I wish Celebrity/RCL would have one Captains club program!!!!!

cruiseerf

My point was, it's confusing.  And when we looked at getting together with a large group of friends which was going to be 12 cabins, we thought about RCL...Their Oasis class ships to try it out......but alas.....We do not receive the benefits we would on celebrity.  Some, but not all.   I cannot comment on too many pinnacle or Zeniths......I have no numbers or facts and figures.....But I am a true believe that where there is a will, there is a way......

Bottom line, if we received points in ONE account and benefits remained constant across brands......we would most definitely try more of the brands.....for now.....Meh.  

Safe Sails to all!  

21 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Not sure what you mean...If you have status on Celebrity, it will translate into the equivalent status on Royal and Azamara. The benefits will be different, but still worth having. Some people even like the benefits better on Royal Caribbean (longer Happy Hours in the evening, dedicated lounge for breakfast and evening spread, etc.) Azamara has fewer benefits, but they already include beverages all day in all venues, so no need for an Elite breakfast or free Happy Hour. Azamara even uses the same loyalty number (your Captain's Club number is also your Le Club Voyage number) and you can combine points.

Excellent news about combined points, we're planning to book our first Azamara cruise onboard in a few weeks.

Since Carnival products don't even match status, Catain's Club / Crown and Anchor are at least ahead of the game.  

Then there's MSC status match...

• Like 1

The Diamond lounge was soooo crowded on the Allure cruise we were on over a year ago it was simply unpleasant....No matter how many free drinks they give if it isn’t comfortable forget it. We were also in a suite and by 5pm all the comfortable seats in the concierge lounge were taken by a large group of pinnacles doing b2b2b2b cruises.

I honestly can understand the frustration of gaining points but the snag is more guests with entitlement to perks can seriously dilute the value of those perks....

We are D+ on RC and E+ on Celebrity....We do appreciate the perks but when looking at cruises the value of them would not be enough to make us pick a cruise to keep a free photograph, bag of laundry or a few free drinks.....Our choices are based on ship ambience, facilities, dining and price.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

The issue is one of space.

So, sure, they could combine programs, which already offer better combinability benefits than Carnival group.

But to ensure that the lounges aren't over crowded, the checkin lines aren't overflowing and unbalanced, and so on, they would then have to up the combined points required level to reach the same equilibrium. Thus, instead of 300 points for elite, it might be say 600 in the equivalent, just to keep access to the same number of members as at present at that level.

So while it would be better/faster for those who travelled multiple cruise lines to progress, it would disadvantage those who are one lines loyal cruisers.

Some win, some lose. So what's really the point?

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No. Each Carnival-owned cruise line's loyalty program stands on its own merits.

Thanks,  my reply was incomplete.  I knew that the various Carnival owned brands had standalone loyalty programs.  It was a rheterical question.  But my reply did not make that clear.  Note to self: make a better effort to read a post before hitting "submit"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

The issue is one of space.

So, sure, they could combine programs, which already offer better combinability benefits than Carnival group.

But to ensure that the lounges aren't over crowded, the checkin lines aren't overflowing and unbalanced, and so on, they would then have to up the combined points required level to reach the same equilibrium. Thus, instead of 300 points for elite, it might be say 600 in the equivalent, just to keep access to the same number of members as at present at that level.

So while it would be better/faster for those who travelled multiple cruise lines to progress, it would disadvantage those who are one lines loyal cruisers.

Some win, some lose. So what's really the point?

Perfectly stated..

Early on we cruised on Royal and X, but eventually realized we should stick with one to get to the higher levels.

Luckily,  we chose to focus on  Celebrity .Once Royal C went to Oasis  mega ships,  we really did not enjoy the experience. Oasis was not our cup of tea!

We are E +  on X so we could go back to Royal  as Diamond crossovers for an interesting itin or maybe the Perfect Day at Coco Cay for a family cruise.

But crowding at events on X has been awful..X has too many Elites at this point plus the Diamonds.

5 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Excellent news about combined points, we're planning to book our first Azamara cruise onboard in a few weeks.

Since Carnival products don't even match status, Catain's Club / Crown and Anchor are at least ahead of the game.  

Then there's MSC status match...

I recently applied for the MSC status match.  Funny thing--if I used my C&A or CC status, it would have translated into MSC's gold level.  By using my Azamara LCV status, I got the MSC black level, which is higher than gold.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we find the benefits on Azamara more useful--free internet minutes or a discount on a package, and a free bag of laundry, plus on board booking discounts, are better for us than what C&A and CC offer. 

On our Azamara cruise last year, we didn't book anything because we weren't planning on cruising with them this year.  Then our plans changed and we booked a cruise through our TA, and missed out on the on-board booking discount and OBC.  Lesson learned--on our cruise this year, if we don't have anything in mind, we'll buy a future cruise certificate.

If they did what you are suggesting they would have to dilute the benefits for everyone, especially the Zenith/Pinnacle level.

I imagine most people would like to have loyalty programs that are tailored to their particular wants but that's really not realistic is it?

To become Pinnacle you only need 100 7 nights cruises in an inside cabin or 50 cruises if cruise SOLO.

To become Zenith you will need 214.3  7 nights cruises in an inside cabin or 107.1 cruises if you cruise SOLO 

Not to say Celebrity is more expensive per cruise than Royal Caribbean.🙄

Edited by CAicruiser

20 minutes ago, hiccups said:

I recently applied for the MSC status match.  Funny thing--if I used my C&A or CC status, it would have translated into MSC's gold level.  By using my Azamara LCV status, I got the MSC black level, which is higher than gold.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we find the benefits on Azamara more useful--free internet minutes or a discount on a package, and a free bag of laundry, plus on board booking discounts, are better for us than what C&A and CC offer. 

On our Azamara cruise last year, we didn't book anything because we weren't planning on cruising with them this year.  Then our plans changed and we booked a cruise through our TA, and missed out on the on-board booking discount and OBC.  Lesson learned--on our cruise this year, if we don't have anything in mind, we'll buy a future cruise certificate.

We got MSC matched at Gold from our Marriott status.  I would have to book by 2021 to maintain the offer.  The food doesn't look the best, but maybe a dining package would work, like we're planning with RCCL.  MSC decor looks exquisite.

We'll be just a few points shy of Select after Hawaii.  I assume Azamara points are generous, but even 2 points x 7 would do it.

11 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

We got MSC matched at Gold from our Marriott status.  I would have to book by 2021 to maintain the offer.  The food doesn't look the best, but maybe a dining package would work, like we're planning with RCCL.  MSC decor looks exquisite.

We'll be just a few points shy of Select after Hawaii.  I assume Azamara points are generous, but even 2 points x 7 would do it.

Azamara points are a little better than Celebrity--3 per night for an OV, and 5 per night for a balcony.  Our first cruise with Azamara was a 13 night British Open cruise with PerryGolf (a dream trip for my husband).  We sailed in OV for that one, but boy, I wish we could have afforded a balcony, as 26 more points would have been nice!  For our second cruise we also booked OV but got an LCV upgrade to a balcony for $398; like X, though, you don't get the extra points with an upgrade.  For our trip this year we were able to book a balcony during Azamara's Double Upgrade promo, so we'll finally get 5 points per night.

I hadn't really considered MSC before, but having recently seen pictures of some of their ships, and hearing about the new Yacht Club category, I thought we should take a look.

24 minutes ago, hiccups said:

You may want to check your Celebrity/Azamara cruise history; as Cruise Point total is combined, something seems awry in the context of having awarded "Black" status in MSC's loyalty program [either should have worked]... 

In addition, both Celebrity's Captain's Club and Azamara's Le Club Voyage have equivalent loyalty levels [Elite = Discoverer, Elite + = Discoverer +, Zenith = Discoverer Platinum] with identical Cruise Point requirements at every membership tier..

While the Azamara loyalty discount is very nice, it is only offered for bookings done aboard; I tend to book when deployments are first released...  In other things--like laundry and internet allowances--Celebrity provides roughly equivalent benefits to those provided by Azamara at the Elite/Discoverer level [there are differences in laundry; Celebrity provides per member benefits regardless of cruise length while Azamara provides per stateroom per week benefits] but Celebrity's Captain's Club benefits in those categories are significantly better--by a wide margin; particularly at the Zenith/Discoverer levels--than those provided by Azamara at the two highest membership tiers...

As is often true, one size doesn't fit all; the devil is in the detail... 

1 hour ago, gatour said:

Thanks,  my reply was incomplete.  I knew that the various Carnival owned brands had standalone loyalty programs.  It was a rheterical question.  But my reply did not make that clear.  Note to self: make a better effort to read a post before hitting "submit"

I figured it was pretty well know, but it allowed me to post something so I could follow this thread. :classic_smile:

15 minutes ago, Xport said:

You may want to check your Celebrity/Azamara cruise history; as Cruise Point total is combined, something seems awry in the context of having awarded "Black" status in MSC's loyalty program [either should have worked]... 

In addition, both Celebrity's Captain's Club and Azamara's Le Club Voyage have equivalent loyalty levels [Elite = Discoverer, Elite + = Discoverer +, Zenith = Discoverer Platinum] with identical Cruise Point requirements at every membership tier..

While the Azamara loyalty discount is very nice, it is only offered for bookings done aboard; I tend to book when deployments are first released...  In other things--like laundry and internet allowances--Celebrity provides roughly equivalent benefits to those provided by Azamara at the Elite/Discoverer level [there are differences in laundry; Celebrity provides per member benefits regardless of cruise length while Azamara provides per stateroom per week benefits] but Celebrity's Captain's Club benefits in those categories are significantly better--by a wide margin; particularly at the Zenith/Discoverer levels--than those provided by Azamara at the two highest membership tiers...

As is often true, one size doesn't fit all; the devil is in the detail... 

I was basing my MSC translation on a PDF posted on the MSC board; it said C&A Platinum equaled silver, X CC Select equaled gold, and Azamara LCV Explorer equaled black.  I was granted black status.  I've also read on the MSC board that the PDF is now a bit outdated and MSC is not awarding as many black level status matches as before.  My CC and LCV points are the same in both of my accounts.

For us, because of our lower loyalty level, the Explorer level benefits on Azamara are more valuable than the equivalent Select level on X.  With LCV, we get a $70 discount on an unlimited internet package, which, for a 7 night cruise, is half off.  Select only gives us 25%, and the package price is higher.  Plus we still have free internet minutes my DH can use when I'm hogging the internet package  :classic_smile:  Luckily on our upcoming X cruise, we got the Go Best package so internet is a moot point.  I will enjoy the complementary scoop of gelato, though  :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Ma Bell said:

If they did what you are suggesting they would have to dilute the benefits for everyone, especially the Zenith/Pinnacle level.

I imagine most people would like to have loyalty programs that are tailored to their particular wants but that's really not realistic is it?

The original poster has previously reported--here on Cruise Critic--that they have attained Zenith status in Captain's Club...

As a frequent Celebrity cruiser, I certainly understand the loyalty nuances/disparities associated with booking Royal Caribbean or Azamara [who knows what, if anything, will happen with Silversea?]--and I consider those loyalty related cost differences in evaluating cruises within and outside the Royal Caribbean family of brands--but they haven't deterred me from doing/seeing what I want to do [including two river cruises with AMA Waterways; now there is an opportunity to visit new places not offered by cruising Royal's Oasis-Class (nice experience--glad I did it--but one/done) given mega-ship docking requirements]…

My intuition is that, if starting with a clean slate, the Royal Caribbean brands would surely not standardize loyalty benefits to the highest level from each of the programs; the cost of doing so would be prohibitive, the eligibility group would become enormous, and--in any case--loyalty is just not valued these days [associated potential liability is quickly growing] as it once was with focus having already shifted to attract high-spending guests who may/may not remain loyal...  To my mind, this might well be one of those situations in which one might regret suggesting sweeping changes...    

Edited by Xport

I have heard they are thinking about combining the points but I would expect the new program would increase the number of cruises required for each level. People would be grandfathered to the level they had achieved but it would take more cruises to get to the next level.