VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

8 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

Would you mind taking a peak at the tvs?  Was wondering if we can bring our laptop and play movies off it.  I found the selection of movies on our last cruise - highly lacking compared to a few years ago.  They give you a handful of movies.  When we are on a 9 or 10 night we generally like to relax a little in the stateroom in the evenings and not party every night - not that we party, lol.

I think someone talked about that last time I was on. Hopefully they will chime in! I'll look at the movies available and see if it has improved since last time. 🙂

17 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I think we will call that speaker 'The Presto Speaker' forever now ------ unless, it falls off into the sea and is lost forever ……….. now that would just be terrible ……..

Seriously, happy sailaway

I am so sorry that I didn't make it to the Presto speaker last night. I will explain in my morning update. I will make it there tonight - this is a top priority for me!! We have a plan for taking it out, if needed...😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Yeah   On board. 

different Denisa than what I pictured. In your earlier posts I thought you meant the Denisa from the Retreat!  I guess it’s a common name in Europe. 

Yes, Denisa, the butler and Denise (pronounced the same), the concierge. Both lovely people who I spent quality time with yesterday! 🙂

14 hours ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Remember the old muster drill stations in the 1990’s and early 2000’s, when, rain, sun, hot, cold, wind, young and old had to wait in lines forever? And you wanted to kill the people who came late and prolonged the wait. On one ship it had to be 100 degrees on the promenade deck. Glad those days are over. Now, a cushy seat in A/C with a cute movie. 👍

Yes, I've seen that movie 4 times in 6 weeks - it is painless compared to the old days of wearing your Mae West in the heat and waiting for the stragglers. 🙂

16 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I called yesterday and the answer I received was that they need to be “requested” by your TA or once onboard,, exactly what I was told before.  No plans yet to make changes to the S1 suite or aft furniture, but they are “aware” of this issue...

it will be interesting to hear what you are told first-hand about this concern....may the power be with you!!!  Absolutely no pressure, because you need to persue your agenda and have fun....(no sarcasm either.)

I think you will be fine. 11268 had a lounger already (must be they heard about our vocal club). Our friends in port corner aft 7 asked and it was delivered quickly. We asked and had one right away. It appears that they may have ordered these for this purpose because I haven't see this type on the ship (yet anyway). Our balcony looks so much better. Now for a table.... Having the coffee table will be nice. I should have time to talk with Joao today - he was just coming up to us yesterday to chat when we had to run to meet someone. The M and S Class are getting a Revolution and I think Edge will be an Evolution!! 🙂

image.thumb.png.9ba7e47c7430e492f67325a20d257fdb.png

14 hours ago, MACruisers said:

VT, 

If you get a chance, could you find out where muster station D2 is?  It is a minor thing,  so please don't spend a lot of your vacation looking for it. I'll find out soon enough other wise.  Enjoy your cruise. I enjoy following your adventures. 

You probably saw that D2 was on 5 between FCSH and Eden (maybe in the area called Journey to Eden - probably not the Magic Forrest, but the area past it). 🙂

14 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Hi Marilyn,

I hope you have a great cruise.  We certainly enjoyed ours.  Sorry we are missing you by a week.  I like the ship even more than before; and some of the things I didn't care for,  I liked much better.  Perhaps the premium drink package helped. :classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Hi Marilyn,

I hope you have a great cruise.  We certainly enjoyed ours.  Sorry we are missing you by a week.  I like the ship even more than before; and some of the things I didn't care for,  I liked much better.  Perhaps the premium drink package helped. :classic_biggrin:

So happy that you had a good time! We wish you and Carol were here - we enjoyed our short cruise with you!

We had a fantastic day yesterday and are loving the ship even more so far. So happy to have 6 more days to enjoy her. Yes, the premium package can help! 😊

14 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Remember when we were all looking at the Closer to the Edge thread before the ship arrived?

Here is rendering picture for the Sky Suite on the Edge. Veranda chairs look lovely - nothing like what you see now.

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg

Yes, I remember! 😔

8 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope all going well..Looking forward to some updates and new secrets!

And that darn  outdoor speaker!

I am still alive - just went dark last night due to CC going down at the time I could post and having a very busy, but wonderful day! I will do my morning post soon! 😊

7 hours ago, cruiz10525 said:

Just think...it was 14 inches of snow today at Smuggs.

Cant wait for our next Sunday sailing.  Looking forward to your recommendations for guidance on things for us to do.  We are in S1 Starboard equal to where you are at mid ship.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Rich

I am loving this suite even more this time. Hope the prices come down so we can book one again some day. Life is good here....🙂

16 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Our cabin attendant said he would bring a lounger, no problem. Will see if I can speak with Joao tonight about long term. 

I got $75 OBC extra for some reason. I must have a friend out there. 😀

I'm at muster - Club 4 is B2. 

28815ED0-E34F-431E-8B01-11AB2BFCE862.thumb.jpeg.581c8308c985aadcbcfb6348675157fc.jpeg

628FC035-B17E-40DD-83CF-691352600F7C.thumb.jpeg.827d71de1d4f1b3951d1e6ac2f481ff0.jpeg

Does not look like a very nice place..Were the lights off?  Would love to see  other pics..At least there were seats!

7 hours ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

E

beautiful Edge pics. 

A belated Bon Voyage to all. The CC Boards were down and I just got on after midnight after watching the eclipse.

Thanks! I was long gone for the eclipse. We had another amazing dinner at the Fine Cut Steakhouse last night!!!!!!😎

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Does not look like a very nice place..Were the lights off?  Would love to see  other pics..At least there were seats!

I'll try to get more pics. It's an odd place, but it was great for Muster. My DH listened to music there last night and had a great time. We'll be hanging there some this cruise, I suspect. They have archery in there today and I'm planning to go and at least watch. 😊

6 hours ago, cruiz10525 said:

Marilyn,

If you have a chance, can you please check with butler from 10142 and 10150 to see if my 2 cabins can get a lounger on next week’s cruise?  

Does Joao send out email in advance?  Some cruise suite concierges do that.

Have the best journey ever. 

Rich

I will ask Denisa if there will be any problems with getting loungers - I doubt that there will be.

I remember when the Michael's Club concierges used to send emails for requests, but as far as I've heard, it is now a shore concierge for Celebrity Suites and up. Both Retreat concierges have been very responsive to requests so it should all be good! 🙂

Yesterday was so much fun!! Sorry that I didn't post as much as I wanted to, but it was a whirlwind day. The weather cleared up beautifully for sailaway and looks nice today in Key West (only will be mid-60's but in VT it is minus 8 and feels like minus 25-35!).

I will continue where I left off yesterday. After having a drink at the Retreat, we headed back to the cabin to unpack. It felt good to really unpack - we didn't unpack all the way for the short cruises. There was plenty of space. I took the drawers in the cupboard and Henry took the massive dresser in the living area. There was plenty of closet space. All of our bathroom stuff fit easily into the 3 huge drawers under the sink.

Muster was then called and we went the Club Deck 4. It was a comfy place to have Muster. We found a quiet corner near the stairs so Henry could run up to get us seats at the RTG for sailaway. I got into the elevator from you know what - did the old trick of going down so I had a spot when it came back up. I wasn't alone - quite a few of us jumped on and rode all the way to 2 and then up, stopping almost at every deck. We were packed like sardines and I'm claustrophobic, but we actually had a lot of fun for that 10 minutes (you get to know people well when your face is stuck in their back). We stopped at one floor and a woman said "move back" - someone in the elevator said that we couldn't move and she said "come on!" I pushed the close button and up we went, with the people in the way back needing to get off first, of course. We ended up laughing and having a fun ride, but I was happy to get off.

The football game was playing at RTG and I didn't see my DH or anyone from our group so went to the Sunset Bar port side and found he had secured a nice piece of property with couches, chairs and a table. I went back and forth to RTG and found the two Barbaras! (beachbunny and Barbara #2) and brought them back to our enclave. One of our friends joined us and then Katie (Oville) came along so we had a nice group and a fun sailaway. Sorry, if we missed anyone else - we will catch up at the cabin crawl, I'm sure.

After sailaway, we cleaned up for dinner and headed to the Grand Plaza for some wonderful music with Michael Reddon. We got great seats behind Michael and I sipped on drinks in a lovely mellow atmosphere. Our friends joined us and we actually may have had a better time than in Ensemble Lounge because it is lighter, with more comfortable seating, and most can see the entertainer (instead of having a lot of seats on the other side of the bar in Ensemble). Service was fast and friendly.  We were quite surprised that we liked it so much. I hope we can continue to get good seats there before dinner drinks.

image.thumb.png.1f73640c60ae548ddd07bb556a782893.png

We had a reservation at FCSH and when we walked in, ZaZa, our waiter from the last time saw us and forced them to put us in his section. We had so much fun!!!! He is a comedian with a dry sense of humor and made dinner the highlight of the day. The food was even better than last time. I had the scallops again and they were cooked to perfection and the bone in filet mignon was the best. We all had it and I think it was the first time I've heard our friends actually rave about a steak on a ship (they are from Texas and say that they know steak). Maike, from RTG came along and joined in (he was my buddy who got a kick out of my ordering the Steakhouse Margarita in RTG - it has A1 sauce in it - yuck!).  He and Za Za have been on X ships for a long time together and we had a double comedy routine after he came along.

Scallops (there were 4, but I ate one before I remembered to take a picture):

image.thumb.png.df74ef8089082aee38c4b2e413c32596.png

Bone-in Filet with Bearnaise

image.thumb.png.51395ad2db3cafbb01c319ab9663944a.png

ZaZa:

image.thumb.png.88c806f4e33db99b1c2722887ba536a5.png

Maike:

image.thumb.png.e0feefc690f65ffb7f26ff6ee9e8fdfc.png

ZaZa asked if we wanted to do lunch there on Saturday and I think we said "of course",  and if I remember correctly, he signed us up. It's not in my app yet, so maybe not! 😉 By that time, the wine had been flowing freely - we got our money's worth out of the pkg yesterday!!

We then went to the theater to see the comedian Mark Eddie. Wow, a great show - he's a musician and comedian. The theater was packed, though we were up front at the tables and seats on the sides. The wine, rich food and lack of sleep caught up with me and I headed back to the cabin after a half hour to sleep. He's doing late night comedy tonight so we are looking forward to that! 

image.thumb.png.bcfd5e26876aed3697873eeef6810bed.png

Henry watched the rest of the show with our friends and then they went to bed while he went to the Club. The band playing there with a lady singing (I'm not sure if it was the Edge Orchestra or what - he wasn't sure), but he was totally impressed with the quality of the music. He thinks the acoustics there are the best on the ship. He came back a happy camper - good food, good drink, good friends, a fun comedian and fantastic music - we are liking life on the Edge so far!! 🙂

I'm planning to stay onboard today and enjoy the ship while it's quiet. I will try to get questions answered - I've got two pages worth to answer.😉

Edited by vtcruising

Wow.. seems things on the ship have turned very positive quickly in many aspects. Good to hear that X has responded so well!

We are in packing mode. Do you know what water is included in Classic?  I have some fiji  spring water and sprite zero to bring with me,..but do not want to weigh us down if not needed.

Looking forward to your daily morning  post!  ENJOY!

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wow.. seems things on the ship have turned very positive quickly in many aspects. Good to hear that X has responded so well!

We are in packing mode. Do you know what water is included in Classic?  I have some fiji  spring water and sprite zero to bring with me,..but do not want to weigh us down if not needed.

Looking forward to your daily morning  post!  ENJOY!

The Classic H20 is the water in aluminum cans, I believe. I actually prefer it - I don't taste any metal taste and it is light to carry around.

More later....😊

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

After sailaway, we cleaned up for dinner and headed to the Grand Plaza for some wonderful music with Michael Reddon. We got great seats behind Michael and I sipped on drinks in a lovely mellow atmosphere. Our friends joined us and we actually may have had a better time than in Ensemble Lounge because it is lighter, with more comfortable seating, and most can see the entertainer (instead of having a lot of seats on the other side of the bar in Ensemble). Service was fast and friendly.  We were quite surprised that we liked it so much. I hope we can continue to get good seats there before dinner drinks.

I was also surprised at how much I enjoyed the Martini Bar as opposed to the Rendezvous.  It is a nice place to hang out.

• Thanks 1

From your pics of the Martini Bar area, it looks like they have made some changes since the Dec9 cruise.  It is much more open where the guitarist is as they took tables /chairs away. The area with the wooden floor was a lot more crowded with seating.  

And I'm happy that they must some entertainment in there pre-dinner. Let us know if someone plays the piano.

Edited by ecslady

38 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

we are liking life on the Edge so far!! 🙂

Marilyn, this is wonderful news! How's the volume of the music in the Martini Bar? Are you able to have a conversation with your DH & friends without shouting? Looking forward to the next installment, but please, fun first, review second😂 Cheers! - Michelle

6 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Marilyn, this is wonderful news! How's the volume of the music in the Martini Bar? Are you able to have a conversation with your DH & friends without shouting? Looking forward to the next installment, but please, fun first, review second😂 Cheers! - Michelle

We were there 5:30-6:30 and it was very easy to converse - very mellow and relaxing. We ate at FCSH and it wasn't loud at all (we left at about 8:45). I can't vouch for later in the evening. Will have to go back every night to find out - I'm willing to take a hit fro the team! 😉

• Haha 1