“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

yes, we ATW16 cruisers were told by a few that we were a clique.  Later we all said it sounded like junior high school...but you are right to say we bonded.

There were special events planned just for us and many of us went on O's overlands together.  When people are together 24/7 for 180 days there are bound to be close friendships made and we depended on each other. 

That said, we always were nice to others but there were a few people who were unpleasant to travel with and we were VERY glad that they weren't worldies--they were unhappy with everything and expressed themselves repeatedly and loudly.  (like the woman who poked the rolls & tried to taste the sauces with her nasty fingernails--in Terrace)

I truly never saw a mean worldie.  BTW, there are many on ATW19 who are on an ATW16 reunion cruise and the same will happen on ATW20 so the clique accusations will fly. 

We remain closely tied to each other through social media to this day.  We've gone through heart issues, cancer treatment, surgeries, downsizing, and new grandbabies--life issues with our ATW friends supporting us daily.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cbb said:

yes, we ATW16 cruisers were told by a few that we were a clique.  Later we all said it sounded like junior high school...but you are right to say we bonded.

When people are together 24/7 for 180 days there are bound to be close friendships made and we depended on each other. 

That said, we always were nice to others but there were a few people who were unpleasant to travel with 

there are many on ATW19 who are on an ATW16 reunion cruise and the same will happen on ATW20 so the clique accusations will fly. 

We remain closely tied to each other 

I'm going to remain positive! Hopefully all of us worldies will act like adults and treat everyone with kindness and respect! What difference does it make if someone sails for a segment or the whole cruise??  

It's reasonable and expected that Oceania will have additional events/gifts for the worldies, but I'm sure there'll be many opportunities for all of us to socialize together. 

Looking forward to meeting and bonding with EVERYONE!!  👍  😍

• Like 2

yes, and many of us knew some segmenters having sailed with them before.

I've learned that there are always going to be those few vocal people who are going to be negative about most things and I just want to say "look where you are--you are walking, thinking, breathing--and on a ship or in a wonderful port, be grateful."

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kitty9 said:

How many passengers are doing the full world cruise?  When I did one on Crystal, the number of full worlders was rather small, around 200 out of 960.

Iirc Leslie John said about 365 are doing the whole ATW.  Seems to grow each year 🙂

1 hour ago, cbb said:

I've learned that there are always going to be those few vocal people who are going to be negative

Oh yes....have experienced that!  I sailed to Alaska in Sept. but the weather was perfect...70+ degrees and sunny everyday.  The staff said it was the nicest week of the entire season.  While eating dinner at a table with several others, one of the couples complained about everything!  The climax, though, was when the woman said "and I'm sick of this lousy weather."  I couldn't hold back....I said "but it's been warm and dry."  She said "not like it is in the Caribbean."  Oh my...some people just always see the glass half empty.  I just try to avoid them.   🌅

• Like 1

We have had the pleasure of traveling on a segment of a World Cruise twice.  We enjoyed every minute of the cruise.  We really didn't know who was traveling for the entire cruise and who was traveling for just one or two segments.

We have traveled on cruises where  large family groups were traveling together. We were not offended when they did not include us in all of their activities.  Why should anyone be offended of a group of friends to socialize together on vacation?  

We will be traveling on the last two segments of this trip and are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Edited by mcgilldj
I left it out.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mcgilldj said:

We have had the pleasure of traveling on a segment of a World Cruise twice.  We enjoyed every minute of the cruise.  We really didn't know who was traveling for the entire cruise and who was traveling for just one or two segments.

We have traveled on cruises where  large family groups were traveling together. We were not offended when they did not include us in all of their activities.  Why should anyone be offended of a group of friends to socialize together on vacation?  

Agree!  We did two segments of last year’s ATW and feel the same way although we did mostly know who was traveling ATW and who was doing segments as this fact usually came  up during conversations or in other ways but it never made a difference.  The few that we chose not to associate with were jerks that may or may not have been worldies.  We are doing two more segments this year (Sydney to Singapore) and expect the same.  By the way, this will complete our ATW.  The only difference is we will have done it in segments.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Also, my wife and I are looking for a trivia team to join.  My expertise is I know the answer to every question NOT asked. 

Edited by RetiredLifer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Not landlubbers said:

Well that poor woman needs to study up on her climates and geography! I am enjoying sharing this RTW with all of you and I am not even on the ship... But maybe one day! Sail on!!

I'm trying to figure out how anyone could expect Caribbean-type weather in Alaska!!!!  Mind boggling.

Cbb..well said about your wonderful friendships made with fellow ATW16 cruisers.  Although I am not one of them, I do feel some kinship as I traveled on the trip through your posts!  As some wit said, "you can't have too many friends".

Go-Bucks...enjoyed you story about the geography challenged lady on Alaska cruise.  We've all run across unpleasant cruisers....I just ignore them:)

Palakika

What a busy day at sea!

Stretch at 8:00AM,

Golf putting 9:00 AM

ATW breakfast and reception 9:30 AM

Solo traveler’s meet 10:30 AM

Cruise Critics meet. 11:00 AM

Golf putting 2:00 PM

Baggo bean 2:30 PM

Team trivia 4:15 PM

Mensa quiz 4:45 PM

Captain’s reception 5:45 PM

Dinner with an officer 7:15 PM

Brainteaser trivia 8:30 PM (probably miss)

Comedian Tom Briscoe 9:30 PM

Cabaret with Bryn Jenke 10:30 PM

And there’s a lot more going on that I can’t be at.   Oceania certainly keeps us busy!🙂3F6D4ECA-49A6-49B4-9F14-F3E6A7D48BD4.thumb.jpeg.02979d6abfff95a435780dadc8e4396e.jpeg

01968CD3-9319-4F42-B948-2AE84FED5C6E.jpeg

6BB5D3C0-0C0C-4695-A4AD-606D03F331F3.jpeg

250B4B72-C1B4-4AD5-A829-BAF0B0A89D59.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, whogo said:

The easy way to quote with the new cruise critic forum software is to highlight the text you want to quote. A "Quote selection" option pops up nearby, simply click on that. Easy as can be. Note that you rarely have to quote an entire post and you never, never have to quote a photo.

Hey, I  just tried this and it's easy-peasy!  What a game changer!

15 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I am with you Mura about not repeating the pictures.

It will indeed be a VERY long thread as is - no need to repeat pictures.

Hi. Just checking for thise of us who may be unsure of how to do this. Can you please patiently explain?

9 minutes ago, MLA said:

Hi. Just checking for thise of us who may be unsure of how to do this. Can you please patiently explain?

Highlight only the portion that you want to quote and you will see a box saying “Quote selection”. Click on that box and you are ready to reply.

Edited by Paulchili

5 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Highlight only the portion that you want to quote and you will see a box saying “Quote selection”. Click on that box and you are ready to reply.

Sorry to be dense. How about posts that are all pictures? Can you easily delete these? I never had problems with the “old” CC!