Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

21 minutes ago, taraavo said:

Thanks for putting all of the time and effort into your reviews, even if you can't do them on the fly anymore with the stupid app issues. It's always fun to read about your trip, especially the food and drink. You would definitely have followers were you to document some of your Atlanta eats and drinks. On that note - check out the Mai Tai's and Cobras Fang at SOS Tiki!

I've been wanting to try that place out... Maybe tomorrow I'll make the journey over and we'll just keep going with the tiki theme...

• Like 1

Hey Wilson!  Thanks again for the amazing review/vlog!  You never disappoint.  You have helped a lot of people by going off "the beaten path" like you always do.  You gave/give another perspective, rather than the same pics of the usual "touristy" spots.  As you can see, we all appreciate the time and effort and have enjoyed following you.

I wish you all the best and I am hoping someday I will be on the same cruise as you!  Party on!  🍹  Although, I may drop at noon if I tried to keep up with you with adult beverages and food.  LOL!  😲

Hang in there...and I look forward to your next review.  Oh yes, there will be another review...

See ya next time 😊 

• Like 2

Great review, I’ll be solo on Breakaway in May out of Miami. I decided to fly in a few days early so I can properly see Miami this time as it could be my last cruise out of there for a while. I’m looking at cruising from San Juan or New Orleans next time. How bad was the port setup at New Orleans, was it as bad when you were disembarking as it was at embarkation? 

• Like 1

After about ten or eleven straight hours of moving, and laying down rugs, and hanging TVs on the wall, I finally got to enjoy the fruits of my labor... Actually, we celebrated with a nice bottle of vintage champagne before leaving for dinner. A very nice 1998... So, now we're back here at the same restaurant where it all started... Houston's on Peachtree street in Buckhead.

IMG_20190222_210015.thumb.jpg.22b1cdd40bc5ec72849eed143a758ab6.jpg

I didn't photograph the first margarita since we were at the bar, and it's sort of a fancy place. Once we were finally seated, we ordered another one, plus a spinach and artichoke dip...

IMG_20190222_210231.thumb.jpg.a305f8e7f253baef618f9c478561e9c6.jpg

IMG_20190222_210512.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty soon, it was nothing but a pile of bones, snd obviously another couple of margaritas...

IMG_20190222_213953.thumb.jpg.f6f6cdf9b0b46c39b95968935bb2530a.jpg

IMG_20190222_214005.thumb.jpg.80c6ac4761879e1195fba057eac49631.jpg

IMG_20190222_214512.thumb.jpg.9bfeac6fc1ec72ce9aea894b1bc8cbf6.jpg

And, thus marks the beginning of the end of this grand adventure... I'm back at home, and my entire future is in question...  Hopefully I'll have something new booked soon. That's my plan for tomorrow, even though I should be looking for a new place to live... But, that's pretty much the way I roll.........

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The time has come once again for my traditional official "Thank You" list, for each and every one of you readers who commented, and followed along these past couple of weeks... I would also like to personally thank all of the "lurkers", however, if you don't comment, then I can't actually thank you by username. I would also like to thank the crew of the NCL Breakaway for going above and beyond in making all of our journey there and back again enjoyable, delicious, and safe... A few of the standouts being, Nenad the assistant hotel director... Edgar, the bartender in Vibe... Ana, my great and friendly room stewardess... And all the others behind the scenes, who made it all happen...

Without further adieu, the thank you list for this awesome adventure is as follows: (*Listed in order of first appearance) MzShae, OceanBlueWaters, pbxtech, Beachiekeen, itseaya, SenatorsFan, blarko, CruisinMama2003, firsttimecruiseronncl, purpleally, TravelGirlinDallas, kackles, All-ready2cruise, zencruisers, graphic guy, deedle7544, pebbles1102, dcipjr, cruiseratheart_09, jbhcw, Tminish, BeachyBoo, singinalot, BigNance, adam3313, Cafedumonde, Stlcardsfan79, bontx33, Just Jo, Outerdog, Luvmypups, CelticMCO, JinxyB, Slowingdog, kpark895, pinklucky, Windsorontario, Von & John, debenson0723, jimbri, taraavo, nursey0000, ktmush2, Greenpea2, WaywardBlue, ev98, ellenw, Wellou2, RedwingHockeyFan, Bajan Keith, prekcruiser, gmbhardy, Suna, cruisecrazypat, pixiedust777, Nator72, Hogladyrider, wtwien, jojoshumate, angieSFO, bina, Milly1966, latitude918, Amy JA, BlueHonu, 30palms, M&JfromSDL, James_Elmore, LincolnLegend, twonuff2, tanyawa, larry_s_taco, Nclgetawaymenhoney, MrFunInTheSun, PTC Dawg, DeanDeeDee, cml4958, amelia3171, TDHNJ, retiring soon, EganFire, Lupush, newdestination, HowardK, KsKelley40, surfone, feejul, hazelnut68, jojo27, VAcruisers123, 2bthere, gotscrapz, CruiserCindy, maulers2000, heather0773, zabnee, GrammyLove, HeyJut, PJDH4, and eileeshb.........

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

In the interest of attempting to give the people (well, some of you, anyway...) what they want, I started a new thread in the Test Forum found near the top of the Home Page... (I'll add a link, for those in Rio Linda) 

I have no plan or idea where this will even go, or how long it will last. It may end up being just a flash in the pan, we'll see...

• Like 8

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The time has come once again for my traditional official "Thank You" list, for each and every one of you readers who commented, and followed along these past couple of weeks... I would also like to personally thank all of the "lurkers", however, if you don't comment, then I can't actually thank you by username. I would also like to thank the crew of the NCL Breakaway for going above and beyond in making all of our journey there and back again enjoyable, delicious, and safe... A few of the standouts being, Nenad the assistant hotel director... Edgar, the bartender in Vibe... Ana, my great and friendly room stewardess... And all the others behind the scenes, who made it all happen...

Without further adieu, the thank you list for this awesome adventure is as follows: (*Listed in order of first appearance) MzShae, OceanBlueWaters, pbxtech, Beachiekeen, itseaya, SenatorsFan, blarko, CruisinMama2003, firsttimecruiseronncl, purpleally, TravelGirlinDallas, kackles, All-ready2cruise, zencruisers, graphic guy, deedle7544, pebbles1102, dcipjr, cruiseratheart_09, jbhcw, Tminish, BeachyBoo, singinalot, BigNance, adam3313, Cafedumonde, Stlcardsfan79, bontx33, Just Jo, Outerdog, Luvmypups, CelticMCO, JinxyB, Slowingdog, kpark895, pinklucky, Windsorontario, Von & John, debenson0723, jimbri, taraavo, nursey0000, ktmush2, Greenpea2, WaywardBlue, ev98, ellenw, Wellou2, RedwingHockeyFan, Bajan Keith, prekcruiser, gmbhardy, Suna, cruisecrazypat, pixiedust777, Nator72, Hogladyrider, wtwien, jojoshumate, angieSFO, bina, Milly1966, latitude918, Amy JA, BlueHonu, 30palms, M&JfromSDL, James_Elmore, LincolnLegend, twonuff2, tanyawa, larry_s_taco, Nclgetawaymenhoney, MrFunInTheSun, PTC Dawg, DeanDeeDee, cml4958, amelia3171, TDHNJ, retiring soon, EganFire, Lupush, newdestination, HowardK, KsKelley40, surfone, feejul, hazelnut68, jojo27, VAcruisers123, 2bthere, gotscrapz, CruiserCindy, maulers2000, heather0773, zabnee, GrammyLove, HeyJut, PJDH4, and eileeshb.........

*Heart*

• Like 1

I am on page 12 of this blog, and it's 11:25 pm pst...should have been in bed at 10....looks like it's going to be a long night.  So glad I found this....I feel enriched, and I'm only half way through!  Am thinking of taking hubby on the Mardi Gras cruise in 2020 on this ship.

• Like 1