"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

Great start and I'll add my thanks for your Trainman tribute.  Two questions:

1. How was the Trainman breakfast sandwich?  While I always loved Trainman's reviews, his sandwich never looked good to me.  I've never tried it though...
  2. Are the shower stalls (tubes) a little bigger on Harmony?  Your picture of your bathroom made it seem that way to me.  Might have just been the angle of the picture.

Hope you have a great day!

Went back to my room and pleasantly surprised and glad to see my Symphony of the seas block. I had concern I may have had to track it down. Since my room was changed four days before the cruise my room has had a mixture of my name and name of people who were supposed to have my room. The envelope that has your name on it and seacard inside had the other folks name on it. But it was opened up when got it. Inside it had my card with my name on it, so all was good. 

Was afraid the block was going to go to my old room. 😀

130722E2-20BA-4B74-86E0-A573AB2817C1_zps

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Hi, thanks for your review. We are on Symphony in May, and looking forward to Wonderland, Hooked, and 150 CP.

Thsnks for following along. Can’t wait to experience Hooked tonight. Sadly this cruise we most likely eat at 150 Central Park, it’s one of my favorites. But I’ll be on Allure in May and will have the ultimate dining package again so will get to enjoy it again then. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great start and I'll add my thanks for your Trainman tribute.  Two questions:

1. How was the Trainman breakfast sandwich?  While I always loved Trainman's reviews, his sandwich never looked good to me.  I've never tried it though...
  2. Are the shower stalls (tubes) a little bigger on Harmony?  Your picture of your bathroom made it seem that way to me.  Might have just been the angle of the picture.

Hope you have a great day!

Trainman sandwich was different for sure. Not sure I’d make and eat it on a regular basis, but was good to experience in his honor. 

I’ll take new pictures of the bathroom later today. I think it’s the same size as Harmony. 

Thanks for following along. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the live review and great pics! We will be following along for sure. We are sailing her in June Eastern itinerary. Chops for lunch first day, did you just walk in? How much was lunch? We are not fans of first day buffets.

3 minutes ago, flarad said:

Thanks for the live review and great pics! We will be following along for sure. We are sailing her in June Eastern itinerary. Chops for lunch first day, did you just walk in? How much was lunch? We are not fans of first day buffets.

I bought it prior to the cruise for us. Was basically $20.00 each and made a noon reservation. Well worth it, plus it’s nice being away from the hussle and bustle of those first few hours when folks board ship and waiting for rooms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Trainman breakfast sandwich 

041B41DA-0003-4DB2-A9F3-86A7196F228E_zps

DF52CE58-8118-486D-AC65-3C6F3F0E485C_zps

Ut oh. I think Jim would say there are 3 mistakes with this Trainman breakfast sandwich. 

1 - Should be cream cheese on one side. Jelly on the other. 

2- Four sausage links, not three. (And then placed on the cream cheese side). 

3- Grape jelly, not strawberry jam

However I think Jim is smiling right now at your nice tribute to a Cruise Critic legend. Great job. 👍

Edited by Yorkvillain
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Ut oh. I think Jim would say there are 3 mistakes with this Trainman breakfast sandwich. 

1 - Should be cream cheese on one side. Jelly on the other. 

2- Four sausage links, not three. (And then placed on the cream cheese side). 

3- Grape jelly, not strawberry jam

However I think Jim is smiling right now at your nice tribute to a Cruise Critic legend. Great job. 👍

Haha yeah noticed that after I sat down I missed a sausage link. 

In his demo he cream cheesed both sides. 😀

For some reason I had trouble finding grape so went for the strawberry 😀.

the cream cheese on both sides did seem to be to much. 

Heres his

1ACEA502-2701-4AA7-B05C-0D4CF779FE11_zps

2 minutes ago, Alter Ego said:

I always enjoy reading your live reviews!  Thanks for sharing.

But, I have a question.  What is this? (Fingers crosses just a trick of the light...)

3ECAC572-BC15-49D5-8229-099BB5918321.jpeg

Somehow the English muffin got to close to a donut covered with sprinkle or something that melted on that English muffin. 😀 

I was on a mission and wasn’t starting over so just went with it. 😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Good a Morning, welcome to Day Two Live from the Symphony of the seas...

Day Two Compass

20BD6C5F-8313-4767-8CEE-75A475D2B0C2_zps

67EFBDC8-68D5-43F4-9A83-660E8CEEF2E1_zps

5B0F9FAC-C6F9-463D-BB3C-2244A802EE2B_zps

8924B613-CFBA-4245-AA4B-3445DDCC20F7_zps

C6DFD36A-3375-4EAB-A72F-52CA90021439_zps

D1CF4915-64FF-4A83-B4DB-11EA270DDEC7_zps

Have you been using the RC phone app as well as the Cruise Compass? I'd be interested to know if it works well with listing activities and keeping up with shipboard expenses etc. 

4 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Went back to my room and pleasantly surprised and glad to see my Symphony of the seas block. I had concern I may have had to track it down. Since my room was changed four days before the cruise my room has had a mixture of my name and name of people who were supposed to have my room. The envelope that has your name on it and seacard inside had the other folks name on it. But it was opened up when got it. Inside it had my card with my name on it, so all was good. 

Was afraid the block was going to go to my old room. 😀

130722E2-20BA-4B74-86E0-A573AB2817C1_zps

you were lucky, I changed my room 4 days before sailing and never got any invite from C&A and I missed the meet n mingle and I kept receiving papers with another person on it 

Thank you for taking the time to do a live review! We just got off Symphony yesterday so following along makes the sting of being back home a little more tolerable! She is a magnificent ship, I hope the service you receive this week is a little better than what we experienced this past week!

13 minutes ago, driscruisers said:

Thank you for taking the time to do a live review! We just got off Symphony yesterday so following along makes the sting of being back home a little more tolerable! She is a magnificent ship, I hope the service you receive this week is a little better than what we experienced this past week!

In what ways were the service lacking? I'm traveling on spring break in a few weeks with a full ship. It helps to know what to look expect or avoid