Maybe it is just me .........

deultgen

We have enjoyed all of our cruises and really can’t recall any significant disappointments or complaints that we’ve had about crew members.  We have found them to be courteous, professional, and efficient.  That being said, I have noticed a few threads from posters wondering why some people are curious about who the captain and cruise director might be on the ship.  It seems to bother them that some people care.  We would never base our choice of cruise on whoever might be the captain or cruise director, but both of these positions play a big role in setting the tone on the ship and, like Tracie, we have experienced cruises where it made a difference.  

So, for people who don’t care about these things..fine.  That’s how you roll and there’s no problem with that.  For those who are curious about crew members, that’s fine too.  There are a number of crew members that we would love to see again on a future cruise.

I agree with the OP in that I really do not care who the captain or CD or ... happens to be.  I just hope they do their jobs and make it a great cruise.  I have found the cabin steward to be friendly for the most part but they are very busy people and I do not expect them to stop and chat for awhile.  I just hope they keep the cabin clean, pick up the laundry and return it.  Looking forward to our next cruise. 

It's not just you.... I always wonder when I'm reading these boards.   

I don't understand why people are concerned who the Capt. or CD is beforehand,  or what movies are being shown on MUTS, or if a certain menu item is still available in the MDR......it goes on. 

I just take it as it comes,  none of those things are going to destroy my vacation.  They are things that I have NO Control over in any way....so....... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are only two ship employees I will remember for the rest of my life. Dr. Anna and Nurse Anne from the Island Princess. I developed pneumonia while cruising the Mediterranean. They took care of me until I was taken away by ambulance in Ephesus, Turkey. They were exceptional. You want to have good medical care when you need it! They were true professionals. Ever wonder what happens when someone is medically evacuated from a ship mid-cruise? I have personal knowledge. I still cruise because I love cruising, being on the water moving from destination to destination. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

It's not just you.... I always wonder when I'm reading these boards.   

I don't understand why people are concerned who the Capt. or CD is beforehand,  or what movies are being shown on MUTS, or if a certain menu item is still available in the MDR......it goes on. 

I just take it as it comes,  none of those things are going to destroy my vacation.  They are things that I have NO Control over in any way....so....... 

We like to know what's on MUTS so we don't watch the movie before our cruise.     Lots of people like to know if there are still certain menu item available  because it's their favorite and they look forward to it.   It's the little things in life ...

12 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

I don't understand why people are concerned if a certain menu item is still available in the MDR......it goes on. 

IF Regal Princess no longer offers double baked goat cheese souffle, it will totally ruin my cruise. Maybe, I won't even cruise with Princess anymore! 

• Haha 3

In my years on Cruise Critic I have noticed a trend in some reviews and some posts. If one or two things go wrong, however minor, suddenly everything is wrong with the cruise. One entree not to one's liking evolves to all food is bad followed then they encounter some wine spilled on a carpet 20 minutes prior that has not been cleaned yet evolves to the carpets were stained and dirty. I could go on and on but you get the idea. I also read reviews from those who were on the same cruise as I and they made it sound like they were on the cruise to and from hell. I can honestly say that we have enjoyed each and every cruise we have been on. Does that mean that there weren't the occasional problem/glitch? Of course not! But not enough to ruin the rest of the cruise.

• Like 3

Would you cancel a cruise because you learned that a specific Princess employee was going to occupy a position aboard that ship on that cruise?

If not, then you can quickly learn who has what position based upon emails you will receive from Princess before the cruise or by checking the list of officers with their photos which is usually on the starboard side of the Promenade deck near the midships elevators.

8 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

Yes but my posts usually consist of more the 3 or 4 words saying the same thing that 20 others have already stated prior. 😉

As my grandkids might say, True That. Your posts always have something constructive to offer. I can't remember seeing one of yours that falls within The Department of Redundancy Department. 

Certainly cannot say that for some of the "mega-posters", now can we?

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We like to know what's on MUTS so we don't watch the movie before our cruise.     Lots of people like to know if there are still certain menu item available  because it's their favorite and they look forward to it.   It's the little things in life ...

Same thing for me.

I try not to watch the popular movies since I know Princess will have them for sure & concentrate on the less popular flicks. 

Of course many people couldn't card less about movies but I'd rather have something new to watch on my tablet especially sitting there just before a performance in the show lounge.

• Like 1