Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is your contract with Royal. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

if you don’t agree with the General Terms and Conditions, then maybe one should resign from C&A, find another loyalty program, or agree to these terms. 

Thanks. You really think I haven't seen that before? I didn't say RCI had an obligation. I said it was annoying. Understand the difference?

• Like 2

What some on here don't understand is that this policy affects many. Yes, it does affect Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles. When I was on the Freedom of the Seas, the changes were mentioned by the Concierge crew and Loyalty Ambassador. 

Changes were coming, but was told on the ship and Royal Caribbean has yet to announce these changes. But staff know! 

Eventually, Diamonds will not be allowed in the Diamond Lounges! That will be a significant change for them. Only have 3 Drink coupons, if they are lucky.

All Concierge Lounges will be converted to Suite Lounges, with Diamond Plus being restricted as soon as all conversions occur to the ships. 

Pinnacles eventually will be affected also, Royal is just keeping it on the down low for now. 

Pinnacles and Diamond Plus will eventually be the only ones allowed into the Diamond Lounges, and Pinnacles soon will be restricted from the Suite lounges as soon as all the conversions occur. Too many Pinnacles affecting  the "exclusive Suite Lounge" experience per the loyalty ambassador and Concierges. 

These are huge changes!. Also, some "dilution" of Diamond Member benefits will be occurring, to reduce expenses?? I'm scared as to what that might be!

What bothers me is that Royal and its staff are aware of what's happening and what's coming down the line and do not make some kind of press release to their members so that no surprises and let downs occur once your on the ship!

Give your loyal cruisers a heads up Royal. Not surprise us when we expect a certain level of benefits and experience, for our significant loyalty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelinME said:

What some on here don't understand is that this policy affects many. Yes, it does affect Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles. When I was on the Freedom of the Seas, the changes were mentioned by the Concierge crew and Loyalty Ambassador. 

Changes were coming, but was told on the ship and Royal Caribbean has yet to announce these changes. But staff know! 

Eventually, Diamonds will not be allowed in the Diamond Lounges! That will be a significant change for them. Only have 3 Drink coupons, if they are lucky.

All Concierge Lounges will be converted to Suite Lounges, with Diamond Plus being restricted as soon as all conversions occur to the ships. 

Pinnacles eventually will be affected also, Royal is just keeping it on the down low for now. 

Pinnacles and Diamond Plus will eventually be the only ones allowed into the Diamond Lounges, and Pinnacles soon will be restricted from the Suite lounges as soon as all the conversions occur. Too many Pinnacles affecting  the "exclusive Suite Lounge" experience per the loyalty ambassador and Concierges. 

These are huge changes!. Also, some "dilution" of Diamond Member benefits will be occurring, to reduce expenses?? I'm scared as to what that might be!

What bothers me is that Royal and its staff are aware of what's happening and what's coming down the line and do not make some kind of press release to their members so that no surprises and let downs occur once your on the ship!

Give your loyal cruisers a heads up Royal. Not surprise us when we expect a certain level of benefits and experience, for our significant loyalty.

All of these rumors have been talked about for years.  Time will tell....

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

3 free drinks on their cards for Diamonds.

3 free drinks and a free coffee any time of day rolled over for 21 free drinks and 7 free coffees per week.

As a D+ on our last cruise in October for 3 nights on Independence we didn't go in to the DL during happy hour instead we went to Boleros and Champagne bar for our drinks.

If RCL make SL for suites only an extra enhanced LL for P and D+ would be a necessity and ideally a DL for Diamonds would be my preferred option.

10 minutes ago, MichaelinME said:

Thank you for posting and I agree with you but think Royal are probably apprehensive at the moment of implementing these changes which are obviously going to occur because of the success of the C&A program.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did D+ ever have access to the Suite Lounge?  Not evicted or kicked out.  One can always book a cabin where the CL was. 

Royal could just as easy rename DL into CL and say Diamonds never had access to the CL,it is not right but basically what they have done to D+.

I can understand the SL format in the new Oasis class ship's with their abundance of expensive Suite cabins but not with the smaller class of ships which have fewer Suites and cheaper prices where the new SL look very similar to the DL.

Edited by grapau27

2 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

So, how much time do all of you actually spend in the CL/DL/SL during cocktail hour?

We generally plan to arrive around 5:30-5:45 which gives us enough time for a drink or two. If we don't finish the second drink we take it with us so we make our 6:30 dinner reservation.

Approximately 7.20 - 8.20 then off to Giovanni's or other speciallity restaurant for 8.30pm dinner.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

All of these rumors have been talked about for years.  Time will tell....

With all do respect, they are not rumors anymore. The CL are being converted to Suite Lounges and Diamond + are out. 

As for the rest of the cuts, it is a rumor on these boards, but confirmed when I was on freedom by the staff. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MichaelinME said:

With all do respect, they are not rumors anymore. The CL are being converted to Suite Lounges and Diamond + are out. 

As for the rest of the cuts, it is a rumor on these boards, but confirmed when I was on freedom by the staff. 

What cuts were confirmed?  Please list them.

1 hour ago, MichaelinME said:

11 minutes ago, MichaelinME said:

It´s groundhog day again. Every year around this time of year the same discussion starts and the same rumors are spread. 

So you are saying after many years These rumors having been spread around CC this is the year it finally will happen?

I guess if you just wait for a Long enough time something will Change and People can finally say I told you so years ago.:classic_biggrin:

Honestly the biggest News and Change from your post would be if it would actually be true some People on the ship knew About any changes actually Happening.:classic_rolleyes:

Oh and D+ never been in for the SL´s.

I will just sit back, relax and wait for summer time to come and most likely not much has changed again. Then we´ll see the whole discussion start over again at the beginning of next year. With changes to come on Feb. 1, then March 1, then April 1....

However thanks for being in the know and sharing your Knowledge.:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is your contract with Royal. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

if you don’t agree with the General Terms and Conditions, then maybe one should resign from C&A, find another loyalty program, or agree to these terms. 

All I see is blah, blah, blah. 😇

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

It is just a matter of time that the currently flawed program will change to better accommodate the big $pender$.  The freeloading will end soon.  It's just the nature of free market capitalism.  I look forward to the banishment of NSPPs from a lounge and restaurant that is falsely marketed to $uite gue$t$ as exclu$ive when it is not.  

You may be dissapointed for several years to come. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MichaelinME said:

Eventually, I will die. I'm pretty certain of that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

So, how much time do all of you actually spend in the CL/DL/SL during cocktail hour?

We generally plan to arrive around 5:30-5:45 which gives us enough time for a drink or two. If we don't finish the second drink we take it with us so we make our 6:30 dinner reservation.

Seriously, I can pound back 3-4 drinks in 45 minutes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I blame the wait staff,  they just keep bringing drinks

Yeah sure, it's always someone else's fault.

Three or four martinis (even if it is cheap vodka) and I'd be blotto. I'm jealous you've got some serious skills!!

🍸

Edited by Captain Billy Bob

5 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Yeah sure, it's always someone else's fault.

Three or four martinis (even if it is cheap vodka) and I'd be blotto. I'm jealous you've got some serious skills!!

🍸

I drink cranberry an NA. Poor man's Cape Codder. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MichaelinME said:

What some on here don't understand is that this policy affects many. Yes, it does affect Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles. 

In a few years those pesky diamonds will be diamond plus, then what?? Back to the same problem. Just kicks the overcrowding problem down the road for a year or two. Maybe they should do a complete overhaul and the status be reduced down a tier if not enough money spent or cruises taken in a given period of time. Airlines have watered down their programmes last few years. Often the more expensive the ticket, the more points you earn. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just off the Symphony. 6500 passengers and just 13 pinnacles! I don’t think pinnacle crowding was an issue.  In fact, the suite lounge was hardly used by anybody, from what we noticed when we walked in for our 7 PM dinner reservation. Lots of seating available. 

My cruise prior to that was the Mariner. There were three pinnacles on board. One night I was the only person in the suite lounge.  I don’t think overcrowding was an issue on that cruise either. 

RCCL does make temporary changes when there are LOTS of pinnacles on a particular sailing. That seems to work out well for all concerned. 

M

P’s for the most part don’t sail this time of year when fares are high and lots of kids onboard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1