Transatlantic Cruise

Atlantic Canada

We are doing the transatlantic cruise this spring on the Silouette.  I think I remember receiving an email from Celebrity saying that they have changed the Elite cocktail party in some way, thought I can't for the life of me find the email and the Captains Club site doesn't seem to show anything different.  Can anyone explain the new approach to me?  Do they still have the party in the lounge and do you receive unlimited cocktails as well as canapes?  As well as the cocktails there from 5 to 7 are there also drinks loaded to your cruise card that you can use other places?  That is how RCL does it if I am correct.  Could you use te drinks on your card at dinner in the dining room?

Thanks

You have covered most of the possibilities...you see, celebrity is very inconsistent in this area.  here are some of the "policies" encountered on board in the past 3-4 months:

1) the CP is held from 5-7 in the sky lounge with unlimited drinks

2) Anyone qualifying for elite drinks gets 3 electronic vouchers on their sea pass usable at:

a) all bars including the MDR during the 5-7 hours

b) all bars but not the MDR during the 5-7 hours

c) either of the above including or excluding the martini bar (world bar is always excluded)

3) the CP is by vouchers on sea pass and from 4:30-7:30 and good in MDR and Martini Bar

4) During the hours of the elite party, there will/will not be hors d'oevers in the sky lounge

5) any of 2-5 but with unlimited drinks in the sky lounge...vouchers elsewhere.

I wish I could give you specifics for your cruise....but no way to do so.

Most of the above have been "the new official policy "fleetwide" per someone working for Celebrity on the cruise.

Edited by ghstudio

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2019 at 3:31 PM, ghstudio said:

You have covered most of the possibilities...you see, celebrity is very inconsistent in this area.  here are some of the "policies" encountered on board in the past 3-4 months:

1) the CP is held from 5-7 in the sky lounge with unlimited drinks

2) Anyone qualifying for elite drinks gets 3 electronic vouchers on their sea pass usable at:

a) all bars including the MDR during the 5-7 hours

b) all bars but not the MDR during the 5-7 hours

c) either of the above including or excluding the martini bar (world bar is always excluded)

3) the CP is by vouchers on sea pass and from 4:30-7:30 and good in MDR and Martini Bar

4) During the hours of the elite party, there will/will not be hors d'oevers in the sky lounge

5) any of 2-5 but with unlimited drinks in the sky lounge...vouchers elsewhere.

I wish I could give you specifics for your cruise....but no way to do so.

Most of the above have been "the new official policy "fleetwide" per someone working for Celebrity on the cruise.

Does anyone have anything further on this ? And is the carry on wine limit two bottles per person or two per cabin ? Thank you

10 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

one bottle per person

Actually, the allowance is two bottles per stateroom; solo cruisers may carry the same two bottles aboard.

16 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

one bottle per person

Thank you and I’m thinking we will have to wait and see what the policy is on Silhouette in relation to the Elite Cocktail hour . There seems to be so many permutations

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

End of 2018 yes there were lots of permutations on different ships.  However this new policy HAS been implemented across the fleet in Feb 2019 and this is what you can expect on your cruise.  No you won't be able to order a drink in any dining venue using the Elite benefit.

Apart from only half of the Lounge being roped off for the cocktail hour, this was the situation on Millennium in March.  Although we couldn't order drinks in the MDR, it was easy to pick up a drink in a nearby bar and carry it in, as long as it was before 7pm.

the ordering in the MDR was due to the fact that there were 1600 elite and up onboard. It was a one time thing as were the extended hours. Celebrity was concerned that they could not serve all of us in limited venues over 2 hours. That particular cruise was a draw due to the fact that it was the first ever to end in Dublin

They will stick to the new policy stated above unless there are unusual circumstances and then a decision will be announced when you board