Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

Pretty soon it was time to get ready for my dinner at Cagney's... I showed up right on time, as usual... I perused the menu, and had made my selections. Because I would be having steak tonight, I would require red wine... The menu here is on an iPad system, and there are several options available. I asked if there was a way to view only the options available by the glass, but that wasn't an option. I selected a wine by the glass that was around $19 , and the waiter said it was over the limit. I said that I didn't care, and the that I would have it anyway... Well, when the wine arrived, it was clear that it had been opened days ago, and had gone bad by now. I noted this to the waiter, and they brought out a bottle of random wine, and said "well, how about this?"  I wasn't in the mood for arguing, so I just took the wine that they brought, rather than pushing the issue.

I placed my order, and soon enough, the food began to arrive...

IMG_20190211_172446742.thumb.jpg.aa91c073cc665c5d440cda0eb823b1ba.jpg

IMG_20190211_172502417.thumb.jpg.a786f196a481cd582c3049ac99fb3be1.jpg

IMG_20190211_173100071.thumb.jpg.b647234d0e807f73d171288ea0b5b616.jpg

This was the view from my seat...

IMG_20190211_173215921_HDR.thumb.jpg.e5e53e116c2a1c9b39557ff90ae101de.jpg

• Like 1

Sid  --  after the 10-Day cruise - are you looking toward longer cruises for the future or do you think you'll revert to 7 day cruises?  Since we have a long flight leading into pretty much all cruises - we tend to leave for a minimum of 2 weeks.  The one time we couldn't find a 2 week cruise we wanted, we took 2 7-day cruises on 2 different lines.   Thanks for the review, stories & pic's.

• Like 1

Thanks for the review...welcome back to soggy GA.  We are in Monroe, GA and the rain has been relentless.  We are on the Breakaway in June for the July 4th cruise and appreciate all of the photos of the ship.  

Also, man you can pack away the food for such a skinny dude! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigNance said:

I have to ask. How was the random wine they brought to you?

And. Your food pix are awesome!!

It was decent quality, and good enough... I would have liked to have them just open a new bottle of the one I had originally ordered.

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

Sid  --  after the 10-Day cruise - are you looking toward longer cruises for the future or do you think you'll revert to 7 day cruises?  Since we have a long flight leading into pretty much all cruises - we tend to leave for a minimum of 2 weeks.  The one time we couldn't find a 2 week cruise we wanted, we took 2 7-day cruises on 2 different lines.   Thanks for the review, stories & pic's.

It's back to seven day cruises for me... I know this sounds like blasphemy, but by the eighth or ninth day, I was pretty much ready to go home. May have had something to do with the demographic of the other passengers. (Not that I have anything against senior citizens)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kskelley40 said:

Thanks for the review...welcome back to soggy GA.  We are in Monroe, GA and the rain has been relentless.  We are on the Breakaway in June for the July 4th cruise and appreciate all of the photos of the ship.  

Also, man you can pack away the food for such a skinny dude! 

If you've ever watched one of those hot dog eating contests, they're always won by skinny guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Day 6: Sea Day... My notes say that I had coffee and an omelette this morning... Speaking of coffee, it varies so much from machine to machine. It was a search each morning trying to find some that was drinkable. Then, just trying to deal with the other people around the coffee and drink stations is a whole 'nother story. They'll just stand there, blocking the machine, adding their sugar and cream, while there's a line of people waiting. Then you have the ones at the regular buffet line that'll just stop and stare at a particular item, and then they get an attitude when I reach for the item they're just staring at... If you want some, get some. If not, could you please move on...

I don't have any photos from the morning. The first thing I have is from the Spanish buffet at moderno.IMG_20190212_120223837.thumb.jpg.125f31a628ae4dbd0246daf8c6641dc2.jpg

Then I just wandered around a bit more... By this point, I had already pretty much seen and done everything on the ship. Smokers paradise.

IMG_20190212_122546887.jpg

After the debacle at Savor the other night, I went to the Taste MDR tonight. My notes say Italian meatballs, coconut shrimp, avocado hummus, matzo ball soup, and ravioli with lobster sauce.

IMG_20190212_174932420.thumb.jpg.f15564043e4c38e5e38488374292cab8.jpg

IMG_20190212_175617944.thumb.jpg.5c3d2e4b58ee4d587503d66044be23ef.jpg

IMG_20190212_180246961.thumb.jpg.901c6a04df7059ac2c3cbb2778c83ebc.jpg

IMG_20190212_175943873.thumb.jpg.85bde07d3041ac4b7b489bdc2fe7c68e.jpg

IMG_20190212_174918937.thumb.jpg.4a59ab2edb2822ea27e64c1432af7e0b.jpg

Interestingly, I was seated right next to the people who were next to me the night that I walked out of Savor... They said that after I left, there was quite a scene at my table, with officers and restaurant staff. They also said they never saw that waiter again. I hope he didn't get in some kind of big trouble. I didn't complain or anything when I left, I just walked out.

Also, one of the men in their group was really drunk, and talking loudly. He ordered another long island ice tea, and it appeared that he had several beforehand. He must have asked me where I was from ten times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It's back to seven day cruises for me... I know this sounds like blasphemy, but by the eighth or ninth day, I was pretty much ready to go home. May have had something to do with the demographic of the other passengers. (Not that I have anything against senior citizens)

I have to agree with you. I’ve only been on one eight day cruise but I was definitely winding down by day six. I prefer a 5 - 7 day cruise. After that I’m ready to go home.

• Like 1

My notes say that I went to the comedy show at Headliners and then called it a night... I'll try to continue with more later. I'm getting close to the end of my photos... Till then, thank all of you who are still with me......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, we're getting pretty close to the end of this journey we've all been on... It seems like it's been going on for a while now, and I really don't want it to end... Reliving the cruise is currently the best thing going on in my life. I have a lot of stuff that I need to figure out in the coming months.  Cruising gives me a chance to think about things, while doing the thing that I love the most, which is travel. Unfortunately, this has landed me in a pretty good amount of debt. But, hey. You only live once... I enjoyed every single minute of it, and I particularly enjoy sharing it with all of you...

I'll try to knock out another chapter here soon......

Edited by sid_9169
add text
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, pebbles1102 said:

HI Sid,

Loving your review as always.  Thanks for the pictures of Syd Norman's Pour House.  You are making me wish my cruise was sooner instead of having to wait until November.

They're always better sooner than later...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Sid, I agree that solo cruises are more enjoyable for 7 days. I have done both solo and with my husband. With a cruise buddy, I prefer 10 days, but that's mostly because I sail out of NY in the winter!

• Like 1