Royal accidentally cancelled my cruise...

steevo L

Was on the phone with royals customer service last night asking about the time change for our stop in aruba, she couldnt answer so i asked for a supervisor. 20+ minutes or so into my on hold, I get an email stating that my reservation has been cancelled and my refunds and drink packages are being refunded.  So I finally get off hold and ask the supervisor what is going on, he says he thinks she did it by accident.  He is not sure how she even did it, but she did.  Tells me to call my travel agent.

A little while later while explaining to the wife that its cancelled, I am able to Log in and it shows now that i still have a booking but its in another room on a deck lower. Call royal again, they have NO clue what happened, and after about another 2 hours she is able to get me back to our original room.  I get a sorry for my troubles, but i will now have to buy my beverage packages again. SO i sent an email out to royal hoping someone higher up can fill me in.

Today I get a call from someone in charge of customer service, she apologizes, and has no answer on how it happened, but for me to wait a few days till i get my beverage package refund and then just buy them again, and if I have any more questions, to please contact customer service. I again asked her  how this happened again, no answers but will be a good thing for training the employees better. Ended up just wasting more of my time with no answers. Pretty big failure in my eyes...........

Is this a common thing?     ever happen to anyone else? 

thanks

steve

36 minutes ago, steevo L said:

thanks, I guess at last I'm not the only one.... at least I got my room back.

You might not want to wait for the refund to buy your drink package. Check the prices now. If you wait too long you might be paying more.

Mine was cancelled this week as well.   Pretty sure it was my travel agent’s fault, but suspect I am going to have to rebook all my cruise planner item as well.   It is annoying.   In my case. I know the prices are different and will be fighting to ensure someone, that is not me, makes up the difference. 

Edited by robsmom
  • Like 1

Royal runs a really old reservation system.  The "new" website is just middleware in front of the ugly old system.  It's a PITA for every employee to use.  Any time any thing strange occurs it's usually the ugly old system barfing again.  

Ours got cancelled a few weeks ago.  Apparently it was because someone was try to put a note on their system that if we had to cancel due to RCCL not being able to accommodate our health needs then we would get our deposit refunded.  In the UK a deposit is forfeited if the cruise is cancelled by the passenger at any time.

Anyway, someone had obviously pressed the wrong button and there it was gone!!!!!!  I contacted RCCL using facebook messenger and received an instant response asking if they could  phone me and it was reinstated.  For the inconvenience we received $100 OBC.  I have to say that while the cancelation wasn't great, the response to it was first class.  Mistakes happen, no-one is perfect.

I would also recommend using facebook messenger or twitter to contact them rather than holding on the phone for hours.

• Thanks 1

So i couldnt log in to my planner, I called them to re-buy the beverage package and he fixed it so i could log in and it shows  it is $47 a day per person with total of $1331. I went to buy it and the guy tells me it is going on sale tomorrow so i should wait till then. i sad thanks i will do that.

Log on the next day to buy it around lunch time, and it shows buy 1 get 1 50% off...... add them to cart and it comes to the same price. I called back and asked them and she tells me she is not sure why its showing the same price and that the price should be less. I tell her i might as well buy it before t goes back up, but she insists its wrong and sends an email to someone higher up and says they will call me within 24 hours... LOL....

No call yet, and I cant log into my cruise planner again.  All I can do is laugh at this point. Hopefully it gets smoother from now on.....

If you ever can get back into your reservation, just buy the package.  If the price goes down, you can always cancel and repurchase at the lower price.  I admire your mellow attitude about all this - dealing with RC customer service shore side is very frustrating.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Why  would you call RC and ask them for information about a time change on one of the ships?

That the last place I would look for answers...

8 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Why  would you call RC and ask them for information about a time change on one of the ships?

That the last place I would look for answers...

Huh?..

On 2/19/2019 at 1:57 PM, Biker19 said:

Call back and ask for some OBC for your trouble.

I agree because of the headache they put you thru and the time you had to waste because of their mistake. I would have totally been mad. We usuall book early so we can pick certain rooms. If they would have changed my room and would have lost it I really would have been super mad. Glad you got your room back.

Edited by ReneeFLL

A good friend just had their travel agency not pay for their cruise therefore Royal cancelled it. They had authorized the TA to use the card on file for the final payment. The ship is now sold out and leaves in 3 weeks. We are hoping there is a cancellation so they can sail. I've been watching the Royal website every couple of hours. The only cabin to show up was a GS and I doubt the TA make up that much difference. If I see one I'll lock it up and contact their TA before I release it..

3 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

A good friend just had their travel agency not pay for their cruise therefore Royal cancelled it. They had authorized the TA to use the card on file for the final payment. The ship is now sold out and leaves in 3 weeks. We are hoping there is a cancellation so they can sail. I've been watching the Royal website every couple of hours. The only cabin to show up was a GS and I doubt the TA make up that much difference. If I see one I'll lock it up and contact their TA before I release it..

What cruise is it and what type of cabin are they looking for? Royal doesn't always show all available cabins.

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What cruise is it and what type of cabin are they looking for? Royal doesn't always show all available cabins.

It's the Oasis March 17. And I have the facilities to see Royal's inventory. Right now nothing is showing. A GS came up but it was grabbed. And I don't think the TA would pay the difference (over $3500 more).

I'm sure they will be compensated. But we have cruised together 15 times in the last couple of years. And I hope they make it 

4 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

It's the Oasis March 17. And I have the facilities to see Royal's inventory. Right now nothing is showing. A GS came up but it was grabbed. And I don't think the TA would pay the difference (over $3500 more).

I'm sure they will be compensated. But we have cruised together 15 times in the last couple of years. And I hope they make it 

GS just popped up I put a lock on it but don't know how long it will last.

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I only see interior and ocean view. Hope your friend is able to get a cabin to their liking.

I just looked on Royals TA website and all I saw was a GS for that date.

They would gladly accept an interior or OV  Hope their TA can see what I can't.

Edited by rt1092