Passport after divorce

JonesCruiser1978

I do not know about your passport, But I have been told that your cruise reservation and your passport MUST have the same name. (I just repsonded to your other post about changing your name with VIFP).

I have also seen people say that bringing documentaion to bridge name gaps (marriage license, divorce decree, etc) is sufficient.

IMO, it may be the best course of action to update your passport along with all of your other identification. Here is a link to the dept of state with information about passport name changes.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/change-correct.html

Happy cruising!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoDidly said:

I wouldn't want any confusion when boarding . Some of those people can't even cipher correctly .

Any chance you guys could reconcile 🤣 just till after your cruise 😋

🤣 I'd rather spend an hour or 2 having them try to get me on the ship then deal with that drama!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JonesCruiser1978 said:

🤣 I'd rather spend an hour or 2 having them try to get me on the ship then deal with that drama!

Well there you go 😁 Thanks for having a sense of humor. Hope things work out for you.  

Good luck 👍

• Like 1

I would make the reservation match the passport, no hold up there.....

The correct way would be to have your passport updated to reflect your correct name, and the reservation to match. 

They don't care about whatever is going on with you, just make sure they match and you will be on your way

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonesCruiser1978 said:

Well in that case, Congratualtions on your divorce!

Get your name changed on all your documents and be done with him!

• Like 1

New passports are costly, I understand that.  Adult passports are good for 10 years; who wants to "lose"/waste ~8 years' worth of passport cost?

#1  Book your Carnival cabinet with the (former) name on your passport.  Carry documentation, just in case it comes up.

#2  If you need to fly, use your driver's license (with post-divorce name?) and be sure to book your air tickets in that same name.  Carry documentation, just in case.

#3  Avoid Carnival's Fly to the Fun option (air + cruise) in your particular situation.

Have fun - you deserve a cruise!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

New passports are costly, I understand that.  Adult passports are good for 10 years; who wants to "lose"/waste ~8 years' worth of passport cost?

#1  Book your Carnival cabinet with the (former) name on your passport.  Carry documentation, just in case it comes up.

#2  If you need to fly, use your driver's license (with post-divorce name?) and be sure to book your air tickets in that same name.  Carry documentation, just in case.

#3  Avoid Carnival's Fly to the Fun option (air + cruise) in your particular situation.

Have fun - you deserve a cruise!

This....

2 hours ago, JonesCruiser1978 said:

My passport is in my married name, after a divorce I went back to my maiden name.  My passport is good until 2023.  Do I need to do a name change or can I just bring my current passport and divorce paperwork with me to show my name change?

It is always best to have your passport match your legal name.  It may not be necessary, but it's smart.

• Like 1

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/change-correct.html

Pay for a new passport, have everything match.  I, for one, never wanted to have any document have a name I wasn't using or that was tied to someone I was hoping to forget, and it's cleaner to have everything match even though it's a pain in the rear.  But just do it, start changing everything and you'll be so happy you did, including your Carnival VIP #!

Opposite situation but similar. My wife still uses the maiden name passport and we book under that name. No need to get a new passport until it expires. As long as they match, and that's what you use as your ID, I don't think it matters to Carnival. Later this year, the passport expires, and we can get back in sync.