Seeing double in HMC!

eroller

Enjoying a fantastic cruise onboard NIEUW STATENDAM so far.  Really impressed with the ship and cuisine especially.  A big improvement from my last HAL cruise almost 10 years ago.  

Woke up this morning to our mirror image, as sister ship KONINGSDAM is anchored next to us.  Tendering was very smooth in the large island tenders and HMC did not feel crowded even with the two newest and largest ships in the HAL anchored together.  

FB109753-B233-4EDD-BF8B-A1F32365CCE1.jpeg

1BB7A3DA-B6CD-440C-8AF5-CC06C6540D04.jpeg

9A31E3BC-8A19-4E35-8CC0-6E919C11F952.jpeg

6742F13B-CD1B-4834-9D6C-D1232809390C.jpeg

24FD30F4-6C91-4EE2-8C00-C17D2909E357.jpeg

• Like 7

Such lovely pictures.

I had actually wondered how crowded the island would seem with 2 big ships. I have only ever been there with one HAL ship. But now looking, sometimes 2 big Carnival ships are there together and that is over 7000 people. Eek.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.  We are on the next sailing of the Koningsdam and cannot wait.  We are looking at the Nieuw Statendam for our next cruise, very excited......especially sitting here in New England with temps around 24 degrees.  

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Were there enough of the shore based tenders to serve both ships or did the regular tender boats need to get involved?

Roy

I am sure they used ship's tenders. Unless there has been a recent increase in island based tenders, there aren't enough at HMC to handle both ships.