Drink package split payment?

colesc15

I want to buy a drink package for 2. I want to split the payment and use two cards but I'm not sure I can. Online it won't let me. I called and was told they could pay for one package on one card and the other package on another card but would have to pay for each one in full. Any idea if I can do different?? I have a American express $250 gift card that I wanted to use towards it. Thoughts?? 

18 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I want to buy a drink package for 2. I want to split the payment and use two cards but I'm not sure I can. Online it won't let me. I called and was told they could pay for one package on one card and the other package on another card but would have to pay for each one in full. Any idea if I can do different?? I have a American express $250 gift card that I wanted to use towards it. Thoughts?? 

Isn't what I've highlighted exactly what you wanted to do?  You always have to pay in full when you purchase anything from the cruise planner.

44 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I have a $250 gift card I want to use to go towards the balance but since it doesn't pay for the entire balance of one drink package, it doesn't sound like I can use it

If it does not work to use the gift card for a partial package purchase, you can always use it to buy on board credit.

20 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If it does not work to use the gift card for a partial package purchase, you can always use it to buy on board credit.

Ah Bob you are a genius as always! I never even thought of that. And if I remember, if I purchase obc it'll show up in my cruise planner and I can use it towards the package now too

15 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Ah Bob you are a genius as always! I never even thought of that. And if I remember, if I purchase obc it'll show up in my cruise planner and I can use it towards the package now too

I don't think that purchased OBC shows up in the Cruise Planner.  Ken will know for sure.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m not sure either Bob, the days of us purchasing OBC ended before it started appearing in the cruise planner. 

I thought it was one of those items that only showed up on the gift/amenity invoice.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I thought it was one of those items that only showed up on the gift/amenity invoice.

That’s correct.  It doesn’t show up on the guest booking invoice but I’m not sure if that also means it doesn’t show up on the cruise planner. 

I remember a post post about this from a while back I just can’t remeber the outcome. 

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't think that purchased OBC shows up in the Cruise Planner.  Ken will know for sure.

I have $100 OBC and it shows up when I log in as a pop up window

Edited by SF Ex-Pat

16 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Just as an update.. If I purchase obc, it won't show up in the cruise planner. Also, they require the entire package paid on one card and a gift card can't go towards the balance. 

Thanks for the update.  Could you use the gift card to still purchase OBC and then use that on-board to pay your gratuities (which will be around $200 for 2 people) leaving about $50 to spend on board.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the update.  Could you use the gift card to still purchase OBC and then use that on-board to pay your gratuities (which will be around $200 for 2 people) leaving about $50 to spend on board.

Yes that part I can do. One would think in this day and age they could split payments but what do I know 🤣

22 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Just as an update.. If I purchase obc, it won't show up in the cruise planner. Also, they require the entire package paid on one card and a gift card can't go towards the balance. 

Wow.

Over the years, I have turned in AMEX points for Home Depot gift cards where I would use the gift cards along with a credit card for major appliances purchase.

For example if the total purchase price was $1050, I would request 2 $500 gift cards (the maximum for a Home Depot gift card is $500 using AMEX points.)  I would then pay for the appliance with the the 2 gift cards and pay the $50 balance using a credit card.  Home Depot had no processing this type of payment.

One side note for you.  Not sure if it is applicable to you but I would not redeem AMEX points for AMEX gift cards or even gift cards for a particular cruise line gift card.  The reason is about the value of the gift card you would get vs the the amount of points you would burn.

Using my Home Depot example.  If used the same amount of points to get the two 500 Home Depot gift cards (total value $1000) would only get me a total of $500 of a AMEX or cruise line gift card.