My-time dining

9 minutes ago, Cobbie48 said:

Can’t figure out how to make reservations on the website. I was logged in to our cruise. I could make excursion res and buy all kinds of stuff but can’t figure out how to make my time res

thanks 

In your CP you'll see a banner with Home, Shore Excursions, Beverage and Dining and other choices. Click on Dining . The from the drop down click on  My Time Dining. Then you'll see Add To Cart. Click on that and follow the process. You will need to complete a reservation for each evening and time before proceeding to the next evening and time. You will need to do this for each evening even if you want the same time for each evening. 

Edited by davekathy

We started to book MTD through the Cruise Planner but we are three couples on different Cruise reservations so just called into RC and had them book all of us together for the MTD times that we wanted.  Luckily we got 7:30 for all nights which is what we wanted.  A couple nights we may do something different depending on show times we booked and maybe eating later during the day, etc.  In those cases will just notify them we aren't coming.  From a lot of posts I read you can just show up without a reservation but have to expect maybe 20-30min wait for a table to free up, but that isn't any different from showing up at a land restaurant without a reservation.

Loved My Time Dining.  I made all the reservations for every night we ate at the MDR before we left for the cruise.  Worked like a charm.  Just walked right in and got great tables....Highly suggest

Edited by potsie57

47 minutes ago, Cobbie48 said:

Thanks everyone.  Don’t see a drop down menu on the dining page. 

If you aren't getting the drop down then when you click on "dining" then you may be seeing another page that will open. If so scroll down almost to the bottom of the page and you will see a My Time Dining. Under that you will see Add To Cart. But saying all that it appears your sail date of 8 October 2019 is still to far out to book dining options. Typically the window for that opens 75 to 60 prior to your sail date. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, erby2283 said:

I guess we were atypical bc I just booked mine and our cruise is 186 days away. :classic_ohmy:

Now that you mention that I just checked when I booked our MTD for our 3 March and 10 March Freedom cruises. I reserved our MTD times September 2018. I guess your not alone. 

• Like 1

I noticed that the closer you get to the cruise less time options you have for MTD.  We eat early and was able to book early for our family cruises but our May 19th cruise the earliest available online is 7:30 which I think would cut into the shows.  We are doing specialty dining so probably will just walk up for a table for any nights we choose the main dining room.

29 minutes ago, GJM said:

I just tried to book my time dining, my cruise is in April, the drop down under dining just list the speciality restaurants

15 minutes ago, Cobbie48 said:

O good I’m not the only one. Maybe I’ll call RC tomorrow. 

Weird. But I've never waited this close to our sail date to make reservations for MTD. Possible all the time slots for MTD reservations are full for your cruise. 😕 My CP for MTD shows no availability for MTD for our 3 March and 10 March Freedom cruise but I'm still able to open MTD from the drop down menu where I get the no availability message. Good luck. 

• 1 month later...

We've already made reservations for MTD on our upcoming Anthem cruise in May. We reserved the same time almost every night, although some nights we switched it up by only 15 minutes to a half an hour. Is it possible to email ahead of time to request a table for three by a window since we practically have the same reservation each night? 

3 hours ago, carnival03 said:

We've already made reservations for MTD on our upcoming Anthem cruise in May. We reserved the same time almost every night, although some nights we switched it up by only 15 minutes to a half an hour. Is it possible to email ahead of time to request a table for three by a window since we practically have the same reservation each night? 

Table selection for MTD is done onboard.  Visit the MTD desk after you board.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 7:42 PM, davekathy said:

No. All the earlier times have been taken.The 7:30 PM time or later is now what is available for MTD reservations for your cruise. Wait longer and that time will soon disappear.  

And, if that doesn’t work, go to the dining room when you first board, to try to change your times.

We sail on AOS 4/13....  We thought we would try MTD.... We booked about 90 days out. When trying to reserve our MTD times on Cruise Planner... all that was left was 6:15 or earlier or 8pm or later. We were hoping for 7:15-7:30. Decided to just change to late seating at 8pm.... Atleast we will have same waitstaff!

1 hour ago, lcpagejr said:

We sail on AOS 4/13....  We thought we would try MTD.... We booked about 90 days out. When trying to reserve our MTD times on Cruise Planner... all that was left was 6:15 or earlier or 8pm or later. We were hoping for 7:15-7:30. Decided to just change to late seating at 8pm.... Atleast we will have same waitstaff!

FYI - we had the same waitstaff every night with MTD. We had different times reserved each night. It really worked well.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, davekathy said:

The completed reservation needs to be in your cart as completed before you can proceed with any additional evenings. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, viperrtblck said:

thought that but when I try to do that it only lets me "modify" the my time dining selection from the one I already made, example I picked day 2 @730, try to go select day 3 and it doesn't allow; only says to modify the current selection for day 2

I am with Viper.....I had the original saved in my cart. It would NOT allow me to add dates...only modify the existing reservation. It let me THINK it was adding but once I went to cart it only changed the first date. If you think you booked all your MTD dates you should go look in your cart and make sure each date is actually there. (If they are please give more details how you did it...I am by no means internet challenged but this is frustrating) I will just call reservations tomorrow and give them my various dates and times. We always do later dining on port days as we tend to eat a lot in port and like a couple of hours to relax onboard afterwards.

1 hour ago, jean-lynd said:

FYI - we had the same waitstaff every night with MTD. We had different times reserved each night. It really worked well.

I've heard this has happened... We have always had late seating in our past 20 cruises... Thought we'd try something different this cruise.. But in the end I would rather eat at same time and not need to carry a planner with me to remember different times. I do this enough at work lol 

On 2/4/2019 at 9:02 PM, HOSKI said:

On Navigator they made us check in each night when we went for our reservation which created a line to get in the dining room.  I've seen posted that after the first night you could just go to your table but that isn't what happened to us.

I've done MTD for all of my 10 cruises because when I started out, I had no clue when I wanted to be eating.  I've had different experiences on each ship, but generally each night we check in, they might sit us at a different table.  On our Transatlantic on Allure, we sat a few times at a table for two and a few times at tables for 10 and not once did we repeat tables.  On Adventure while travelling with another couple, we had the same 4 top table each night even when our dining times changed.  And I think it was on the Jewel that we were in the same section but moved around between a few tables while keeping the same waitstaff.

I think it depends how each dining room is run, what their staffing levels are, and how many PAX they think they can serve at once.

We have cancelled some reservations in the past near the last minute.  The reservation line shuts down about an hour before the dining room opens so we have gone up to the desk and cancelled directly.  They are still glad we informed them because then they can release the table to others waiting in the standby line.

On 2/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, viperrtblck said:

how does my time dining work?  i'm use to the traditional where you had 2 times to choose from, 630 or 830 I believe it was.  my TA is stating that it's recommend, but not required, to make reservation times in the main dining room for my time dining....each day.  is this true, it's best to pick and make a reservation for each night on the my time dining in the main dining room?

On Oasis, we never made a reservation.  We simply went to the MDR, asked for a table for 3, and never waited more than a few minutes to be seated.