laundry benefit -- 9 night cruise

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Does a 9 night cruise get two free bags of laundry or just one?

One bag--per stateroom; not per guest--per seven continuous nights, K...  I once did a B2B--30 nights total [18+12]--and received three complimentary bags...

At our loyalty level, Azamara is--when compared to Celebrity--light on the laundry [though they do a nice job] and internet loyalty benefits...

If you've not already booked and can hold off in doing so until you are aboard ship [including a Celebrity ship], the Le Club Voyage loyalty discount is generous...

Edited by Xport

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

One bag per cabin for a cruise of 7 days or more, 2 bags per cabin foe cruise of 14 -20 days, 3 for a cruise of 21 - 27 days etc. But, B2Bs don’t add up -it’s by the cruise.

42 minutes ago, Xport said:

One bag--per stateroom; not per guest--per seven continuous nights, K...  I once did a B2B--30 nights total [18+12]--and received three complimentary bags...

At our loyalty level, Azamara is--when compared to Celebrity--light on the laundry [though they do a nice job] and internet loyalty benefits...

If you've not already booked and can hold off in doing so until you are aboard ship [including a Celebrity ship], the Le Club Voyage loyalty discount is generous...

To add, K...  If interested, consider applying for the LCV $398 flat dollar one cabin mega-category upgrade opportunity [inside to oceanview, oceanview to veranda, veranda to suite] once you have booked...  Though not assured--depends upon availability just prior to sailing--I was once offered and took the flat dollar upgrade from a V-2 veranda to an N-1 Club Continent suite...    

Edited by Xport

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You are Zenith I think. On Azamara as Platinum you'll be disappointed, but at least comparing it to Celebrity standard service there is no dry fold (which I didn't like). It all comes back on hangers. 

Phil 

Off at a slight tangent . . . unlike Celebrity, Azamara at least does have free self service laundry facilities, six washers and six dryers, plus detergent and two ironing boards & irons . . . a handy back-up for the single free bag.

I am discover plus. Looked at the benefits.  I am a bit disappointed that on a 10 night cruise, we get only one bag of laundry per cabin and each 150 wifi minutes. On Celebrity, I am elite plus. On Celebrity, each of us gets 2 bags per cruise.  I also noticed that Azamara discoverer plus benefits are not nearly as good as Celebrity.  It used to be better on  azamara.  Just did a Celebrity cruise. We each got 2 bags of laundry and 240 internet minutes.  Azamara is marketed as more upscale, costs more, and allows less loyalty benefits.  It seems strange.  Azamara Le Club Voyage should at least match or exceed the benefits on Celebrity. 

37 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

I am discover plus. Looked at the benefits.  I am a bit disappointed that on a 10 night cruise, we get only one bag of laundry per cabin and each 150 wifi minutes. On Celebrity, I am elite plus. On Celebrity, each of us gets 2 bags per cruise.  I also noticed that Azamara discoverer plus benefits are not nearly as good as Celebrity.  It used to be better on  azamara.  Just did a Celebrity cruise. We each got 2 bags of laundry and 240 internet minutes.  Azamara is marketed as more upscale, costs more, and allows less loyalty benefits.  It seems strange.  Azamara Le Club Voyage should at least match or exceed the benefits on Celebrity. 

Many people feel the same.

One bag on Azamara . . . four bags on Celebrity (but they don't have a self service laundry).

I'm afraid there are only 120 minutes wifi per person on Azamara, not 150.

I have commented on end of cruise surveys that the laundry perk should be per person, not per room several times.  I know I am not alone in saying this but it’s something Azamara don’t seem to want to budge on.  I am not sure why it’s per room when all other benefits are per person.  If two people have reached a loyalty level, I really feel two rewards should be given. It seems petty not to, no one has ever explained why it’s done this way.  When you ask on ship, they say it’s a head office decision. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

I have commented on end of cruise surveys that the laundry perk should be per person, not per room several times.  I know I am not alone in saying this but it’s something Azamara don’t seem to want to budge on.  I am not sure why it’s per room when all other benefits are per person.  If two people have reached a loyalty level, I really feel two rewards should be given. It seems petty not to, no one has ever explained why it’s done this way.  When you ask on ship, they say it’s a head office decision. 

Agree completely!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul S said:

Thanks uktog. How big is the bag? We are packing this weekend and still working out how much to bring.

It’s not very big (can’t remember exact size - I’d guess at around half a pillow case size) but you can get a lot in it if you roll things up as tight as possible. Sorry I can’t  be more helpful - others here may be able to tell you the exact size.

7 hours ago, Paul S said:

Thanks uktog. How big is the bag? We are packing this weekend and still working out how much to bring.

I can't tell you the size either, but I can say I have crammed in a pair of jeans, three shirts & three t-shirts, about six each jocks and (pairs of) sox & a few handkerchiefs. Possibly even a little more.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:19 AM, Baynanno1 said:

Many people feel the same.

One bag on Azamara . . . four bags on Celebrity (but they don't have a self service laundry).

I'm afraid there are only 120 minutes wifi per person on Azamara, not 150.

I do a lot of hand wash on this and other ships. Been told to many times that the washer hoot water will ruin clothes at some point. I maninky send out gym clothes and nighties.

As far as the internet minutes go I totally agree we do not get enough. We got more at one point. Am I correct to say that if in a suite you get more than an inside cabin  or is it now base on  Loyal points. At time I buy an internet package as it just to many sea days and I want to use the internet for research or Facebook for pictures.

Trying Celebrity for the first time in years. Will be interesting to see the perks .

In my view the loyalty perks on Celebrity are better than Azamara except for the onboard booking program which is a lot better on Azamara.  They were going to do away with internet and laundry perks altogether at one stage, but the backlash here caused them to rethink (albeit at a lower rate for internet minutes).  

When you see the deals offered with free unlimited wifi for those that buy cruises at the times of special offers I honestly can't see why they don't offer unlimited wifi to their most loyal guests and a more generous allocation for other levels.   And the one bag of laundry per stateroom per week when you have two people in a cabin to me is crazy, no matter how much you can stuff in one of those cloth bags.  I've mentioned it before a few times, but it has fallen on deaf ears.

Having said all this I still prefer sailing Azamara to Celebrity.  

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3

Good morning, Hi Phil:classic_biggrin:.   I had not read about laundry perks. If I am Elite Plus on Celebrity do I get a free bag of laundry on Azamara?

I have used the laundry machines on Azamara and Oceania.  Not much fun doing my own laundry. I use the self serve laundry only if I need something that cannot wait.  It can be a real challenge getting an empty machine.  Doing my own laundry on a cruise seems like a waste of time. I send it out. Azamara used to allow us more free laundry even when we were discoverer.  As discoverer plus, it seems strange that the loyalty benefits are going down. It doesn’t make sense. For me, part of the pleasure of cruising is not doing the usual household maintenances like cooking and laundry. 

As for free WiFi, each level of loyalty gets you only an additional 30 minutes.  

While it is something free, it seems like Azamara does not encourage loyalty.