NCL Platinum to MSC?

roger001

How do you get MSC to honor your NCL Platinum Plus status?   I understand they will do it...correct?    I just checked some future NCL suite prices on what we've been enjoying with NCL and what I looked at was outrageous....at least for our needs.   I just looked at MSC Yacht Club bookings and they were several thousand dollars cheaper it seemed...at least for now.   In 2 days we are boarding NCL cruise number 22 for us.  But, might be time to do some comparison shopping.  

I used the link on their website and sent them a snap of my platinum status from NCL website. They granted me black status with MSC from platinum with NCL. Took about a week for them to email me back with the status match. I haven't used it yet or booked anything with them but plan to try them in the future.

Pretty similar to NCL with formality.  If you’re in the YC, the YC required lang pants and collared shirts for men, and dresses or pants/blouses for women to eat in the YC restaurant.

Used to map Black Card to NCL Platinum, at least they did for me.  Sounds like they’ve changed that.

28 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

MSC now matches NCL Platinum to Gold now, not Platinum any more.

Here is the link to apply: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

5% off booking price for members.

Hi

Do you know when they changed it?

We did the match in October 2018 and received black for platinum.

I would qualify for Gold, a few perks but not much, however good to know especially since I usually book a cruise by overall cost.  NCL Platinum offers some really great perks, I think the best of all the cruise lines for that amount of cruising.

1 hour ago, Fanatico1981 said:

Hi

Do you know when they changed it?

We did the match in October 2018 and received black for platinum.

I think you just got in people started reporting gold instead of black about Oct/Nov last year, speculation was that it may have been due to the new NCL levels above platinum but they have been there a while.

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

Thanks.   Just signed up for a loyalty match.  

Great, with MSC you have to sail at least once every three years or you lose your status and it's a so-called one time deal to status match.... although some have reported reapplying.

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

Thanks y'all.  For those of you  that have bounced back and forth, what is their level of formality compared to NCL?  Assigned dining with others?  

This was one of our big concerns as well.  They have advised ranges you'll see posted over on the MSC boards for various suggested levels of dress each night. We were in YC and wore long pants, collared shirts and not a problem.  We also didn't stick out - this was on Divinia.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

This was one of our big concerns as well.  They have advised ranges you'll see posted over on the MSC boards for various suggested levels of dress each night. We were in YC and wore long pants, collared shirts and not a problem.  We also didn't stick out - this was on Divinia.

Sounds good.  Thanks...

I read on the MSC board that some people who were originally status matched to black have been rolled back to gold.  I’m Platinum and was matched to black and immediately booked a cruise in the YC. I logged into my account yesterday and I’m still black

33 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I read on the MSC board that some people who were originally status matched to black have been rolled back to gold.  I’m Platinum and was matched to black and immediately booked a cruise in the YC. I logged into my account yesterday and I’m still black

excuse me what is the "YC", thank you

48 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I'm still black card status (but matched from diamond on rccl/i am plat on ncl)  -- status match last year