day

• Great excursion or money back policy!

We will meet you at the Haifa port with a sign that has your name on it.  From here we start an excursion into the Galilee that covers some of the places of interest from a Jewish perspective.

We start this tour excursion by meeting you at port with a sign as you arrive.  Our first stop is the top of Mount Carmel in Haifa to view the Baha'i Gardens and the Haifa Bay (take a photo of your cruise ship from the top of the mountain).  Next we drive to the old Crusader port town of Acre for a visit to the Crusader Fortress (adamission extra).  We will then head to Safed, the worldwide center to Kabalah to walk the narrow streets and visit the art colony.  There are great views of the Sea of Galilee and the old synagogues make for a fascinating visit.  We will also stop in Tiberius subject to time. 

This excursion is tailored to our Jewish guests who wish to hear and learn of the Jewish roots in northern Eretz Israel.

Our Guarantee

We will do everything possible to ensure you have an enjoyable time!  If for any reason you are not pleased with our service we will offer you up to 50% refund if you contact us directly after the tour.  We offer exceptional customer service in Israel and we are pleased to backup our commitment with this money-back promise!

A big “O” Welcome Aboard, to all those boarding today in Los Angeles!🙂

Don’t miss our CC meet and mingle tomorrow at 10:00 AM, in the Horizon Lounge, Deck 10, Forward.

And for those of you who are traveling solo, or are single, please come to the ship’s solo travelers get together, this evening at 6:30 PM, same location, hosted by Stephanie, the social hostess.😎

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

A big “O” Welcome Aboard, to all those boarding today in Los Angeles!🙂

Don’t miss our CC meet and mingle tomorrow at 10:00 AM, in the Horizon Lounge, Deck 10, Forward.

And for those of you who are traveling solo, or are single, please come to the ship’s solo travelers get together, this evening at 6:30 PM, same location, hosted by Stephanie, the social hostess.😎

Thanks for the welcome, Bob!!  WE'RE HERE!  Happy to finally be here and start the adventure!!  🤩  🌴  🛳️

I’m evaluating my plans for Ho Chi Minh City. Does anyone know where we will dock or if there is a shuttle to the city? I booked a ship’s tour of the city but I don’t think that’s what I really want  to do. Is the city easy to see on your Own? 

2 hours ago, Damicom said:

I’m evaluating my plans for Ho Chi Minh City. Does anyone know where we will dock or if there is a shuttle to the city? I booked a ship’s tour of the city but I don’t think that’s what I really want  to do. Is the city easy to see on your Own? 

I can’t answer as to shuttles or port. But, we did spend 4 days there a few years ago and saw the sights independently.  It is somewhat walkable in the center...but, watch out for the scooters..they will use the sidewalks when traffic is bad. Also, crossing streets in Vietnam is a learned art.  Locals will see you hesitate and signal you to follow them into the melee, which helps.  Check TripAdvisor for the two recommended taxi companies and stick with those. 

• Like 1

This is info from ATW16;

there was a short shuttle ride to downtown location and we walked around.  The big market was amazing!  However, we are both like history so we did the shorex "Good Morning Vietnam" and thoroughly enjoyed it.

saw all of the things we had seen on TV when we were young as well as the cu chi tunnels which were amazing.  Next time we'll have time to do a cruise on the Mekong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buggins0402 said:

Also, crossing streets in Vietnam is a learned art.  Locals will see you hesitate and signal you to follow them into the melee, which helps. 

All very true. One very important thing to keep in mind is to cross the street confidently without hesiatation or stopping (like the locals do). The cars and motorcycles count on that type of behavior and will get around you but if you stop it tends to throw them off.

We were in Saigon twice with Nautica and both times we docked in town - very close walking to many - but not all - sights.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Fayecruises said:

Our cousin  Carter Siegel is on this world cruise   Can someone get him a message and tell him we are thinking of him and to call us  if he can when he gets to Hawaii.       Thanks  in advance     Faye and Stan Siegel

Message delivered to   Reception Desk.