Riu or Barcelo for Resort for a day pass??

Pier290

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to hear your thoughts on the Barcelo. I am looking at purchasing an afternoon pass for my family. I see that shore excursioner has a pass but I don't see an afternoon option. I see an afternoon pass on carribbeandaypass.com but they don't have a kids price. Who did you purchase your afternoon pass from? Thanks!

7 hours ago, Jwood9149 said:

I would love to hear your thoughts on the Barcelo. I am looking at purchasing an afternoon pass for my family. I see that shore excursioner has a pass but I don't see an afternoon option. I see an afternoon pass on carribbeandaypass.com but they don't have a kids price. Who did you purchase your afternoon pass from? Thanks!

We got them thru Shore Excursioneer for the entire day....they are good til 6pm

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 3:01 PM, CJDepew said:

Hitting the Barcelo for an afternoon day pass in less than two weeks. Will report back when I  return.

CJDepew .... Did you enjoy Barcelo?  Would love to read your review of it.  Thank you!  🙂

On 3/14/2019 at 6:14 AM, Sue Goodreds said:

CJDepew .... Did you enjoy Barcelo?  Would love to read your review of it.  Thank you!  🙂

Sorry...missed this. I think I posted a review, but not on this thread. Let me look for it and if I didn't, I'll get some photos posted tonight. It was a very nice day.

Just found it...I'd posted the review on a different thread. Here you go.

Edited by CJDepew
needed to add info

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, saltshell said:

Anyone have a link to the adult RIU ?Looked on line and kept finding the site that included kids. Thanks.

Riu Palace Antillas is adults only. They have a website. The other hotel is much nicer. The Antillas used to be the old Radisson until a few years ago, when Riu acquired it. It's fine just for a day, but I don't recommend staying there. I've read tons of complaints. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, Hatteras51 said:

Riu Palace Antillas is adults only. They have a website. The other hotel is much nicer. The Antillas used to be the old Radisson until a few years ago, when Riu acquired it. It's fine just for a day, but I don't recommend staying there. I've read tons of complaints. 

It's not even fine for the day. Your being far too generous. I was here(for about 30 minutes I couldn't take anymore), about 4-5 years ago when it was "The Radisson". Went with a group of experienced cruisers from the ship. (Silly me I actually thought they knew what they were talking about). As much as I love Aruba like everyone else does, The Radisson Aruba was the most disorganized, crummy, miserable, uninviting, phoney baloney "resort" I've ever been too in the Caribbean, that's why it's no longer a Radisson property. 

The beach is NOT a beach, I thought they were kidding. I went with a group of folks I'm very familiar with, after the 3rd time I was kicked out of my lawn chair(that I paid for), I calmly(believe it or not) picked up my backpack walked out to the bus stop caught the bus and spent the rest of my day at Eagle Beach. 

As far as staying there, I wouldn't stay at that hotel if they paid me.

I really hope the new owners have changed the entire concept of this property because when I was there this place was a full blown LOSER, from start to finish.