Revolution of Specialty Restaurants

Fogfog

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I got an e-mail from shoreside concierge for Infinity yesterday and she said that Infinity was transitioning to LPC from Qsine by our April 22 cruise.

Again, please see my posts #14 and #43 above...

Le Petit Chef replaced Qsine on Infinity for effect 17 May 2018; it’s been a done deal for more than nine months now!

Oville (post #44) further reported having dined in LPC while aboard Infinity during November...

The "new" Summit will have Qsine(or LPC), Sushi on Five and Tuscan, correct?

Since we would only due Tuscan once and maybe Sushi on Five for dinner and lunch we may go with requesting discounts at each and not get the specialty dining plan.  Our bill for Sushi never comes to more than $30 a person so the dining package would not work. Actually the Sushi on Five menu has more than the Raw on Five  menu on Edge for us.

I was surprised how easy it was to get 20%-30% off just by asking.  I know it depends on the cruise.  Our next is Bermuda so hopefully they are in a generous mood. 

PS:  One time they gave me the wrong promised discount at Tuscan and I called when I got back to our cabin and they corrected the error by never even charging us for the two dinners at Tuscan - best deal I have gotten in quite awhile.

As far as I was aware from reading about Celebrity Revolution Le Petit Chef was being added to all ships in the fleet as an add on to Qsine. Is this not the case as it is not mentioned as a dining option on Millennium post dry dock?

50 minutes ago, The Weets said:

As far as I was aware from reading about Celebrity Revolution Le Petit Chef was being added to all ships in the fleet as an add on to Qsine. Is this not the case as it is not mentioned as a dining option on Millennium post dry dock?

LPC was on Silhouette last November as a total replacement for Qsine. LPC was the only menu available for the restaurant. 

LPC..disappointing replacement, esp if it is the exclusive offering there.

Glad to hear sushi on 5 will have more than just sushi on Summit. The RAW  on 5 on EDGE was almost 100% raw.

For our Summit 9 night  cruise  we will probably book 2 nights in Tuscan and look for the Special lunch...and do our best to get some variety..we are in Bermuda overnight so a dinner out there might be fun..

Edited by hcat

Are folks who were on the Milly post dry dock reporting that Qsine in fact had the "old" original menu available and it was not all LPC?

Am I understanding that no one knows the future of Murano?

And that there is some plan for a "steak house" and other venue a la Edge put onto the revolutionized s class....but we don't know what that will look like?

Will Lawn Club and The Porch remain? Or will they be lost with the install of "The Retreat"?

On 2/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, The Weets said:

As has been posted multiple times in various threads, passengers onboard Millennium post-Revolution have confirmed that LPC was not added and Qsine remains in its original incarnation. Someone also reported that they were told that Summit will also not get the LPC update during its Revolution update. We will see if that’s the case once the ship comes out of drydock next month. All other ships in the fleet are supposed to have LPC added when they go in for Revolution updates if they have not already had it added previously like on Reflection and Infinity for example.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Are folks who were on the Milly post dry dock reporting that Qsine in fact had the "old" original menu available and it was not all LPC?

Am I understanding that no one knows the future of Murano?

And that there is some plan for a "steak house" and other venue a la Edge put onto the revolutionized s class....but we don't know what that will look like?

Will Lawn Club and The Porch remain? Or will they be lost with the install of "The Retreat"?

Again, yes, Qsine still on Millennium not LPC.

There has been no indication from Celebrity at any point that Murano is going away from S-class ships during the Revolution updates.

There has also been no indication from Celebrity that a steakhouse is being added to any ships. The only restaurant concepts that Celebrity has referenced is LPC (which is supposed to replace Qsine) and the Gastrobar which is only on S-class ships. Celebrity has indicated an expanded menu for that restaurant concept. It is not known if that means they will duplicate what was done on Equinox where the Gastrobar replaced Cellar Masters.

There has also been no indication of The Porch or Lawn Club going away. The Retreat sundeck is being placed on the Solstice sundeck at the front of the ship not in the Lawn area. The Retreat Lounge will replace Michael’s Club.

11 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Again, yes, Qsine still on Millennium not LPC.

There has been no indication from Celebrity at any point that Murano is going away from S-class ships during the Revolution updates.

There has also been no indication from Celebrity that a steakhouse is being added to any ships. The only restaurant concepts that Celebrity has referenced is LPC (which is supposed to replace Qsine) and the Gastrobar which is only on S-class ships. Celebrity has indicated an expanded menu for that restaurant concept. It is not known if that means they will duplicate what was done on Equinox where the Gastrobar replaced Cellar Masters.

There has also been no indication of The Porch or Lawn Club going away. The Retreat sundeck is being placed on the Solstice sundeck at the front of the ship not in the Lawn area. The Retreat Lounge will replace Michael’s Club.

TY Wonderman

I thought I read here on CC in more than one post and more than one thread that the concepts on Edge were being rolled out and a "steakhouse" among others was going to replace the current specialties on the S and M class ships

With the fan fare of LPC and then since seeing that Milly has the old Qsine -- I wonder if 1-- LPC is an addition to not a full replacement or 20 Dry dock time ran out which is why LPC isn't "all in" on Milly...

We r Murano fans

Happy sailing

fog

Agreed. Murano is for us the only specialty restaurant worth an upcharge on any X ship. When we sail M-class, we skip specialty dining all together since they took away Ocean Liners which was the predecessor of Murano and had the same menu (or very close).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Agreed. Murano is for us the only specialty restaurant worth an upcharge on any X ship. When we sail M-class, we skip specialty dining all together since they took away Ocean Liners which was the predecessor of Murano and had the same menu (or very close).

We did Ocean Liners when if was on the Connie.

Formal Night xmas eve....

that was many moons ago 😉

I was actually glad to see the introduction of Le Petit Chef. It's new and innovative and something I haven't seen before. We thought the food was fantastic and really enjoyed the show. I will happily go there again!!

Edited by LouieT

On 2/21/2019 at 8:08 AM, hcat said:

LPC although gimmicky seems to have enough of a clientele to fill its slots...at least  for a one and done.  Does not appeal to us..

On EDGE, in the same space as LPC, ,  they did a Bistro menu..breakfast crepes and lunch menu similar to B on 5 with daily specials....Then the  LPC at night.  Maybe that could work elsewhere.  Good lunch alternative!

LPC was offered for dinner on our Dec cruise.  We were able to get a deal at $30pp for 3 of us and the restaurant was only 1/3 occupied.