Elite evening drinks

ptater

34 minutes ago, Chip and Dale said:

Yikes.  We’re used to Royal. Lounges are open the entire cruise and there are 3 drinks on your card daily from the first day. 

Not a deal breaker yet. We have the classic pkg with our cruises so fingers crossed the variety is good. 

Thanks for the info

Dee

We also like that the DL is open all day. Also that you can get unlimited drinks in the DL as well as the three drinks that are loaded on our Seapass cards during the 3.5 hours each evening. Celebrity dose not have a dedicated lounge like RC does. The lounge (name depends on the ship you are cruising) is only open from (typically) 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. They will have snacks but the servers serve them. Not buffet style like in the DL.  Another bummer is there is no CC HH during the Senior Offers party that is held later during the cruise. Like always check your Elite letter that will be in your stateroom for times, location and all associated perks. We always have the CBP and are cool with the drinks offered. If you want a drink that isn't covered by the CBP you will pay the difference of the drink plus 18% gratuity. We do like the difference in variety of perks between Celebrity and RC. Can't go wrong with either. 

Edited by davekathy

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We also like that the DL is open all day. Also that you can get unlimited drinks in the DL as well as the three drinks that are loaded on our Seapass cards during the 3.5 hours each evening. Celebrity dose not have a dedicated lounge like RC does. The lounge (name depends on the ship you are cruising) is only open from (typically) 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. They will have snacks but the servers serve them. Not buffet style like in the DL.  Another bummer is there is no CC HH during the Senior Offers party that is held later during the cruise. Like always check your Elite letter that will be in your stateroom for times, location and all associated perks. We always have the CBP and are cool with the drinks offered. If you want a drink that isn't covered by the CBP you will pay the difference of the drink plus 18% gratuity. 

Thanks so much for the information!  We do have classic beverage on these two cruises in January. I drink champagne and Sauvignon blanc.  Doesn’t look like there is Sauvignon blanc but I think there is a Malbec for dh. Considering the bigger cost I was hoping for better. We’ll have to see if it all evens out. I’m not interested in paying more considering the cost of the cruises. We’ll give it a try. If we aren’t impressed we will try other lines and river cruising. 

Thanks again

Dee

1 minute ago, Chip and Dale said:

Thanks so much for the information!  We do have classic beverage on these two cruises in January. I drink champagne and Sauvignon blanc.  Doesn’t look like there is Sauvignon blanc but I think there is a Malbec for dh. Considering the bigger cost I was hoping for better. We’ll have to see if it all evens out. I’m not interested in paying more considering the cost of the cruises. We’ll give it a try. If we aren’t impressed we will try other lines and river cruising. 

Thanks again

Dee

You're welcome. Our most recent Celebrity cruises were a B2B on the Equinox March/April 2018 and on the Infinity September 2018. Our go to wine is always Sauvignon Blanc and we were able to get it with the CBP (at no additional cost) at the bars and the MDR. Can't remember the different brand names offered. Like with RC sometimes not all drinks associated with the BPs are listed on the cruise lines websites.  

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You're welcome. Our most recent Celebrity cruises were a B2B on the Equinox March/April 2018 and on the Infinity September 2018. Our go to wine is always Sauvignon Blanc and we were able to get it with the CBP (at no additional cost) at the bars and the MDR. Can't remember the different brand names offered. Like with RC sometimes not all drinks associated with the BPs are listed on the cruise lines websites.  

That’s great to know. Thanks. DH deals much better with change than I do. They never had Sauvignon blanc in the lounge but the hotel director sent me two bottles on our last cruise. Very nice. 

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

I never said anything about transferring. Not even possible. I'm aware of what out Elite letter says but noting stopping you from getting a drink using one or all three drinks that are loaded on your Seapass card in another bar (not the CC HH lounge) and handing it over to a non-Elite friend(s). I have no experience doing this. 

You might be correct.  It does not actually say you cannot share the drinks, but I am fairly certain it is not the intent.

I am not even sure if Celebrity loads three drinks on your account if you have a Classic or above drink package.  I guess one could test your theory by ordering two alcoholic drinks at the same time with only one card between 5 and 7.

I will not be doing the testing, because to me “not transferable” does not just refer to the electronic drink credit, but the actual drink.

I do agree that Celebrity has been testing some different approaches on the free drinks associated with the Elite benefit.  It does appear likely that the end result will likely be an improvement in the benefit.

Something for some to celebrate if the benefit stabalizes fleetwide.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

You might be correct.  It does not actually say you cannot share the drinks, but I am fairly certain it is not the intent.

I am not even sure if Celebrity loads three drinks on your account if you have a Classic or above drink package.  I guess one could test your theory by ordering two alcoholic drinks at the same time with only one card between 5 and 7.

I will not be doing the testing, because to me “not transferable” does not just refer to the electronic drink credit, but the actual drink.

I do agree that Celebrity has been testing some different approaches on the free drinks associated with the Elite benefit.  It does appear likely that the end result will likely be an improvement in the benefit.

Something for some to celebrate if the benefit stabalizes fleetwide.

It's not a my theory. It's been posted here on the Celebrity forum before by others. We are Elite and always get the CBP (one of the Go big, better, best perks) and the three CC HH drinks are always loaded on our Seapass cards each evening (except the first). It would be the same if we elected to get the PBP. It is never one or the other.  I'll agree whatever Celebrity does it needs to be consistent and fleetwide. Sure would make answering questions here on CC a lot easier.

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, denby said:

Jagoffee, We are boarding Silhouette on Friday. First time for a long time we do not have a drink package. Do you know if the elite drink credits can be used in the dining room. Thanks

Elite drinks were available in the dining rooms on Reflection in November, and Infinity in December.

😎

3 hours ago, denby said:

Jagoffee, We are boarding Silhouette on Friday. First time for a long time we do not have a drink package. Do you know if the elite drink credits can be used in the dining room. Thanks

No, they cannot be used in the dining room on the Silhouette on this cruise.

image.jpg

Edited by jagoffee

On 1/29/2019 at 2:40 PM, davekathy said:

Diamond on RC. Yes. Does your daughter live with you?  If your daughter is not Diamond contact the C&A desk (1-800-526-9723) and request they link her to you and your wife. She will receive her own C&A numbers like you and your wife. Same with Celebrity. Contact the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654)  so she gets linked to you as Elite if she lives with you. 

I just called and they said she wasn't eligible. (said if she was a "minor" she would be...does that make any sense??)

1 hour ago, dodger1964 said:

I just called and they said she wasn't eligible. (said if she was a "minor" she would be...does that make any sense??)

Yes it does. Let me guess. Your daughter is over 18 and doesn't live with you. 

Edited by davekathy

5 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

over 18, but lives with us.

18 years old is the cut off for children. So no RC Diamond benefits including going to the DL. I do agree with RCs policy on this. The DLs are getting way overcrowded as it is. I hope one day Celebrity goes in this direction. Just for my own curiosity, if you and your wife are Elite and Diamond why wasn't your daughter linked to you when she was under 18 and living with you?  

Edited by davekathy

7 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

only one person in your house can be linked as Elite. Your husband already is

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

18 years old is the cut off for children. So no RC Diamond benefits including going to the DL. I do agree with RCs policy on this. The DLs are getting way overcrowded as it is. I hope one day Celebrity goes in this direction. Just for my own curiosity, if you and your wife are Elite and Diamond why wasn't your daughter linked to you when she was under 18 and living with you?  

i didn't realize she would have been eligible for elite.

OK, this might be the same question as already posted in this thread, but here is my situation:

I have Elite status on Celebrity and am getting married 2 days before our honeymoon cruise departs. My fiance (and soon-to-be-husband) has never cruised with Celebrity, and we WILL be living together once the wedding is over (yes, we are old-fashioned that way . . .  waiting for marriage).

I, the Elite member, booked the cruise for both of us. (It shows on our Cruise Summary as "Elite" for me and "----" for him for Captain's Club Level).

Will my (new) husband be allowed to join me for the evening cocktails?

What if I got the Elite Status from being linked to a parent when we took a cruise together (might have been a special deal when I registered for Captain's Club on that cruise) . . . do I loose it if I get married and move out?

18 minutes ago, Newbie2006 said:

OK, this might be the same question as already posted in this thread, but here is my situation:

I have Elite status on Celebrity and am getting married 2 days before our honeymoon cruise departs. My fiance (and soon-to-be-husband) has never cruised with Celebrity, and we WILL be living together once the wedding is over (yes, we are old-fashioned that way . . .  waiting for marriage).

I, the Elite member, booked the cruise for both of us. (It shows on our Cruise Summary as "Elite" for me and "----" for him for Captain's Club Level).

Will my (new) husband be allowed to join me for the evening cocktails?

What if I got the Elite Status from being linked to a parent when we took a cruise together (might have been a special deal when I registered for Captain's Club on that cruise) . . . do I loose it if I get married and move out?

You will need to contact the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) and give them all the details and ask them. Also your last name obviously will different when you cruise then when you booked the cruise. Another question on what you will need to do or provide if anything.  You maintain your tier level status (Elite) with zero cruise points. Once married your husband will become Elite but the Captain Club will need to link him to you and give him his ow CC number. I'm sure the CC will take care of you so both of you get to enjoy the CC HH together. Congratulations. 🥂

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You will need to contact the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) and give them all the details and ask them. Also your last name obviously will different when you cruise then when you booked the cruise. Another question on what you will need to do or provide if anything.  You maintain your tier level status (Elite) with zero cruise points. Once married your husband will become Elite but the Captain Club will need to link him to you and give him his ow CC number. 

I won't have time to change my name before the cruise . . . it takes a few days to weeks to get the required marriage certificate from our governing bodies and start the name change process. Our passports for the cruise are the same now as they will be after we are married (until I get around to changing my name -- if I choose to do that).

Maybe I'll ask once I get on board.

Thanks for the advice! 😄

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You will need to contact the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) and give them all the details and ask them. Also your last name obviously will different when you cruise then when you booked the cruise. Another question on what you will need to do or provide if anything.  You maintain your tier level status (Elite) with zero cruise points. Once married your husband will become Elite but the Captain Club will need to link him to you and give him his ow CC number. I'm sure the CC will take care of you so both of you get to enjoy the CC HH together. Congratulations. 🥂

I don't think the husband will be come Elite because being married to a person who is Elite.  They can share in the Captain Club events/happy hours, etc, but will not get any Elite benefits other than that.  I remember way back when my wife was Elite and I wasn't.  I had to get a special card from the CC hostess to go to the happy hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

I don't think the husband will be come Elite because being married to a person who is Elite.  They can share in the Captain Club events/happy hours, etc, but will not get any Elite benefits other than that.  I remember way back when my wife was Elite and I wasn't.  I had to get a special card from the CC hostess to go to the happy hours.

So, my husband-to-be is an ice-cream fanatic . . . I guess I should let him have my complimentary gelato scoop! 🍨🍨🍨

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

No. The new non Elite spouse is given the same status (Elite) and perks once he is linked to her. That's why I recommended she call to the Captains Club once they get married to get him linked and assigned a CC number before the cruise.  If not already linked before the cruise then yes speak with the CC host once onboard. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No. The new non Elite spouse is given the same status (Elite) and perks once he is linked to her. That's why I recommended she call to the Captains Club once they get married to get him linked and assigned a CC number before the cruise.  If not already linked before the cruise then yes speak with the CC host once onboard. 

I must be confusing it will an Elite bringing on a non-Elite staying in the same stateroom.  I wasn't aware that the spouse could gain the same status upon marriage to get linked up as Elite even though never cruised before.  

On 1/30/2019 at 8:18 AM, denby said:

I appears that Celebrity was allowing the drink credits to be used in the dining room awhile back, but no longer is.