Refrigerators

Mysticalbama

There was a fridge in our interior and aft balcony cabins on Liberty, and our aft balcony on Sunshine.  All sailings since Dec 2017.

I believe that they are generally being installed for all cabins in all ships after drydocks, but I may be incorrect in that sweeping statement.

If you check the amenities for a particular cabin on a particular ship on the Carnival website deckplans, it usually says (accurately) whether a fridge is in the cabin.

It really depends on which ships you have sailed and which class of cabin you have had.  If you have only been on Fantasy class ships in an interior or OV, then it is likely that you have never had a refrigerator.  If you have sailed in other classes or in other cabin types, then it is likely that you just missed them.  They are within the cabinets.  If you didn't open the doors and didn't know that they were there, you wouldn't realize it.

• Like 2

Since I stopped sailing the old Fantasy class ships 12 yrs ago, and have only sailed Carnival's Conquest, Dream and Vista class ships since, yes, every cabin I've been in has a "cooler".

I won't say refrigerator, since they don't get very cold.  They can cool off bottled water, the trick is to leave the cabinet door open a bit so the heat taken from inside the cooler can escape.

I wouldn't trust the cooler to keep any "doggy bag" food safe

• Like 1

We have had fridges on most of our Carnival cruises and not just in suites, except on Fantasy class ships (we have had them on the Paradise in all cabins since dry dock last year). We have found them to keep things nice and cold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Since their last drydocks, Elation and Paradise have fridges in all cabins.  EM

That is good to know. I didn't think fridges would be a big deal. However, when I'm on vacation for a week, I tend to accumulate things that should be chilled. I especially love a cold can of soda or to bring back my bucket of beer.

Now if only they will put a sports bar, big screen on the lido, and specialty restaurant on the Fantasy classes!

1 hour ago, Llamabear said:

Anyone know if Sunshine has refrigerators? I've sailed Triumph and Sensation and never had one. It'd be nice to not have to bug the steward for ice several times a day for my bottled waters!

Most Cabins on Sunshine do not.

We also accumulate stuff we want to keep cold during a cruise and these days would not cruise without one. If you prop the useless wooden door open it will keep stuff reasomably cool

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Llamabear said:

Anyone know if Sunshine has refrigerators? I've sailed Triumph and Sensation and never had one. It'd be nice to not have to bug the steward for ice several times a day for my bottled waters!

2 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Most Cabins on Sunshine do not.

We also accumulate stuff we want to keep cold during a cruise and these days would not cruise without one. If you prop the useless wooden door open it will keep stuff reasomably cool

We were on Sunshine in Dec in an aft balcony.  There was a fridge.  And no cabinet door, either, IIRC - the fridge door was "naked", which helped keep things cool.

I believe after the dry dock more fridges got installed.

• Like 1

Staterooms (on ships listed below) are equipped with non-stocked mini bar units, which are designed to maintain the temperature of beverages. Please do not use these units to store medications that have specific temperature requirements. Should you need to store medicine, please refer to Medical Services for additional information. 

A small, personal-sized cooler no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" is permitted as a carry-on luggage.

The following ships have non-stocked mini bar units in all staterooms and suites: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride, Carnival Radiance, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

The following ships have non-stocked mini bar units in suites only:  Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Sensation and Carnival Triumph.

The Carnival Sunshine has non-stocked mini bar units in all suites and in staterooms on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The Carnival Sunshine has non-stocked mini bar units in all suites and in staterooms on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12.

We were in a regular (well, aft balcony) cabin on deck 7, and it had a "non-stocked mini bar unit".  This was in December.

So the above info may be a bit outdated, since Sunshine had a dry dock last year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

We were in a regular (well, aft balcony) cabin on deck 7, and it had a "non-stocked mini bar unit".  This was in December.

So the above info may be a bit outdated, since Sunshine had a dry dock last year.

Just cut and pasted today...

• Like 1