ATTN : MODERATOR PLEASE HELP

3 people have tried to open thew April 18 ,2020 Roll Cll for the Royal Princess ,Mexican riviera cruise . It NEVER shows up in the Roll Calls for that date . We are sailing B2B ion the April 18th & April 25th Royal Princess cruises & not only my self but 2 others tried to start the roll call but ,for some unknown to us reason the April 18m2020 Roll Call NEVER Shows up 

Cliff

Our Roll Call Tool is experiencing technical difficulties; new Roll Calls are not being added to the tool.  Please go "old school" in locating your Roll Call by browsing the specific ship Roll Call forum.

4 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

NO what message ? Are you talking about the  post from voljeep ?  We now understand that Cruise Critic is having problems ;but ,when will those new roll call problems be resolved is the logical question now 

voljeep is saying that there are problems with new Roll Calls being posted  .when will this be fixed ? 

6 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

voljeep is saying that there are problems with new Roll Calls being posted  .when will this be fixed ? 

voljeep’s post quoted the same information that Colo Cruiser mentioned on the upper right side of the Princess forum’s homepage.

CC is working on a solution & provided a temporary workaround.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I too tried to start a roll call the newer way and the old school way...

in fact, any way I could think of,  with no success.  

I guess  this site is, sadly, a work in progress and might be for quite sometime. 

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

voljeep’s post quoted the same information that Colo Cruiser mentioned on the upper right side of the Princess forum’s homepage.

CC is working on a solution & provided a temporary workaround.

If you could start the April 16 ,2010 Royal Princess ,Mexican Riviera Roll Call  ,we would greatly appreciate your help  .TIA 

2 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

I too tried to start a roll call the newer way and the old school way...

in fact, any way I could think of,  with no success.  

I guess  this site is, sadly, a work in progress and might be for quite sometime. 

All of the problems are extremely frustrating since implementing the new system in October 2018.

Here’s a link to a thread about problems which sometimes provides some information from CC.  Unfortunately the CC person is frustrated like many of us & has no answers from the techies who implemented an unreliable system.  While the thread was started for one problem it has expanded to include other issues we’re experiencing.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2618202-merged-server-errors-error-message-mysql-server-has-gone-away/?page=22

9 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

If you could start the April 16 ,2010 Royal Princess ,Mexican Riviera Roll Call  ,we would greatly appreciate your help  .TIA 

Someone created roll calls for my Royal’s B2B May 2020 cruises (5/2 & 5/9) which I bookmarked for reference but not being on your 4/16/2020 cruise not going to start that roll call.

Hopefully someone on your roll call can navigate the problems or if one was previously started there’s a way for you to locate it.

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Someone created roll calls for my Royal’s B2B May 2020 cruises (5/2 & 5/9) which I bookmarked for reference but not being on your cruise not going to start that roll call.

Hopefully someone on your roll call can navigate the problems or if one was previously started there’s a way for you to locate it.

How do you find the ones already started ?  There are 3 of them for the April 18 ,2020 cruise that were started  

Edited by mcrcruiser

18 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

How do you find the ones already started ?  There are 3 of them for the April 18 ,2020 cruise that were started  

At the upper left side of the Princess forum is “Find Your Princess Roll Call” with a star next to it.  I selected that option & by searching for Royal April 2020 roll calls discovered 3 roll calls but not on your cruise.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=28&ship_id=400&sailing_date=202004

It is frustrating & wish you good luck...🤞

The first 2 are 7 days apart & the 3rd one is 14 days later but not for 4/18/2020

DA9DCC8D-4554-457F-9064-4C8F31841F5B.png

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, TheRabbit said:

This Might be it

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

3 people have tried to open thew April 18 ,2020 Roll Cll for the Royal Princess ,Mexican riviera cruise . It NEVER shows up in the Roll Calls for that date . We are sailing B2B ion the April 18th & April 25th Royal Princess cruises & not only my self but 2 others tried to start the roll call but ,for some unknown to us reason the April 18m2020 Roll Call NEVER Shows up 

Cliff

I finally created one, and now I see this! LOL

Edited by 4cats4me

• Administrators

Hello all:

There isn't a problem with creating new topics for roll calls.  The problem is that our Find Your Roll Call tool isn't picking up the new ones and including them.

As someone mentioned, the best way at this time to find a Roll Call (after checking if it is in the tool) is to browse the forum itself.  Do a check or two; if you don't see it create one. 

Laura