Celebrity switched us to much smaller room without letting us know

mdpa

18 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Interesting

People who got booted off of several months of sailings because of dry docks--of those--several have booked  sailing we are o.

They got a list from X of commensurate value sailings PLUS OBC for their trouble. All of this way before any flights--so no harm no foul....

Yes, everyone was offered $200 OBC if they booked a replacement cruise.  However, the replacement cruises that were cost-protected (meaning no change in price if you chose them) were not commensurate experiences.  They offered select trips in December or April, which are not times of the year that I can be on vacation and also happen to be outside of their high demand season as well.  The replacement cruise I could have booked for the February timeframe of my cancelled cruise cost about $1,700 more than my original booking.

There appears to be quite a few posts of late stating that X have moved pax to alternative cabins after the ships have been revolutionised. OVs as well as balconies have been recategorised to 2 pax from triples and quads. 

As others have posted, I wouldn’t be too happy if I’d chosen a particular cabin for location and then been moved.

6 hours ago, muffin1327 said:

What is an HC cabin 380 sq ft and where do I find the sticky on Cruise Critic please for cabins?

HC = Handicap Accessible Cabin

At the top of the Celebrity Cruises forum main page are where the sticky's for the different class ships (M, Edge and S) are.  

Edited by davekathy

Something similar happened to us on the Reflection in November.

We booked two connecting concierge cabins for our party of five.  One was "rated" for 2, the other for 3.

Just a few days prior to sailing I received a call saying there was an error made and the rooms actually only each accommodated 2 people.  They were offering to split us up into different, non connecting rooms.  At one point they offered three of us to go into a sky suite and two of us into a concierge (or was it balcony...).  Sounds like a nice deal, except the party of three getting the sky suite was our nanny and two little kids and we weren't.  Not sure they have much use for Luminae!  

Anyway, we booked the rooms really far in advance specifically to ensure the configuration we wanted- two connecting rooms in concierge class holding 5 people isn't an easy order.  We wanted to be connecting so that we would have easy access to the kids (and vice versa) or be able to let the nanny have an evening out once the kids were asleep, but still be able to relax in our own room.

I was livid and it took a few days to sort out.  It was honestly very stressful, as we would not travel if we could not have the connecting cabins.

Ultimately we received a new set of connecting concierge cabins (actually the two I'd wanted to book initially anyway but they were full! on the slant) that were very satisfactory.