Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

Now, I was headed to La Cucina for dinner... I basically just ordered everything on the menu that interested me... Beef carpacio, shrimp ravioli, and what turned out to be the best steak of the week, cooked a perfect medium rare...

IMG_20190215_190401.thumb.jpg.8c87665e4445e198aa0e10642b60874a.jpg

IMG_20190215_191021.thumb.jpg.6897f00ab1a7025257cef4d81316294f.jpg

IMG_20190215_191959.thumb.jpg.ce69391a563410d8dfddb02de6e15114.jpg

IMG_20190215_193500.thumb.jpg.0f7d9850e799d135397f928d43577b52.jpg

IMG_20190215_194517.thumb.jpg.b2ac2e6a1efadb6e65239fdb28a0cd92.jpg

IMG_20190215_194524.thumb.jpg.392b49703d02c35344ee3b844b100e37.jpg

IMG_20190215_200612.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm here at work now, trying to remember how to do my job... And, to my delight and surprise, I ended up getting paid for the days that I took off... Bonus!!!...

More to come later. I have pretty much gone through all the content of my main phone, but there's still a whole lot more on the Droid turbo II...

• Like 3

Hi all!

sid_9169 ~ I'm enjoying your review & thinking about what I missed out on when I cancelled my Breakaway cruise in April to do the Pearl TA. This is the 2nd time I've cancelled cruises from New Orleans so hopefully one day I'll sail from there. What did you think about sailing down the Mississippi? Could you see any sights or was it dark?

You had me loling a few times especially the topless story then drooling over some of the food pictures!

Glad you got paid for your days away, sounds like a nice boss you have at your new job!

Looking forward to more of your review.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Reading your posts have inspired me to attempt my first ever live post on my upcoming Bliss trip. I really have found useful information from you and you find some great hidden gems in ports. Every consider posting more about each port as a separate forum? Thanks for posting and I hope the post I do soon will help others like yours has helped me. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

sid_9169 ~ I'm enjoying your review & thinking about what I missed out on when I cancelled my Breakaway cruise in April to do the Pearl TA. This is the 2nd time I've cancelled cruises from New Orleans so hopefully one day I'll sail from there. What did you think about sailing down the Mississippi? Could you see any sights or was it dark?

You had me loling a few times especially the topless story then drooling over some of the food pictures!

Glad you got paid for your days away, sounds like a nice boss you have at your new job!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Unfortunately, it was almost dark at sail away, and I was at dinner soon afterwards. I didn't really get to see much of anything.

Sid!  Thanks for documenting another one of your trips.  I was on Bliss in December shortly after you, and recently booked Breakaway for July when she comes down to Miami.  I can also attest to the effectiveness of the Rebound patches.  I ordered them after reading your Bliss review, and they worked like a charm!

I do have one question for you however...... (pardon my asking)...

You (like me) look to be a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness, washing hands, room keys, etc.  I'm surprised you'd ever eat in a joint like Scotchies.  Can you explain the logic to me?  Again, pardon my asking.  I just always want to try things when I'm in the Caribbean, but end up turning it down since the sanitary conditions are most of the time lacking.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lupush said:

Sid!  Thanks for documenting another one of your trips.  I was on Bliss in December shortly after you, and recently booked Breakaway for July when she comes down to Miami.  I can also attest to the effectiveness of the Rebound patches.  I ordered them after reading your Bliss review, and they worked like a charm!

I do have one question for you however...... (pardon my asking)...

You (like me) look to be a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness, washing hands, room keys, etc.  I'm surprised you'd ever eat in a joint like Scotchies.  Can you explain the logic to me?  Again, pardon my asking.  I just always want to try things when I'm in the Caribbean, but end up turning it down since the sanitary conditions are most of the time lacking.

Thanks again.

Thank you for your complements, and there's still plenty more to come! I've hardly even covered the actual ship yet... Yes, I indeed do have some pretty rough OCD... I guess that I just have a thirst for adventure and interesting foods, that I just sort of over look things like that...

Edited by sid_9169
delete text

9 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hi Jo...hope you are doing well.  Some of us from the Bliss Panama Canal cruise are doing the Getaway out of New Orleans on November 17th.  I had to cancel my 19 day Getaway TA in October (which ends in NOLA) due to work issues but like you have wanted to sail down the Mississippi (just to say I did).  You should join us!  Stop by our Roll Call...it is a fun group!

Sid - enjoyable review as always and beautiful sunset and food photos.  Looking forward to more.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beachiekeen said:

Love the pics.  I will be eager to hear your take on the beverage package/upgraded package, whether it was worth it, needed, etc.

The new upgraded beverage package was not available until the sailing directly following mine... Fortunately, they lowered the price of Patron silver under the $15 limit. I did enjoy a few shots of nicer tequila for about $6 over the limit, but they were few and far between...