“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

1 hour ago, NOLA Cruisers said:

Cool Cruiser I love your pictures, especially your Drew Brees jersey.  We were at the game, what a heartbreaker!  Who Dat!  

You got robbed.   About the worst non call ever.   The refs should be fired.    Sorry about that.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJB said:

You got robbed.   About the worst non call ever.   The refs should be fired.    Sorry about that.   

Thanks Cool Cruiser.  It is one thing to loose a game, but it really hurts when you loose a game because of another person.  We will overcome and come back strong next year.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gwblank3 said:

Watching the Lunar eclipse near NYC. At peak right now.

18 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I've been watching too...very cool.

We were, too!

The captain turned out the lights on Deck Ten, so we could get a better view.😎

4B687D5E-3FFF-40BA-8223-5CA3E21D77F4.jpeg

DB6DC390-9370-4D32-86E7-2061439A0494.jpeg

• Like 1

Love these pics! We went on a similar boat tour in Costa Rica and those crocs were everywhere! Our boat captain stood on the front of the boat and dangled a whole chicken in the air and the crocs would jump out of the water to snatch them. 🐓

On 1/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, LHT28 said:

unless you want to comment on the picture  just do not reply to that post

You can just delete the other photos  if you want to comment on just one of them

Thanks for all the feedback. I do still think that this format is not IPad or phone friendly!

19 minutes ago, MLA said:

Thanks for all the feedback. I do still think that this format is not IPad or phone friendly!

The format may be lousy but the pictures that are being posted hare are really nice.  Good to see some of these places again and  great to see a few new places.  Will keep following for the next 5 months or so.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOLA Cruisers said:

I am in cabin 7008 starting in LA.  I think your cabin should be the same as ours.  Does your cabin have shelves in the bathroom to hold toiletries?  

I can’t answer for that cabin, but mine has none, since it is “accessible”.

I knew this, thanks to photos from an earlier roll call, so purchased an over the door hanging storage unit at Walmart.

Works perfectly. 🙂

4 hours ago, NOLA Cruisers said:

I am in cabin 7008 starting in LA.  I think your cabin should be the same as ours.  Does your cabin have shelves in the bathroom to hold toiletries?  

Yes there's a cabinet plus 2 small shelves

Nicaragua enters a new ‘reign of fear’ but the few tourists who come only see the many police check points. In the photos: Welcoming the ship with bands & dancers, Banana & plantaine women co-operative plantation, Old Leon & daily lifeIMG_20190122_164552.thumb.jpg.20abc28bb8ead0787fbc22e3bf340ba1.jpg

IMG_20190122_170643.jpg

IMG_20190122_170919.jpg

IMG_20190122_165117.jpg

IMG_20190122_164503.jpg

IMG_20190122_165258.jpg

IMG_20190122_164426.jpg

IMG_20190122_170809.jpg

IMG_20190122_085729.jpg

IMG_20190122_170610.jpg

IMG_20190122_164846.jpg

IMG_20190122_165449.jpg

IMG_20190122_165016.jpg

IMG_20190122_164916.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ilsun said:

Nicaragua enters a new ‘reign of fear’ but the few tourists who come only see the many police check points. In the photos: Welcoming the ship with bands & dancers, Banana & plantaine women co-operative plantation, Old Leon & daily life

Are they having civil war again?  That would be too bad for the people.  It was peaceful when we were there 10 yrs ago, but the country's infrastructure wasn't conducive to tourism....we got a partial refund for our tour.  The best time we had was just wandering around San Juan del Sur...they have a large expat population and cute little shops and a pretty church.

• Like 1

We hold Nicaragua near and dear to our hearts as one of our most favorite warm weather get-aways. We were also there about 10 years ago, It would be so sad if it became politically impossible to travel there. 

Thanks for the pictures.  

Edited by buggins0402
  • Like 1

Daniel Ortega believes his dictatorship is threatened. Unrest started April 2018. About 300 killed, 500 arrested, radio stations and newspapers threatened and shut down. I was in San Juan del Sur in January 2017. Enjoyed it then. Would not want to be there now.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 7:15 AM, NOLA Cruisers said:

Bon Temp Rollette! There are 2 small shelves on one wall with bar to keep them sliding of.  There are 3 small selves below and to the side of the sink and there is a good sized medicine/toiletry cabinet behind the mirror over the sink.  They also already have a good hair drier.  It is small, especially the shower but okay. Look me up once you are onboard.  I was hoping for some Saints fans for the Superbowl but, some blind referees blew that!

19 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Thank you guys for posting such wonderful pictures! I get to escape from my desk for a few minutes everyday by looking at those wonderful pictures. 

Ilsun, What kind of camera and lens are you using.  Your photos are beautiful.

• Like 1