Oasis -Dry Dock question

No announcement on planned changes has been made by Royal. At this point anything is sheer speculation. 

My thoughts:

CATS hopefully goes, what would replace it is a question. If they still have the rights they could bring Chicago back, which many enjoyed.  Beyond that is a bit of a puzzle - needs to be able to appeal to a modern audience, be a property that a majority of guests will have heard of, have the rights available without breaking the bank, and be able to be edited to run in about 90-100 minutes without an intermission.  

Im also hopeful, but not not gonna hold my breath, that they will introduce a new secondary production show, ice show and Aqua Theater show. The current ones have been onboard for a decade. It's time to replace them with something new if they want to continue to attract repeat guests to the ship. 

I'd bet we see Sabor replaced with Playmakers, Mini Bites replaced with el Loco Fresh, Giovanni's changed to Jamie's Italian, Blaze becomes the Attic and the current comedy club becomes the Diamond Lounge, while the Diamond Lounge becomes Wonderland (if they can sort out the kitchen issue that resulted in it not happening last go-round). I'd venture water slides will be added somewhere, though I'm doubtful that the Abyss will be added (not sure they can do it without a MAJOR structural reinforcement of the Boarwalk decking to bear the load). I also would assume the champagne bar will be replaced with the Bionic bar. They may also revamp the Solarium Bistro and possibly add Hooked Seafood similar to the setup on Symphony.

Based on renos of other ships I'd expect cabins to be refreshed with new carpets, upholstery, etc as needed, but not completely redone. Other public areas will have the same - refreshed as needed. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

On Anthem last December, we were told that the smokestack would be made retractable, so Oasis can fit under the bridge when she comes to Bayonne. Though that probably won't affect anyone's cruise experience, other than not being forever stuck at the bridge.😜

On 2/21/2019 at 6:47 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Cats had a five year deal with Anthony Lloyd Weber, so hopefully 🤞 it’s not extended. 

AMEN!!  Intensely dislike that show!  Also dislike "We will rock you " and "The Gift" on the Anthem.  We will not sail those 2 ships again until the shows are changed!