Parking in Port of Tampa

felton183

Garages are maybe 1/4 mile from terminals, across the main road.  Advantage of valet is that if you sail from one terminal and return at a different one (we did on Brilliance) they will still go get the car for you.  Or you could drop people/luggage off and take car over to garage.  There was a handicap lot right next to terminal but we were at a different terminal about 3 ship lengths away coming back.

Edited by LeeW
more

Broke my foot on first night on Brilliance last year.  Crutches, wheel chair...oh joy.  Was very easy for the DH to walk to and pick up the car at parking area right in front of the ship, then drive up the ramp to pick myself and our luggage up.  

Keep in mind parking garage is further down the street since RCI uses the "new and improved" old T6 now.  Tried one of the off site private parking companies once...never again...what a nightmare!  😮 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Broke my foot on first night on Brilliance last year.  Crutches, wheel chair...oh joy.  Was very easy for the DH to walk to and pick up the car at parking area right in front of the ship, then drive up the ramp to pick myself and our luggage up.  

Keep in mind parking garage is further down the street since RCI uses the "new and improved" old T6 now.  Tried one of the off site private parking companies once...never again...what a nightmare!  😮 

Brilliance is back to sailing out of terminal 3.  At least that is where we are leaving from next month

6 hours ago, island lady said:

We did that the first time we sailed out of Tampa.  Never, never again.  Valet parking at Tampa is awesome.

16 hours ago, molly361 said:

Brilliance is back to sailing out of terminal 3.  At least that is where we are leaving from next month

That's good.  I definitely prefer T3...T6 is just too small to use as a terminal for a cruise ship..IMHO. And we love being able to park in the covered garage across the street.  Same price as the open parking lot at T6 :classic_huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked at the port schedule for Tampa and it says Brilliance is out of T2.  We bought the Park Connect pass and it just says Channelside parking garage at 369 South 12th street which looks like it is nowhere near T2.  My brother in law has mobility issues so maybe we should have valet.  Does anybody know how far this garage is from T2, thought it was across the street.  Thanking in advance.

12 minutes ago, felton183 said:

Just looked at the port schedule for Tampa and it says Brilliance is out of T2.  We bought the Park Connect pass and it just says Channelside parking garage at 369 South 12th street which looks like it is nowhere near T2.  My brother in law has mobility issues so maybe we should have valet.  Does anybody know how far this garage is from T2, thought it was across the street.  Thanking in advance.

You can always drop off people at the terminal and then park.

Also, valet is a great service at Tampa.  Just a flat $20 extra over what you would normally pay in the parking structure.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:13 PM, Host Clarea said:

You can use valet parking there for a flat $20 fee over and above the regular daily parking fee.  Right next to the terminal.

Valet is the way to go there.... like a bob said, it’s only 20.00 more than self parking there and well worth it, they get your car quick and easy.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can always drop off people at the terminal and then park.

Also, valet is a great service at Tampa.  Just a flat $20 extra over what you would normally pay in the parking structure.

Our car is in the valet lol as I type😇

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 12:13 PM, Host Clarea said:

You can use valet parking there for a flat $20 fee over and above the regular daily parking fee.  Right next to the terminal.

I just got back from Holland America Rotterdam cruise today, 2/31/19.  My credit card information was stolen and the last charge on it was for valet parking curbside.  Just be careful or bring cash $120 for a week.