Deposit Inquiry

Virtopia

Ok, here is my scenario.

On my last cruise, I booked a future sailing. I got the $100 deposit and was told then that I had 30 days to change sail date/time with no penalty.

Within 30 days, I changed the sail date and time. I was also advised that there would be a fee if I made any future changes. Fair enough.

So, I'd like to change the sailing again. I'm aware that there will be a $100 penalty but my question is - will I still be entitled to a $100 deposit? The new sailing is a 14 night TA and I'd love to get out of paying the regular deposit of $480 if I can.

Thanks in Advance!

If you choose a non-refundable deposit and since you are using a booking made on board, they should honor the ability to make the reduced $100 deposit.  However, you may have to pay the deposit again because I don't believe you can use the FCC for a deposit.

6 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

You can try but I don't believe that the $100 deposit pertains to a 14night TA cruise (even if you were booking it onboard).   Ask the question of the agent before they do anything with your existing reservation.

Steve

The sailing I did on board should've been $480 as well based on the length of the sailing but because I was on board, I got it for $100.

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you choose a non-refundable deposit and since you are using a booking made on board, they should honor the ability to make the reduced $100 deposit.  However, you may have to pay the deposit again because I don't believe you can use the FCC for a deposit.

I'm fine with paying a new deposit - I just prefer that deposit be $100 instead of $480. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Virtopia said:
9 minutes ago, Virtopia said:

The sailing I did on board should've been $480 as well based on the length of the sailing but because I was on board, I got it for $100.

Sorry, I stand corrected:

It looks like they have changed their policies again.  At one time TransAtlantic cruises were not covered by the discounted deposits, but it looks like they now are.   Regardless, confirm this with the agent before they do anything so you are not surprised if they ask for a larger deposit.

Steve

Just now, Virtopia said:

Thank you both.

I called and they were able to switch it with no additional deposit required 🙂

Interesting, but there's something I don't understand.

You made the initial booking with $100 deposit.

You lost the $100 initial deposit by making the change.

So there's no deposit at all on the new sailing?

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Interesting, but there's something I don't understand.

You made the initial booking with $100 deposit.

You lost the $100 initial deposit by making the change.

So there's no deposit at all on the new sailing?

I kept my $100 deposit but they added the change fee to my total. I thought I had to pay it upfront so that was a nice surprise.

7 hours ago, Virtopia said:

I kept my $100 deposit but they added the change fee to my total. I thought I had to pay it upfront so that was a nice surprise.

So it seems that if you cancel now, you are only out $100.  I would have guessed you would have been out $200. Nice.

9 hours ago, Virtopia said:

Virtopia,

Thanks for coming back and telling us the outcome.

• Like 1