Guarantee Cabins?

We are around 30 days out and still don’t have our room assignment yet, either. Oh the anticipation!!

Krazyfuntimes, we are also doing a WS GTY. We have never done this before on Royal. I would also be interested in knowing what suite that you ended up with. If you don’t mind sharing.

Edited by rkkunk

25 minutes ago, rkkunk said:

We are around 30 days out and still don’t have our room assignment yet, either. Oh the anticipation!!

Krazyfuntimes, we are also doing a WS GTY. We have never done this before on Royal. I would also be interested in knowing what suite that you ended up with. If you don’t mind sharing.

I will post it as soon as I find out. 13 days or sooner! 🙂

5 minutes ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

I will post it as soon as I find out. 13 days or sooner! 🙂

Thanks so much! 

Would you mind sharing what suites that you ended up in on your previous cruises with the WS GTY? 

Edited by rkkunk

2 hours ago, rkkunk said:

Thanks so much! 

Would you mind sharing what suites that you ended up in on your previous cruises with the WS GTY? 

I got a Junior Suite both other times. I did move my location both times (not that the location was terrible, just wanted a different side of the ship, LOL).

I am good with any cabin at this point. The girls have the very end cabin closest to the aqua theater on deck 10, so we get to enjoy both views this time!

Mine was assigned somewhere around 30 days prior to sailing.

If you can access your Set Sail Pass, check whether a deck has been assigned.  I had a deck assignment for quite a while, and it turns out that is the correct deck for my stateroom.  Others have reported the same thing.  

I was really interested to know when the stateroom would be assigned, so I was frequently (OK daily) checking the RC travel agent site to see which staterooms were available.  One day almost all of the available staterooms in my category were gone.  I figured that was so they could be assigned to the Guarantee passengers.  Then maybe 15-20 days later I was assigned a stateroom.  Since no staterooms were still available once ours was assigned because they had all been pulled for the Guarantees, there is no opportunity for me to switch to a different stateroom.  Luckily I am happy with our location.  Anyway, if you have the ability to access the actual availability on your sailing, you can check which staterooms in your category are available.  You will probably end up with one of those.  When they all disappear from the inventory, you can expect an assignment soon.

That is my experience, anyway.

1 hour ago, cruisergrandma said:

How do you access your Set Sail Pass? We are new to Royal and I find their website not at all user friendly.

You would log in to your Cruise Planner, via Royal's site.  There should be a "Log In" link in the upper right corner.  Click on that, and it should walk you through setting up your Cruise Planner.  That's where you will purchase excursions, drink packages, specialty dining reservations, and make reservations for the shows.  

Then once your sailing is linked, you can check your eDocs, if they are available.

You can also download the Royal Caribbean app to your smart phone, link your cruise, and your Set Sail Pass will be on there.  I think that's where I first found it, actually.  

1 hour ago, cruisergrandma said:

How do you access your Set Sail Pass? We are new to Royal and I find their website not at all user friendly.

You need to set up an account with Royal Caribbean on their website.  Click on sign in then create an account.   Once set up, go to MyCruises and add your cruise where it says link a missing cruise.   Click on start checkin, once all information is entered you can get to your set/sail pass.  However, you won’t be able to start your check in before 90 days out.  Hope this helps!

Carla

2 hours ago, cruisergrandma said:

You don’t have to set up an account if you don’t want to.

on Royals site in the upper right there is a tab that says “already booked”

from here you you can check in or access your cruise planner.

you need your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I changed from a balcony to WS GTY yesterday on Radiance Hawaii cruise.  Two questions.  What is the difference between WS GTY and JS GTY?  Right now there are only 4 JS showing available and no other suites on the ship.  Once they have sold all the JS either with direct room assignment or GTY, do they stop selling and assign my room?  

This is my first Suite GTY but I couldn't resist given it is a long cruise (12 nights) but I have to admit I am a bit nervous.  I am not picky on location but one of the four remaining JS have an obstructed view - I am not sure how obstructed as it is the very last aft before the actual aft facing rooms.

4 minutes ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

I changed from a balcony to WS GTY yesterday on Radiance Hawaii cruise.  Two questions.  What is the difference between WS GTY and JS GTY?  Right now there are only 4 JS showing available and no other suites on the ship.  Once they have sold all the JS either with direct room assignment or GTY, do they stop selling and assign my room?  

This is my first Suite GTY but I couldn't resist given it is a long cruise (12 nights) but I have to admit I am a bit nervous.  I am not picky on location but one of the four remaining JS have an obstructed view - I am not sure how obstructed as it is the very last aft before the actual aft facing rooms.

A WS guarantee could get you any suite but in all likelihood will still get you a JS.

A JS guarantee will only get you a JS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 1:24 PM, rkkunk said:

Thanks so much! 

Finally got our cabin today. Junior suite on Deck 8 (can fit up to 4 but there are only 2 of us).

39 minutes ago, Krazyfuntimes said:

Finally got our cabin today. Junior suite on Deck 8 (can fit up to 4 but there are only 2 of us).

Thanks so much for letting me know!

I just realized that I had not responded here with our cabin assignment. I let our roll call know as there were several of us waiting on WS GTY assignments. I think I must have posted on a different thread also. 

We ended up with a JS on Deck 7 on the starboard side. There are reviews that some of the JS in the area we are in can be noisy because of the kitchen area for Jamie’s above and kitty corner to those rooms. I am a very light sleeper, so I hope that we are far enough away. It could be a long 9 days for my family if I’m grumpy because of lack of sleep! LOL!!

Thanks again! Have a wonderful cruise!

On 2/24/2019 at 6:40 PM, Grenouille21 said:

Mine was assigned somewhere around 30 days prior to sailing.

If you can access your Set Sail Pass, check whether a deck has been assigned.  I had a deck assignment for quite a while, and it turns out that is the correct deck for my stateroom.  Others have reported the same thing.  

I was really interested to know when the stateroom would be assigned, so I was frequently (OK daily) checking the RC travel agent site to see which staterooms were available.  One day almost all of the available staterooms in my category were gone.  I figured that was so they could be assigned to the Guarantee passengers.  Then maybe 15-20 days later I was assigned a stateroom.  Since no staterooms were still available once ours was assigned because they had all been pulled for the Guarantees, there is no opportunity for me to switch to a different stateroom.  Luckily I am happy with our location.  Anyway, if you have the ability to access the actual availability on your sailing, you can check which staterooms in your category are available.  You will probably end up with one of those.  When they all disappear from the inventory, you can expect an assignment soon.

That is my experience, anyway.

I also had a deck assignment (deck 8)on my edocs for a while before I got my assignment.  I got my assignment about 35 days out and got a JS on deck 8.

3 minutes ago, JMukamuk said:

When you get your room assignment, does RCI contact you through email or something to let you know you've gotten your assignment or do you just need to keep an eye on your RCI account?

Keep an eye on the Cruise Planner. don't expect to be notified.

• Thanks 1