Best way to spend our $300 onboard credit on the Summit?

12 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

We very easily use up $300 +  on wine (over & above the premium package) and specialty restaurants.   We've also used shipboard credit for bartending classes in the World Class Bar and a premium vodka tasting in the Martini Bar.  $300 doesn't go very far for us!  

Exactly the things I was going to suggest

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Yeah, I doubt it will go very far for us either. Are there good wines available by the glass for an up-charge.  

Caymus is a $10 per glass up charge on the premium package

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

The couples massage was the first thing I thought of, but once I saw the price for a 50 minute massage I changed my mind.  I get monthly massages for $60 and my girl is amazing!  It just so happens that our 25th Anniversary falls on a Sea day. I thought a couples massage and Tuscan Grille would be a lovely way to celebrate.  Do you recall how much the couples massage was?  Was it good?   

Sorry, I don't recall the price. Yes, we have a good masseuse as well and for less $$. One time I just went to a boutique and bought some clothing. But it was a lovely massage and a nice way to spend the credit. When you have a suite it's hard because you have a restaurant, then a premium bev pkg, the internet we need for business, gratuities, and the credit. It sounds funny,

"How should I spend this money they gave me ..." Enjoy whatever you choose.

• Like 1

My husband and I have done the "World Wine Tour" and "Wine Pairing".  We enjoyed the World Wine Tour more as it was more casual.  There is cheese and crackers and different wines are set up at different locations.  You walk from station to station and try.  If you like a particular one you can go back and have more.  It was very informal and you were on your own.  They may have told about the wines before it started or handed out a paper, I cannot remember.  If you find a wine you like take a picture of the bottle and ask to have a glass of it at dinner. The Wine Pairing is a sit down and lecture.  They have you try a particular food and then the wine that goes with it.  If you have never been to one you should try it.  Your sommelier at dinner will be able to tell you when the wine events are being held.  I believe he can even reserve this for you.

Another way we spend our on-board credit is to order a more expensive wine at dinner or at a bar.  Talk to the sommelier and explain what you like.  I sort of have my own wine tasting.  They will only charge you the difference over the premium drink price.

On our next cruise we are going to try the Mixology 101.  You are behind the bar with a bartender and make specialty drinks.  This was found under excursions.  I'm assuming it will be held on a sea day.

Whatever you decide on enjoy!!

Cheers - Debbie

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DamWamWeRCruising said:

My husband and I have done the "World Wine Tour" and "Wine Pairing".  We enjoyed the World Wine Tour more as it was more casual.  There is cheese and crackers and different wines are set up at different locations.  You walk from station to station and try.  If you like a particular one you can go back and have more.  It was very informal and you were on your own.  They may have told about the wines before it started or handed out a paper, I cannot remember.  If you find a wine you like take a picture of the bottle and ask to have a glass of it at dinner. The Wine Pairing is a sit down and lecture.  They have you try a particular food and then the wine that goes with it.  If you have never been to one you should try it.  Your sommelier at dinner will be able to tell you when the wine events are being held.  I believe he can even reserve this for you.

Another way we spend our on-board credit is to order a more expensive wine at dinner or at a bar.  Talk to the sommelier and explain what you like.  I sort of have my own wine tasting.  They will only charge you the difference over the premium drink price.

On our next cruise we are going to try the Mixology 101.  You are behind the bar with a bartender and make specialty drinks.  This was found under excursions.  I'm assuming it will be held on a sea day.

Whatever you decide on enjoy!!

Cheers - Debbie

We have done wine pairing before and always enjoy them, on land and at Sea. Great suggestions!

We are thinking about getting bathrobes for our souvenirs.  We are also looking to do the luggage valet to the airport when we get back to Ft Lauderdale so we can explore a bit before our afternoon flight.  We are not going to upgrade on the drink package but would like a couple of the frozen things by the pool...that should probably about the $300.00