Bon Voyage kiwi-cruisers and Marconi on Royal Princess around South America 49 days

Thanks for the pics.  That real up close with that waddle of penguins....How was the smell.???

They are at Punta Arenas today after threading through the fiords and will soon be off to thread through more and visit the stunning 1277601904_roy11map.jpg.937e443a3fbc3bc81df6c80dc5a20dfd.jpg562305139_roy11punta.jpg.6d9bf297d02fa11f7580372366262ec0.jpgAmelia Glacier. 

Off topic, but I wonder if the barrel/rub chairs have been removed from Royal Princess cabins, balcony grade and below? Lot of discussion on Princess section of CC.  Can anyone report? 

9 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Thanks for the pics.  That real up close with that waddle of penguins....How was the smell.???

They are at Punta Arenas today after threading through the fiords and will soon be off to thread through more and visit the stunning 1277601904_roy11map.jpg.937e443a3fbc3bc81df6c80dc5a20dfd.jpg562305139_roy11punta.jpg.6d9bf297d02fa11f7580372366262ec0.jpgAmelia Glacier. 

Nice, I will do this part one day.

17 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The smell was not too bad, but you could smell the fish when you walked out of the car!

It was windy so I guess that helped with keeping the smell at bay!

I am so pleased you made it to the Horn....thats a real bucket list item. 

Following the AIS track it was not clear if you made it or not.

Enjoy the glaciers . 

1324741481_roy13.jpg.9f616b147fb694ca03853383a667a4f9.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 7:53 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Thanks for great map, which show the route the ship followed through the fjords.  I'd love to do that route.  I remember a Hurtigruten captain telling me they were going to cruise through the Patagonian fjords to Antarctica.  However, by the time I went to Antarctica, they didn't do that route any more, leaving from Ushuaia instead.   

We are arriving in to Puerto Chacabuco, Chile at midnight tonight due to a sick passenger on-board, so they can do a medical evacuate.

Also we are leaving Puerto Montt, Chile early at 5pm I think the caption said at midday, for operational reasons :classic_rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I so want to do this itinerary

Its an amazing and beautiful destination.

What stunned me when we did it was that it was like entering a time zone. These current ports were boom towns servicing all the ships that were heading for  the goldfields of California and Alaska ....and then on August 15 1914 time stood still .  the Panama Canal opened and they became almost ghost towns.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Its an amazing and beautiful destination.

What stunned me when we did it was that it was like entering a time zone. These current ports were boom towns servicing all the ships that were heading for  the goldfields of California and Alaska ....and then on August 15 1914 time stood still .  the Panama Canal opened and they became almost ghost towns.

It sounds very interesting, cannot wait to do it.

Not much coming out of the blog.  They have had a couple of missed ports and a couple of late arrivals which meant private tours were delayed up to 4 hours to permit Princess shorex to disembark first. Fair enough, Princess has to look after their shorex pax.  

Edited by NSWP