Do I need adapeters for Magestic Princess cruise, Auckland, NZ to Sydney, Australia

We will be traveling on land and a cruise ( Magestic Princess) through New Zealand and Australia, looking for guidance in purchasing adapters and or converters that we may need, mostly phones, tablets, laptops but also a curling iron.  The iron has has 120/240 on the iron itself, so I think voltage wise I am ok, but I am curious about the plug itself.  Any info/help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance for your help

25 minutes ago, bowler5864 said:

We will be traveling on land and a cruise ( Magestic Princess) through New Zealand and Australia, looking for guidance in purchasing adapters and or converters that we may need, mostly phones, tablets, laptops but also a curling iron.  The iron has has 120/240 on the iron itself, so I think voltage wise I am ok, but I am curious about the plug itself.  Any info/help would be greatly appreciated!

For most phones, tablets, laptops, the power packs are 110/240v. So there should only be the need for that adaptor for the plug in.

As always, read the labels on the power packs to make sure.

9 hours ago, boeckli said:

These were the sockets on Majestic Princess. There were also a couple of separate USB charging ports.

RX002593.thumb.JPG.8ec084389cba35a1453bd6a396e7298a.JPG

There is also a single Australasian/Chinese mainland power point, angled three pin as in post #4.  The Majestic was fitted out for the Chinese market so has a common Asian / Pacific power point as used here and some Asian countries.

1 hour ago, Iainmac said:

There is also a single Australasian/Chinese mainland power point, angled three pin as in post #4.  The Majestic was fitted out for the Chinese market so has a common Asian / Pacific power point as used here and some Asian countries.

Not that I recall seeing one in my balcony cabin ...

13 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Not that I recall seeing one in my balcony cabin ...

There were two power plates, the one you showed and another containing the 'local' power point.  It was the only one I used as I had to frequently charge my scooter battery.  All cabins would have had the Asian/Pacific power point as well as the American as the ship was built for the Chinese market.

49 minutes ago, Iainmac said:

There were two power plates, the one you showed and another containing the 'local' power point.  It was the only one I used as I had to frequently charge my scooter battery.  All cabins would have had the Asian/Pacific power point as well as the American as the ship was built for the Chinese market.

I stand corrected - checked my photos again and here it is (the earlier one is at the desk and this one above the refrigerator

RX002596.thumb.JPG.46f048a883f0a418c3fc43dbedd5236e.JPG

On 1/18/2019 at 8:06 AM, bowler5864 said:

Are curling irons  allowed? And NO!!! I am not asking for myself Chez!