VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I will chat with Joao later and ask! 😀

In December when Joao and I spoke about this subject I told him we had 3 future cruises already booked, 2 on Edge and 1 on Apex and that I would not hesitate to cancel them. Currently we have just the one cruise on Edge in April left. I keep trying to be positive but unfortunately I have no faith that Corporate cares what their guests really want or need. I'm happy that Denisa will be getting a lounger for your verandah. 😊

42 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I will chat with Joao later and ask! 😀

I called yesterday and the answer I received was that they need to be “requested” by your TA or once onboard,, exactly what I was told before.  No plans yet to make changes to the S1 suite or aft furniture, but they are “aware” of this issue...

it will be interesting to hear what you are told first-hand about this concern....may the power be with you!!!  Absolutely no pressure, because you need to persue your agenda and have fun....(no sarcasm either.)

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Ironic... X has artist renderings of the Revolution of the M class ships. Look closely at the verandah of this Sky suite. They show “real” deck furniture. If the M class ships can have this why can’t the Edge class?

22C52857-AEB2-48FA-AC4B-CBCB82CB3333.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I called yesterday and the answer I received was that they need to be “requested” by your TA or once onboard,, exactly what I was told before.  No plans yet to make changes to the S1 suite or aft furniture, but they are “aware” of this issue...

it will be interesting to hear what you are told first-hand about this concern....may the power be with you!!!  Absolutely no pressure, because you need to persue your agenda and have fun....(no sarcasm either.)

Our cabin attendant said he would bring a lounger, no problem. Will see if I can speak with Joao tonight about long term. 

I got $75 OBC extra for some reason. I must have a friend out there. 😀

I'm at muster - Club 4 is B2. 

28815ED0-E34F-431E-8B01-11AB2BFCE862.thumb.jpeg.581c8308c985aadcbcfb6348675157fc.jpeg

628FC035-B17E-40DD-83CF-691352600F7C.thumb.jpeg.827d71de1d4f1b3951d1e6ac2f481ff0.jpeg

46 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Ironic... X has artist renderings of the Revolution of the M class ships. Look closely at the verandah of this Sky suite. They show “real” deck furniture. If the M class ships can have this why can’t the Edge class?

22C52857-AEB2-48FA-AC4B-CBCB82CB3333.jpeg

I will mention that to Joao as well!

Remember the old muster drill stations in the 1990’s and early 2000’s, when, rain, sun, hot, cold, wind, young and old had to wait in lines forever? And you wanted to kill the people who came late and prolonged the wait. On one ship it had to be 100 degrees on the promenade deck. Glad those days are over. Now, a cushy seat in A/C with a cute movie. 👍

3 hours ago, kearney said:

VT ... you have seen almost everything on this ship.... you one more chance to visit the brig 🙂  Do me a favor, find out where wheelchairs go in the theater... we arrived late one day and could not find handicap seating... On S class it was along the back..but here you could not see over the first row.. so I assume it is somewhere else.  Our muster station was on the top part of the theater and they sent us to a spot way on the side... appeared to be the only place... only room for one chair there. Thanks

I will try to figure that out!!

VT, 

If you get a chance, could you find out where muster station D2 is?  It is a minor thing,  so please don't spend a lot of your vacation looking for it. I'll find out soon enough other wise.  Enjoy your cruise. I enjoy following your adventures. 

15 minutes ago, MACruisers said:

VT, 

If you get a chance, could you find out where muster station D2 is?  It is a minor thing,  so please don't spend a lot of your vacation looking for it. I'll find out soon enough other wise.  Enjoy your cruise. I enjoy following your adventures. 

Not sure how easy this is to read... but here is info on muster stations on Edge

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ff7.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi Marilyn,

I hope you have a great cruise.  We certainly enjoyed ours.  Sorry we are missing you by a week.  I like the ship even more than before; and some of the things I didn't care for,  I liked much better.  Perhaps the premium drink package helped. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, kearney said:

Not sure how easy this is to read... but here is info on muster stations on Edge

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ff7.jpg

Thank you. Looking at that and the deck plans, it looks like I will be standing in a corridor or hallway for muster.   Oh well, first world problems. At least I won't have to get there early to score a chair.  

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Remember when we were all looking at the Closer to the Edge thread before the ship arrived?

Here is rendering picture for the Sky Suite on the Edge. Veranda chairs look lovely - nothing like what you see now.

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg

10 minutes ago, MACruisers said:

Thank you. Looking at that and the deck plans, it looks like I will be standing in a corridor or hallway for muster.   Oh well, first world problems. At least I won't have to get there early to score a chair.  

Yeh... looks like around the ilounge.... no chairs there.... but perhaps if you get their early... youcould see if they could get a few chairs from the dining area... the steakhouse.

21 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Remember when we were all looking at the Closer to the Edge thread before the ship arrived?

Here is rendering picture for the Sky Suite on the Edge. Veranda chairs look lovely - nothing like what you see now.

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg

I know, I was the one who pointed out the discrepancy when the photos from the first Edge cruises were posted here on CC. And I was extremely disappointed to find that the furniture was not as depicted, but furniture from the IV cabins instead.

The photos of the Revolution have only recently been revealed.

X really shouldn’t create false expectations. Guests make choices, and bookings, partly on the visuals that are provided by the cruise line. I also know that there are always “cya” disclaimers. But when passengers are paying hefty fares to sail on the new and revolutionized ships the old “what you see is what you get” mantra should apply, imo.

The furniture in the picture is on the verandahs of other suites on the Edge, just not the Sky suites. The Sky suite verandahs are large enough to accommodate this furniture. The smaller chairs and table currently on the Sky suite verandahs were probably originally designed to fit in the IV cabins.

Edited by C-Dragons

Would you mind taking a peak at the tvs?  Was wondering if we can bring our laptop and play movies off it.  I found the selection of movies on our last cruise - highly lacking compared to a few years ago.  They give you a handful of movies.  When we are on a 9 or 10 night we generally like to relax a little in the stateroom in the evenings and not party every night - not that we party, lol.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:04 PM, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Welcome to Ft Lauderdale. Fabulous weather today. Our kids are skiing in Stowe at this moment. They said it was really cold and miserable.  They have a place at Topnotch, which has a nice heated pool and bar for apres ski.

Just think...it was 14 inches of snow today at Smuggs.

Cant wait for our next Sunday sailing.  Looking forward to your recommendations for guidance on things for us to do.  We are in S1 Starboard equal to where you are at mid ship.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Rich

Marilyn,

If you have a chance, can you please check with butler from 10142 and 10150 to see if my 2 cabins can get a lounger on next week’s cruise?  

Does Joao send out email in advance?  Some cruise suite concierges do that.

Have the best journey ever. 

Rich