“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Just now, tvlbum said:

Ilsun, What kind of camera and lens are you using.  Your photos are beautiful.

Thank you, I am mainly using my Samsung S8+ and for longer shots a Sony RX6.

But as photography was my profession for the last 48 years I can tell you that it is the eye that matters not the equipment.

Anyway it can't always be fun, see the picture below

IMG_20190123_115657.jpg

4 hours ago, gwblank3 said:

Daniel Ortega believes his dictatorship is threatened. Unrest started April 2018. About 300 killed, 500 arrested, radio stations and newspapers threatened and shut down. I was in San Juan del Sur in January 2017. Enjoyed it then. Would not want to be there now.

So sad and sorry to hear that.  Some of those Central American countries have such a difficult time being stable.  El Salvador too.

I love Flor De Cana, my brother has been going to Nicaragua for about 20 years on humanitarian missions, actually just got back, and he always brings me a bottle or two. 

They had suspended going there for the past 8-10 months but recently started back. He told me if you didn't know there had been problems you really wouldn't know, but many of the locals are anxious over what the future holds. 

38 minutes ago, ORV said:

I think this is great. Go-Bucks hasn't even boarded the ship yet and has 17 pages of posts on her 

I felt it would be more interesting and informative to have input from any CC passenger on this cruise since each will have different experiences. I will definitely be posting once I get onboard. Connie will be doing a blog of her experiences. Just 6 more days till we board!  🤩

15 hours ago, bob brown said:

The beginning of the “Round the World Mural”.😎

That’s Trish and Chris.  Chris is the creator of the project...

Bob,

Can you explain more about what this mural is? How are passengers doing it? I've read that passengers on past world cruises made quilts which they auctioned off to raise money for the crew (great idea)...so, is this in any way similar?  Just curious.

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Bob,

Can you explain more about what this mural is? How are passengers doing it? I've read that passengers on past world cruises made quilts which they auctioned off to raise money for the crew (great idea)...so, is this in any way similar?  Just curious.

Sure thing, Lisa...it’s essentially the same thing, except that this time, we are making a collage from photos or things we find on our cruise that will be layered and pasted on the panels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2019 at 4:41 PM, BigNance said:

what he said.........

but it is fun!!

On 1/11/2019 at 10:58 AM, LHT28 said:

I  am time zone challenged  but I was thinking it would be 9:30 am :classic_huh:

checked with DH you are correct 😉

35 minutes ago, ilsun said:

We got on Insignia the day of this failed inspection. “Oh dear” is right! We had a lovely the days to Cuba — totally unaware of the galley problems. Everyone pitch in and scrub, please! See you all in Sydney.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Skmar said:

Hoping that Oceania advises all those sailing with her in the next 6 months on the measures taken to fix this extremely poor USPH inspection rating. Simply put “ not good enough” .

Not what we expect from Oceania.   Hope they put out  public statement about what they are doing to correct this major problem.   Not something they can hide forever.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bob brown said:

Very surprised to hear of this.   I’m confident that they have taken the proper steps to correct that situation.

have you noticed any issues on board?

I suspect it was probably due to the recent refurb  but it should have not been that bad ..very unusual score

Sorry for a quick intrusion, but I was curious if the world cruise goes to Australia and New Zealand, and if so, what months?   Or is it just Regatta that goes there?  I'm afraid I don't have time to read 17 pages to find out the answer, sorry!  

Edited by roothy123