VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

BON VOYAGE TO VT CRUISER, OVILLE, ALL THE EDGIES,  AND THOSE ON OUR 1/27 ROLL CALL  WHO ARE DOING  A BACK TO BACK!  (see you next week)

Save  some sun and fun for us!

Hcat and sal

• Like 3

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

🙂

A lovely day, but we are now ready for some Edge!!

Our friends want to drive us to the port in the morning. Does anyone know of any reason why they can't drop us off?  Thanks for any advice. 🙂

That should be just fine... with the ID for everyone.

Have fun and I Am eager to read more of your fun!

Thanks a bunch...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

BON VOYAGE TO VT CRUISER, OVILLE, ALL THE EDGIES,  AND THOSE ON OUR 1/27 ROLL CALL  WHO ARE DOING  A BACK TO BACK!  (see you next week)

Hcat and sal

Thanks!! Will try to save some food, drink and fun for you guys!!😊

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Marilyn, our go to holel used to be the Sheraton now the B Ocean.  We’ve had many pre-cruise dinners at the Shipwreck Bar over the years.  See you later.

Yes, an interesting bar!! 😉  See you soon!! Unfortunately, those getting off may not be going anywhere right away, if not from FL. We heard in the elevator that the planes are sitting on the runway at the airport, all backed up. 😔

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

After 30 years of living in S Florida,, I’ve never been to the mermaid bar. I did not even know about it. It is now on my list of things to do. 😎

Thx, see how much we learn on CC. 

Ps, your photo of the hotel room was very nice. 

You will love the bar! 😉

1 hour ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

After 30 years of living in S Florida,, I’ve never been to the mermaid bar. I did not even know about it. It is now on my list of things to do. 😎

Thx, see how much we learn on CC. 

It's on my list now, too! Who knew it was even still in business?? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

It's on my list now, too! Who knew it was even still in business?? 

A moving scene was shot there in the 1999 film, "Analyze This" starring Billy Crystal and Robert De Niro.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Hcat and sal

Thanks hcat, we are really looking forward to this cruise, just hope the rain ends before we make the our trek from the garage.  Katie

Edited by Oville

31 minutes ago, Oville said:

Thanks hcat, we are really looking forward to this cruise, just hope the rain ends before we make the our trek from the garage.  Katie

Hope it clears..we will pack our ponchos.. Seems it should clear by sailaway  BON VOYAGE!

Edited by hcat

VT and Oville, do you know if the outdoor observation area in the spa is open to the public to get that forward view? I love getting pics as we come into and leave port, San Juan has always been a favorite when leaving at night. The lights on the fort and a couple of the public buildings are beautiful. 

VT ... you have seen almost everything on this ship.... you one more chance to visit the brig 🙂  Do me a favor, find out where wheelchairs go in the theater... we arrived late one day and could not find handicap seating... On S class it was along the back..but here you could not see over the first row.. so I assume it is somewhere else.  Our muster station was on the top part of the theater and they sent us to a spot way on the side... appeared to be the only place... only room for one chair there. Thanks

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, I must say it was very interesting - can check it off my bucket list. The mermaids are quite athletic, or as my friend said, very healthy-looking...:classic_blush:

I am going back to Eden and get to know the peeps. I'm making it my mission (after I take care of the Presto speaker).

I think we will call that speaker 'The Presto Speaker' forever now ------ unless, it falls off into the sea and is lost forever ……….. now that would just be terrible ……..

Seriously, happy sailaway

• Haha 2

Yay! Onboard with a yummy margarita in the Retreat Lounge. Came to make some reservations and then out to see the ship again!!

Raining today but in high spirits!! Will stop by tonight!! Friends brought us to the port and there was no issue. It was nice to be hugged good bye - the taxi driver never does that! 😉

Went into Retreat terminal lounge and went through screening quickly and then relaxed and were checked in by wandering iPads. Boarding at 10:57!!

Went to our suite and saw the shower curtain:

32D4017B-DA22-4798-9AEF-879083C5DF70.thumb.jpeg.424c386f33208f67d2b53ea03dd54138.jpeg

Same sad balcony furniture but our Kelly is still there!!!! Yay!

C43BA820-F375-4D7A-B4C3-EB0AB8B70CA3.thumb.jpeg.84ff8dc86d97f90f33a2b13d9ee937c5.jpeg

051ABD83-64B0-4500-9B48-E393BD596C35.thumb.jpeg.8a04b7873c864cdb4a1ae741d5194197.jpeg

And the KH pillows are there!!!!

5803CFBA-9A68-4EAB-A4A6-C47DED948B77.thumb.jpeg.5b560fd1ff01bd89089f4f83871aab04.jpeg

Denisa is the same butler we had before and she said it made her day to see us again! Right! She said she would try to get us a lounger. 

EFDEAC49-F2FD-40F6-8E95-BB06E259BFDE.thumb.jpeg.dbc41982338008fae8007f6ab2ec36ca.jpeg

Went to Retreat Lounge and there now enjoying my first margarita! Yum!!

4E32512D-DE3E-40D6-8ABE-9B9C198A4F0B.thumb.jpeg.9fd325102e75318ad675f5215d556688.jpeg

Talked to Concierge and NO MORE DOTE. The food was getting cold and people complained. Sounds like they decided last night in a meeting, maybe,  what the plan would be.

MC will be on  14 as a bar from 9-11, bar on 14 from 11-14 and on 5 as part of Raw on 5 every night (weather permitting)  - same menu I assume. We did get a reservation for that. 😀

Now they are recommending reservations for Luminae because of the increased number of suites so we made some ressies for that. 

Off to  enjoy the rest of the ship!!!😀🌈❤️💐✌️🎆😎

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

VT and Oville, do you know if the outdoor observation area in the spa is open to the public to get that forward view? I love getting pics as we come into and leave port, San Juan has always been a favorite when leaving at night. The lights on the fort and a couple of the public buildings are beautiful. 

Sorry it isn’t unless you have thermal suit pass or appt in spa. 😞

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry to be thick but what does 'NO MORE DOTE' mean??

I’m glad you asked because I was scratching my head trying to remember what that was!

MC is a bar starting at 9? They serve alcohol that early?

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Yay! Onboard with a yummy margarita in the Retreat Lounge. Came to make some reservations and then out to see the ship again!!

Raining today but in high spirits!! Will stop by tonight!! Friends brought us to the port and there was no issue. It was nice to be hugged good bye - the taxi driver never does that! 😉

Went into Retreat terminal lounge and went through screening quickly and then relaxed and were checked in by wandering iPads. Boarding at 10:57!!

Same sad balcony furniture but our Kelly is still there!!!! Yay!

C43BA820-F375-4D7A-B4C3-EB0AB8B70CA3.thumb.jpeg.84ff8dc86d97f90f33a2b13d9ee937c5.jpeg

And the KH pillows are there!!!!

Went to Retreat Lounge and there now enjoying my first margarita! Yum!!

Off to  enjoy the rest of the ship!!!😀🌈❤️💐✌️🎆😎

Too bad about the balcony furniture. I'm still hopeful that X will correct this. Could you ask the Retreat Concierge if they have heard anything from Corporate about adding verandah furniture to the Sky suites like the S and M class ships have. Thanks!

Edited by C-Dragons

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Too bad about the balcony furniture. I'm still hopeful that X will correct this. Could you ask the Retreat Concierge if they have heard anything from Corporate about adding verandah furniture to the Sky suites like the S and M class ships have. Thanks!

I will chat with Joao later and ask! 😀