VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

.  Our waitress was Angela – she looks like a very young Ingrid Bergman – and she is terrific.  

Could you please check to see if Angela was on the Summit a year ago?  She was terrific there in Luminae and said she was going to Edge.  I sure hope so, and would look forward to seeing her next week.

Rich

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Okay, CC was down again just when I could post - off to the Reckless Charms soon, but will throw out a few things....

2) Rich - my butler will try to make sure that you have loungers on 10142 and 10150 when you arrive on Sunday. 🙂

More later..

You are INCREDIBLE, thanks.

ive also had CC issues today. 

Rich

Why did they change chic nights?

We have our  specialty dining  booked for next week( Eastern) , and figured  night 2 , the sea day would be chic night.. also birthday night!  

Hope Rooftop Grill will not be too windy for our port night in San Juan...At least no rain is predicted at this point.

Hope you are enjoying every minute!

VT...thank you so much for your reviews, fair balanced insight and great sense of humor.  We will be doing a B2B starting on Feb 17 and will be one of the many future cruisers in 11268.  Hope we are correct that a lounger has already been put on that veranda.  I will not order one of the blow up footrests if that is the case.  It appears Celebrity is assessing many of the concerns and we are 

looking forward to our 14 days on the Edge.  Have you felt that the wine selections in the various restaurants and  Luminea has been good?  We do enjoy our wine and have a premium bev package and have not seen much mentioned about options both in the bars are restaurants. Enjoy your cruise and we will continue to enjoy your cruise commentary with great interest.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Why did they change chic nights?

We have our  specialty dining  booked for next week( Eastern) , and figured  night 2 , the sea day would be chic night.. also birthday night!  

Hope Rooftop Grill will not be too windy for our port night in San Juan...At least no rain is predicted at this point.

Hope you are enjoying every minute!

Hello:

For the Western Carib, Day 2 was a port day (Key West) and Day 3 a Sea Day. They changed it because of that, according to Denisa. I'm not sure of the Eastern Carib schedule.

We are having fun - a bit too much fun tonight! 😉

29 minutes ago, vineyard66 said:

VT...thank you so much for your reviews, fair balanced insight and great sense of humor.  We will be doing a B2B starting on Feb 17 and will be one of the many future cruisers in 11268.  Hope we are correct that a lounger has already been put on that veranda.  I will not order one of the blow up footrests if that is the case.  It appears Celebrity is assessing many of the concerns and we are 

looking forward to our 14 days on the Edge.  Have you felt that the wine selections in the various restaurants and  Luminea has been good?  We do enjoy our wine and have a premium bev package and have not seen much mentioned about options both in the bars are restaurants. Enjoy your cruise and we will continue to enjoy your cruise commentary with great interest.

We are currently in 11268 and the lounger is here as it was requested by the previous occupants.  Yesterday the butler took away the tray/tabletop of the veranda table since it was in really bad shape but now we are left with a much smaller table.  Another follow up tomorrow as today’s did not result in a new top.  You’ll be glad to know we had a very noisy bathroom door repaired today.  The nice guy who fixed it said “wow, that sounds like a big cow”.

The cabin itself is very nice, love the aft location and the large veranda.  

Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vineyard66 said:

Thanks for the kind words. Interesting that you would mention wine! What a day for us! We went to Le Grand Bistro for lunch and the sommelier offered to give us Veuve Clicquot by the glass at $5 above our package. The bubbles were spectacular and we enjoyed our lunch there very much!

image.thumb.png.3a923d8d7bbf0e2e756662bf878f297f.png

For dinner we did Le Petit Chef (and booked this with friends many months ago and then had done it on a Press and Trade cruise a few weeks ago). We decided to do it again with our friends. The sommelier gave us Camus cab at $10/glass above our package to have with dinner! It was very yummy!  Dinner was quite good - the truffle ravioli that was my favorite was the big hit for all of us. That is amazing stuff.

image.thumb.png.87735815ead8cc7e700a996f853c58e5.png

Here are the wine package wine selections for Luminae (they have many other wines):

image.thumb.png.84951f0a2b268a4b2e95f7907be6339f.png

image.thumb.png.27ea48997702ee50a7eb2c5d651938a3.png

image.thumb.png.d99e6863a56b3849acea5738d94543e0.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oville said:

We are currently in 11268 and the lounger is here as it was requested by the previous occupants.  Yesterday the butler took away the tray/tabletop of the veranda table since it was in really bad shape but now we are left with a much smaller table.  Another follow up tomorrow as today’s did not result in a new top.  You’ll be glad to know we had a very noisy bathroom door repaired today.  The nice guy who fixed it said “wow, that sounds like a big cow”.

Katie

Katie:

Our butler told us she would get us a table and leave it in our suite all week if we plan to have room service. She said unfortunately they don't have enough for everyone, but they do have some. I didn't take one since we have so many other places to try this week. 

With our lounger and the rocker, we are happy!  Love this suite! 🙂

We are trying to decide on a booking or two for tomorrow ... See you at the cabin crawl - this could be very interesting! 😉

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Katie:

Our butler told us she would get us a table and leave it in our suite all week if we plan to have room service. She said unfortunately they don't have enough for everyone, but they do have some. I didn't take one since we have so many other places to try this week. 

With our lounger and the rocker, we are happy!  Love this suite! 🙂

We are trying to decide on a booking or two for tomorrow ... See you at the cabin crawl - this could be very interesting! 😉

Marilyn, we’re missing the top to the original table and not asking for a bigger table.  Right know we just have the stand that the tray top sits on.

Edited by Oville

Okay, Presto, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that the Presto speaker is still there, but the good news is that it is much quieter than it was in November. I think they must have toned it way down. I would imagine that you can't hear much up on deck 8. Here is the speaker (upper left -it's white) and the IVs above it:  🙂

image.thumb.png.1487c74b77390535cfd2a36674f9bd71.png

image.thumb.png.16f1ff42c40c462df214249c0c3a4403.png

14 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Omg, Marilyn... this picture gives me some hope that there may be more changes to the  verandah furniture! Note the Celebrity “X” on the lounger! And it's in Kelly Hoppen grey, lol. Now all they need to do is get a couple of chairs made in the same style, and a table, and all would be good! 😉

Good point that it is grey - it does go very well. Sounds like there is a lot of talk about this onboard and on up.

While walking around Key West this afternoon we saw two rattan loungers out at the curb that weren't in really terrible condition.  One even had wheels, and I thought seriously about dragging it back to the Edge to make a point that loungers are needed and expected.  It was dark brown, so it would really violate Kelly Hoppen's colo(u)r scheme – maybe that would get their attention!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Silkroad said:

You're the best😊 I'm encouraged by the fact that you're able to obtain cocktails when you want them. Perhaps I'll reconsider that Beverage Package😉 I'm looking forward to your assessment of the live music. I need to make our final payment later this week, so I'm quite happy to see that Celebrity has made improvements in some areas.

Well, I have to say Grand Plaza was less mellow for part of the evening. The Reckless Charms played a set , which was great, but people were talking a lot. We were short some seats for everyone who wanted to be there (around 5:45-6:15). Service was still good - I must have been asked 4 times in 10 minutes if I needed a drink. In between sets of live music they did play annoying canned music that was moderate in loudness. We could have left to see good live music in the Club or RTG so didn't need to stay there, but it was close to our dinner reservation time so stayed. We did like the Martini Bar light and bartender show, which was loud, but lots of fun (about 6 minutes long). Later the duo and then the Reckless Charms were back for another great set so lots of good music there, but I think the Grand Plaza mellowness will depend upon the night. At least there are more choices now. 🙂 Will keep reporting back...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

VT,  can you comment on the shower curtain and show the tub. Was this installed to prevent water running out of the tub ledge as you described in earlier posts last December. Does it help?

Also, can you show a wide view of the balcony with the furniture chaise. You said there was plenty of room on the balcony. Could 2 loungers fit  🤪

image.thumb.png.607693a1da7c1debd7459f7f2ee12219.png

Denisa said she could take the two chairs in and put another lounger out there if we wanted.

They cemented down the soap dish - maybe that diverts the water and then the curtain helps the accidental spraying outward. It works well and we love the shower.

image.thumb.png.33cd7bde4721bcd7aaa9eb2d30cea5af.png

Denisa will check on the CS shower and whether a curtain was added and about the balcony furniture for the CS and RS. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

6 hours ago, Oville said:

Katie

How come the tabletop/tray was in such bad shape after just a few weeks? Sounds like the aft is the best place to be 😉.

Silly question (and it could be because I haven't been on a cruise in a while too...) is there a place to refill a water bottle at the Buffet? I've gotten in the habit of carrying one with me everywhere, and it'd be a lot easier to do that than get cans of water. 

Thanks again for the review. I'm particularly enjoying seeing the changes that happened over the last few months, they're definitely listening to feedback and adjusting where possible!

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

hcat, our friends have an S1 on 7 and they say that they can't see or hear Eden and their balcony is very private. They love it there! They are about 3 cabins over from where you will be, I believe. 🙂

Glad to hear that ..thank you for all your reports back.. hope you have a  happy cruise!

Marilyn, CC has been down quite a bit for the past couple days, so I’m catching up on your posts. Hopefully, they’ve got it sorted. Your Presto speaker comment made my day. I imagined you & DH in evening chic, cocktails, a full moon, and a small toolkit in your evening bag😉 Thanks so much for the music/bar service updates. It’s a pity those ridiculously inadequate tables are already damaged. Too bad the designers didn’t run the designs & fabrics past the Edgies before purchasing them! Caymus cabernet is one of my favorites. I want your waiter😁 I’m looking forward to your cabin crawl post. Cheers, - Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad

VT - I’m enjoying your review and glad to hear you all are having a great time. If you have time can you let me know if you see one of the S3 cabins on the crawl today (I think 10162 is showing their cabin, same cabin we have book in March). 

I’m interested in knowing how different it is from your skysuite. I know the bed is not facing the ocean 🙁 and the MC railing takes up space on the balcony. I’m considering changing to S2 or S1 if I can do so for a small fee (so far Celebrity wants us to pay the going rate which I don’t want to do). I’m interested in seeing what you think about the difference in the rooms. 

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the cruise. 

I thought I would pass this on... I had a friend we met on a past Celebrity cruise... who is on Silhouette... measure the usable space on a basic balcony cabin... in this case C3... to see how it compares to IV cabin (specifically my E3).. It was 8'5" x 6'6"..... or 53 sq ft... vs our cabin.... 7'4" x 4'6" or 33 sq ft. So those verandas are 60% larger... key reason for no loungers and tiny tables. Note they are advertised as 54 sq ft... vs Edge... some places 42 and others 40. With that in mind... not the decorators fault for furniture choices... I wonder how a Sky suite veranda compares to a C3 veranda....  

VT is the Club a good place to listen to live mello music before dinner? I keep thinking of it as a disco type place.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Okay, CC was down again just when I could post - off to the Reckless Charms soon, but will throw out a few things....

1) Deeva - I gave our butler a copy of what you said about Arturo and the returned jewelry, etc. It had your email on it. She will give it to his supervisor so that he gets recognition and maybe someone will email you. She thought it was very sweet of you to try to reach out to Arturo. 🙂

2) Rich - my butler will try to make sure that you have loungers on 10142 and 10150 when you arrive on Sunday. 🙂

3) 11215 is connected by a door, not an alcove.

More later..

Thank you.  Enjoy your cruise!!!

• Thanks 1