VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think you will be fine. 11268 had a lounger already (must be they heard about our vocal club). Our friends in port corner aft 7 asked and it was delivered quickly. We asked and had one right away. It appears that they may have ordered these for this purpose because I haven't see this type on the ship (yet anyway). Our balcony looks so much better. Now for a table.... Having the coffee table will be nice. I should have time to talk with Joao today - he was just coming up to us yesterday to chat when we had to run to meet someone. The M and S Class are getting a Revolution and I think Edge will be an Evolution!! 🙂

image.thumb.png.9ba7e47c7430e492f67325a20d257fdb.png

Omg, Marilyn... this picture gives me some hope that there may be more changes to the  verandah furniture! Note the Celebrity “X” on the lounger! And it's in Kelly Hoppen grey, lol. Now all they need to do is get a couple of chairs made in the same style, and a table, and all would be good! 😉

55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We were there 5:30-6:30 and it was very easy to converse - very mellow and relaxing. We ate at FCSH and it wasn't loud at all (we left at about 8:45). I can't vouch for later in the evening. Will have to go back every night to find out - I'm willing to take a hit fro the team! 😉

You're the best😊 I'm encouraged by the fact that you're able to obtain cocktails when you want them. Perhaps I'll reconsider that Beverage Package😉 I'm looking forward to your assessment of the live music. I need to make our final payment later this week, so I'm quite happy to see that Celebrity has made improvements in some areas.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Wow.. seems things on the ship have turned very positive quickly in many aspects. Good to hear that X has responded so well!

We are in packing mode. 

I’m glad these changes are sounding positive. Looking forward to see you venture into Eden :classic_ninja:. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

VT,  can you comment on the shower curtain and show the tub. Was this installed to prevent water running out of the tub ledge as you described in earlier posts last December. Does it help?

Also, can you show a wide view of the balcony with the furniture chaise. You said there was plenty of room on the balcony. Could 2 loungers fit  🤪

4 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

VT,  can you comment on the shower curtain and show the tub. Was this installed to prevent water running out of the tub ledge as you described in earlier posts last December. Does it help?

Also, can you show a wide view of the balcony with the furniture chaise. You said there was plenty of room on the balcony. Could 2 loungers fit  🤪

I'll get a picture after they clean the tub, but we didn't have any leaking. I didn't watch the water trail this time, but anyway, no water on the floor.

You could put 2 loungers out there, but would need to remove the chairs. I'll get a better picture later.🙂

image.thumb.png.2cb93f7034f68c42587a616ff1b9b8ef.png

I'm so sorry to ask this here but there is no way to "private message" you.  We are leaving April 7th on the Edge and are staying at the Hilton Marina.  Do you remember what room you were in?  We booked the tower Marina WV King Suite.  Thank you so much!  We are in cabin 11198 and I'm loving your review!  Wanda

46 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

You're the best😊 I'm encouraged by the fact that you're able to obtain cocktails when you want them. Perhaps I'll reconsider that Beverage Package😉 I'm looking forward to your assessment of the live music. I need to make our final payment later this week, so I'm quite happy to see that Celebrity has made improvements in some areas.

We make final payment this week too, and are happy to see things moving in the right direction! Looking forward to being back on board with 15 days to enjoy. 😎

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Texed, I took a hit for the team and visited the waffle station:

image.thumb.png.5eb7da39834b2e4b14a4d2c4a285e707.png

Yummy!

image.thumb.png.3f29921dfa9815751406fb3dc573d892.png

This is my favorite:

The Mexican Eggs Benedict

image.thumb.png.23f7cb304eed6e861140855b80698811.png

Off to explore the ship!!

One of my favorite things to do... is get english muffin... put on cream cheese, onion and capers... go over the poached egg guy and have him put salmon poached egg and hollandaise sauce. The Cheese Cake Factory used to offer this... my favorite eggs... Benedict??  Will have to try the one you show

15 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We make final payment this week too, and are happy to see things moving in the right direction! Looking forward to being back on board with 15 days to enjoy. 😎

I'll be right there with you, sporting my lovely"I'm Cruising on the Edge" T-shirt😎🍹 Looking forward to meeting you! 

Edited by Silkroad

5 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I'll be right there with you, sporting my lovely"I'm Cruising on the Edge" T-shirt😎🍹 Looking forward to meeting you! 

Look forward to meeting you too.

We shall raise our glasses to Marilyn at sail away. 🥂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I'll get a picture after they clean the tub, but we didn't have any leaking. I didn't watch the water trail this time, but anyway, no water on the floor.

You could put 2 loungers out there, but would need to remove the chairs. I'll get a better picture later.🙂

image.thumb.png.2cb93f7034f68c42587a616ff1b9b8ef.png

Thank you, 

PS, as if you have nothing else to do, do any of the butlers or the retreat concierge know what changes have been made to the CS shower ( same curtain) and the the CS and R S balconies. TY

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

All of our bathroom stuff fit easily into the 3 huge drawers under the sink.

Thanks for this tip – we hadn't even noticed the drawers!  Almost all our stuff had fit on the shelves on the sides of the sink and at the make-up counter, but it was good to have the extra space for our kit bags.  [We also discovered that the center drawer is where the extra TP and tissues are kept.]

But another design fail:  no dispenser in the toilet cubicle for plastic bags for unflushable items.  We even had to ask the cabin attendant for a supply of the bags – I predict massive plumbing clogs if they make it this hard to comply :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Good news! I asked for a Caesar salad yesterday in Luminae and had it very quickly so it didn't come from the MDRs - it was no problem. I'll ask today about other everyday items.

DW was able to get a mixed greens salad at Luminae last night with no problems.  Our waitress was Angela – she looks like a very young Ingrid Bergman – and she is terrific.  The sommelier (another young woman) was also very knowledgeable – suggested the Pinot Noir to go with my duck, and it was a very good pairing – and once she had poured the first glass I was constantly being refilled by her or Angela.  None of the deserts appealed to me, but I noticed that one of them came with Vanilla Gelato so I asked for two scoops – again, no problem!

I also got the printed Luminae menus – and this week's order – from our Butler.  We will have nos. 1-7 with one change:  1 [last night] - 3 [tonight] - 2 [tomorrow] - then in order: 4 - 5 - 6 - 7

54 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

DW was able to get a mixed greens salad at Luminae last night with no problems.  Our waitress was Angela – she looks like a very young Ingrid Bergman – and she is terrific.  The sommelier (another young woman) was also very knowledgeable – suggested the Pinot Noir to go with my duck, and it was a very good pairing – and once she had poured the first glass I was constantly being refilled by her or Angela.  None of the deserts appealed to me, but I noticed that one of them came with Vanilla Gelato so I asked for two scoops – again, no problem!

I also got the printed Luminae menus – and this week's order – from our Butler.  We will have nos. 1-7 with one change:  1 [last night] - 3 [tonight] - 2 [tomorrow] - then in order: 4 - 5 - 6 - 7

Sounds great! We are Le Petit Chef tonight - we had lunch there (Le Grand Bistro) and the sommelier said he would break out some Camus Cab tonight at LPC to sell by the glass for $10 extra/glass above the package. 😊

They changed Chic night from Mon to Tues night so hence the change in menus.

See you tomorrow at the cabin crawl! Hope the S3 is working well for you!🙂

Okay, CC was down again just when I could post - off to the Reckless Charms soon, but will throw out a few things....

1) Deeva - I gave our butler a copy of what you said about Arturo and the returned jewelry, etc. It had your email on it. She will give it to his supervisor so that he gets recognition and maybe someone will email you. She thought it was very sweet of you to try to reach out to Arturo. 🙂

2) Rich - my butler will try to make sure that you have loungers on 10142 and 10150 when you arrive on Sunday. 🙂

3) 11215 is connected by a door, not an alcove.

More later..

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

They changed Chic night from Mon to Tues night so hence the change in menus.

Hope they do that on March 24th cruise as well.  After comments about Chic night in Luminae being 2nd and 5th night, I was concerned because those are the nights I booked Eden and FCSH.  Changing them now would mean getting less desirable times.

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Hope they do that on March 24th cruise as well.  After comments about Chic night in Luminae being 2nd and 5th night, I was concerned because those are the nights I booked Eden and FCSH.  Changing them now would mean getting less desirable times.

This is for Western Carib, not sure about Eastern.