"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

More HiRO

B4902230-C732-4EA8-A489-62F56B99FFB3_zps

A55E6CA4-5E2E-41C4-ADA0-2C2EE48FB017_zps

7C879AC3-CDF9-4B51-85C1-76B63EB1A315_zps

2D9247EC-4ED1-4FC6-90DD-D74B57F0C7C5_zps

BD17AB60-E531-4ECC-8BB2-5702A01B271C_zps

Symphony Of the Seas Orchestra playing tonight in Dazzles. Wonderful performance. They play throughout the ship all week.

3FAB1A14-E59E-4488-9FE8-B1F7F24D690B_zps

If you’ve not booked a cruise yet on this ship, nows the time to do it, you won’t be disappointed. 😀

2 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Booked it right thru Royal Caribbean. With this port I’d recommend that. It was really cheap too, think we only paid like $28 a piece or so. Included the transportation there and beach chair. 

Thanks for the info! Sounds good to me! Now all I have to do is find and book a cruise that goes to Roatan. Our upcoming Symphony cruise is Eastern,  I'm almost wishing it was the western route.

Booked it right thru Royal Caribbean. With this port I’d recommend that. It was really cheap too, think we only paid like $28 a piece or so. Included the transportation there and beach chair. 

Thanks for the info! Sounds good to me! Now all I have to do is find and book a cruise that goes to Roatan. Our upcoming Symphony cruise is Eastern,  I'm almost wishing it was the western route.

Mine is Eastern as well but I much prefer Western..school vacations not cooperating with me this year! We really enjoy Roaton (zip-lining here is fabulous!) and Cozumel...so we are embracing the ship as the destination!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning, welcome to Day Five “Live” from the Symphony of the Seas and Cozumel.

Day Five Compass

5C200CBD-0242-48EA-989E-49A04214FD16_zps

66743E17-EB64-48E2-B346-572637087CA3_zps

C4EC8992-2610-48C4-8537-EF0A9EE7EE1B_zps

45287188-4C24-4100-81AB-76A520116D06_zps

Oh my goodness, can’t believe it’s Wednesday already. 

988C0EE6-6C6C-4254-B806-58DBBAF4C98E_zps

So last night when we made our Windjammer excursion I was on the hunt for some bread pudding for Trainman as that seemed to be one of his favorites he mentioned or talked about when he couldn’t get it in his reviews. Well I was unsuccessful. I’ll check again today as I may have just missed it. 

• Like 1

We’ve docked in Cozumel and have been cleared to go ashore if we choose, it’s a bit moist and overcast today. 

Yeah I know I used the word moist again. 😀

137AC437-4F42-4734-AE72-5E9EE92E8FE0_zps

B43042EF-1C30-489B-BC13-FA98AF5C48A1_zps

A8482DD6-4CFA-4BEC-B3B5-2BA1389AE677_zps

A4189500-EFF6-42DA-AF06-0D3F80C308FE_zps

B666EF00-7BF8-4377-B5AA-2472EE53B78E_zps

91ECE718-89EA-4CCB-89A5-157D8CB2A838_zps

Today we have the Cozumel Bar Hop, should still be a good time dispite it being moist outside. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

AC15FD84-2378-4D18-AA27-4C1355E6FE6C_zps

She was that way in late August and still looking good. 

21 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

So I know we have Tapatalk back and ability to use it, but I’m finding now in some ways it’s easier to use the web version. Though maybe once they fix the Tapatalk log out issue it will be easier again. 

I didn't use the App on my last review because of the log out issue. PITA and I had to login two times in a row to get it to connect. The new format is OK for reviews, and is even better when you get the hang of it. 

15 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

934544FF-AFCB-4832-A11F-440B8BBCF0B5_zps

Do they only have the plain Lays or do they have others, such as Salt and Vinegar, Doritos etc? Harmony only ever had plain but Allure still has multiple flavours.  Asking for a friend.😉

I am totally enjoying your day by day review.  We will be going to Costa Maya on Allure and from your pictures, it looks like it is a long walk from the ship to the shopping/pool area.  Is there any sort of transportation to get from the ship to that area such as the bicycle/carts in Cozumel?

I haven't been to Costa Maya in many years and am looking forward to seeing the changes.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I wish I could print the compass pages....

You could  make a Microsoft WORD Document of all the Compasses for the cruise, and then Print the File:

• Open a new file in your Pictures Directory and call it (for example) Symphony Western Compass Pictures from CC.
  • In the CC Thread Right Click on the Compass Day 1 Page 1, click on "Save Picture As" and "Save"  as Day 1 Page 1 to the Symphony Western Compass Pictures from CC file.
  • Repeat this for each Compass  Day and Page, incrementing the Day ## and the Page ## as appropriate.
  • When completed, Open a new WORD File and call it (for Example) Symphony Western Compasses WORD.
  • Sequentially Insert the Compass photos (using WORD "Insert | Picture") into the Word File .
  • Print the Symphony Western Compasses WORD  File.
Edited by Ken076
  • Like 2

Smoking area, Trainmans early morning spot with some coffee back during his smoking days...

3612A671-390B-424D-9EEB-63D9BD0044D1_zps

Carnival Triumph sneaking around the corner as she slowly glides thru the beautiful blue ocean to her home for the day...

098729A5-40EF-43BD-BBF6-58602839619E_zps

Poor girl is looking a little rough around the collars. She’s been partying a bit to much. Good thing she’s going into a dry dock soon. After that face lift she will emerge a new kicking and perky lady in town the Carnival Sunrise.

B53598BB-ED59-4E80-8ACD-2832081CF932_zps

9F386BFB-AA27-43A4-A32D-96B7FA0F20ED_zps

6254246A-B435-40A0-A2DD-BE82CC5EC02C_zps

516AFB1E-B342-480E-AF70-96C5EC3AFFCD_zps

Carnival Triumph is getting a $200 million makeover and a new name prior to its planned return to Port Evergladesin October 2019. The ship will be renamed Carnival Sunrise following a two-monthlong dry dock refurbishment in Cadiz, Spain, beginning March 1, the company announced Tuesday.Jul 31, 2018

Edited by MrFunInTheSun
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mr FunintheSun, we are doing this route on Symphony in March and the day time Compasses have been very helpful.  By chance will you be posting the rest of the evening ones?  Thanks. 

On Symphony, the evening activities are usually on the same page as the daytime activities (unless they run out of space). On our January cruise there was never a separate evening supplement. They just use a smaller font.

1 hour ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

45287188-4C24-4100-81AB-76A520116D06_zps

1 hour ago, Cel_cruise said:

Mine is Eastern as well but I much prefer Western..school vacations not cooperating with me this year! We really enjoy Roaton (zip-lining here is fabulous!) and Cozumel...so we are embracing the ship as the destination!

Book it, book it! 😀

1 hour ago, rbschultz said:

How was the white party? Crowded? Empty?

Was quiet when I stopped by, however I was just checking it out and it had just started so am sure it was packed later in the evening. 

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

She was that way in late August and still looking good. 

I didn't use the App on my last review because of the log out issue. PITA and I had to login two times in a row to get it to connect. The new format is OK for reviews, and is even better when you get the hang of it. 

Do they only have the plain Lays or do they have others, such as Salt and Vinegar, Doritos etc? Harmony only ever had plain but Allure still has multiple flavours.  Asking for a friend.😉

During that visit to Park Cafe I only saw plan. Will check next time I’m there in case it was just for that occasion. 

21 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I am totally enjoying your day by day review.  We will be going to Costa Maya on Allure and from your pictures, it looks like it is a long walk from the ship to the shopping/pool area.  Is there any sort of transportation to get from the ship to that area such as the bicycle/carts in Cozumel?

I haven't been to Costa Maya in many years and am looking forward to seeing the changes.  Thanks.

During our walk I didn’t witness any but doesn’t mean they didn’t exist. But I’m thinking that sadly they don’t. Thanks for following along. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mr FunintheSun, we are doing this route on Symphony in March and the day time Compasses have been very helpful.  By chance will you be posting the rest of the evening ones?  Thanks. 

Day and evening are on those, what they put in our room each night for the next day. Only thing I’ve not posted are the advertising and excursion stuff. 

Have you checked the app to see if it’s already posted there?

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

There was a tram running back and forth along the pier when I was there last month. Apparently it's not always in operation?