Just Booked Sunrise! Anyone Else?

SRQbeachgirl

Just booked an 8-day cruise on the Sunrise for July 30, 2019! We got an aft-balcony on the Verandah Deck (8) just below Lido. This will be our first cruise longer than 7 days, our first aft-balcony (our first balcony was last year on the Magic), and our first time sailing out of New York (in fact, our first ever visit to New York). I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

Now I am scouring the internet looking for anything I can find on the changes being made to the Triumph to transform her into the Sunrise. One thing I haven't found yet and am wondering if anyone knows -- whether the dome on the aft pool will be staying or if it's going to be removed.

Also, I know aft-balconies have a tendency to not get as much breeze, so has anyone taken an extension cord and borrowed a fan from the room steward to use when they are sitting on the balcony? 

Is anyone else who is going on the soon-to-be-christened Sunrise as anxious as I am to see her?? 

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
Sunrise, not Sunshine...

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am more disappointed that several of the great features on Sunshine, like the Havana Bar, Ocean Plaza,  and Serenity area, are not being duplicated on Sunrise and Radiance.   Not really looking forward to cruising on either ship after they get renovated. 

I was a little disappointed that the Serenity won't be the same as it is on Sunshine, but it does look like there will be some type of pool there. I doubt we'll spend any time in Serenity though, since our son will be 20 and wouldn't be able to enjoy it with us.

3 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I was a little disappointed that the Serenity won't be the same as it is on Sunshine, but it does look like there will be some type of pool there. I doubt we'll spend any time in Serenity though, since our son will be 20 and wouldn't be able to enjoy it with us.

Your son won’t have any problem going to the Serenity area if he is interested in spending time there.  They don’t check IDs in that area and someone who is 20 is not going to catch anyone’s attention even if Carnival enforced their age limit for Serenity. Now if he was 10 years old, that would be a different situation.  

We are booked on the June 24 sailing to Bermuda.  Would love to find out more information (menus, shows etc) but guess we will have to wait till after the first few sailings. We were on the Triumph years ago and enjoyed it.  Looking forward to June!

55 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am more disappointed that several of the great features on Sunshine, like the Ocean Plaza

carnival never said anything about the ocean plaza but i wont be surprised to see this small corner by the Alchemy Bar will be the Ocean Plaza area. From the deckplan, it looks they will be a stage too

Capture.png

Edited by shof515

11 minutes ago, latitude918 said:

DW and I brooked a back to back on the Triumph out of Ft Lauderdale before they announced that it would be giving her a makeover.  We are very excited to see the new and improved ship and to try out some of the improvements.  

I am looking forward to reviews of Sunrise and Radiance from people who have sailed on Sunshine.  I have a feeling people who like Sunshine will be disappointed with Sunrise and Radiance. 

I booked this ship for August of 2019 while it was still Triumph, before they announced the refurb and name change.  i'll just be glad to be getting a 'like new' ship, no matter what areas they put on her.  i'm pretty excited about it myself. 

Edited by pyropoodle

We are booked on the 8 Day on June 24 to Bermuda and Grand Turk, I first sailed on the ship in 2009, having also since sailed on the Sunshine and Victory. Our family and myself loved the Sunshine, I’m excited for the Sunrise regardless. Also wouldn’t mind seeing the Radiance either to really compare.

Looking forward to sailing on sunrise. Booked so long ago, August I think, while the itinerary was for sailing on Triumph. The upgrades are a bonus but wish they had the serenity, Havana bar, and ocean plaza of the sunshine. Also loved the lido configuration on sunshine that I don't think they are doing on the sunrise. Still very pumped up though! So excited to be visiting Cuba!

We are booked for a B2B this September, 6 day Bermuda and 7 day New England Canada. We booked this before the announcement that the Triumph would be made over into the Sunrise. Having sailed twice on the Sunshine we are looking forward to seeing how the Sunrise compares.

I for one am not that disappointed that the Serenity area is not being duplicated. Yes it looks awesome on the Sunshine, but being so close to the Beach Pool, it was far from being "serene". We thought that the best deck was deck 14 where the bar and hot tub is located. However, this deck was CLOSED on EVERY one of our sea days due to high winds on both cruises! For me, the Spirit Class Serenity areas win hands down!

I am also happy that they are keeping the covered aft pool on the Sunrise. The one pool that the Sunshine has was not enough. to me that tiny Serenity pool doesn't count. I did love the Havana Bar and JiJi's on the Sunshine that because of the aft pool that will remain will not be on the Sunrise. You have to give a little to get a little they say, so we are looking forward to seeing how we feel about the Sunrise, and how it compares to the Sunshine. Of course we will be doing our usual photo reviews. Stay tuned! :classic_biggrin:

On 2/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am more disappointed that several of the great features on Sunshine, like the Havana Bar, Ocean Plaza,  and Serenity area, are not being duplicated on Sunrise and Radiance.   Not really looking forward to cruising on either ship after they get renovated. 

Metoo. We are booked on the inaugural cruise from Norfolk, and I wish the Sunrise was more like the Sunshine.

• 3 weeks later...

I am booked on the 9/16, 6 night cruise to Bermuda. I am taking my mom for her 80th BD as she always wanted to go to Bermuda. I have sailed the Triumph and the Sunshine, which I really enjoyed so I am looking forward to it, it is just so far away. I never book cruises this far out, I usually book within 2 months of sailing so this is new to me.