My Pet Peeve when cruising

evandbob

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am not sure I want to be a burden, but I certainly want them to know I exist.

Don't want to be a burden to anyone either. That's just kind of a standing joke between my eldest and me.

She will tell me "be nice to me, I will pick your nursing home lol"

Don't put me in a nursing home, put  me on a cruise ship!

6 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

Don't want to be a burden to anyone either. That's just kind of a standing joke between my eldest and me.

She will tell me "be nice to me, I will pick your nursing home lol"

Don't put me in a nursing home, put  me on a cruise ship!

Yeah, I figured as much. A cruise ship would be nice but I know who would be paying for it.

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Are the kids the problem or the parents?

Ex used to watch Dog Whisperer and Nanny 911 ALL the time.

Once, I asked why she watched the two shows, when there were exactly the same show.  She got mad, but a couple of weeks later, she admitted, when she really looked, they were the same.

In both shows, the adults are NOT in charge, and the dogs or kids are.

6 hours ago, SRF said:

Ex used to watch Dog Whisperer and Nanny 911 ALL the time.

Once, I asked why she watched the two shows, when there were exactly the same show.  She got mad, but a couple of weeks later, she admitted, when she really looked, they were the same.

In both shows, the adults are NOT in charge, and the dogs or kids are.

That was my point, some of it is lack of discipline but most is learned behaviour.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:54 PM, ldubs said:

Come on now.  Are you seriously suggesting it is discourteous to hold the door for someone in a wheelchair without getting their approval?  The number of people who would object to someone holding a door for them is minuscule. 

I agree with you 100% 

But I have seen some women  get outright pissed off if you do that.

20 hours ago, JMorris271 said:

I agree with you 100% 

But I have seen some women  get outright pissed off if you do that.

Yeah, I don't know what is going on, but it seems these days people in general have a need to be personally insulted by just about everything.  

20 hours ago, JMorris271 said:

Celebrity is raising their Grats on Bevs to 20%. Now that's a peave.

Wow, that is getting kind of high.  I hope the service follows suit.  

On 3/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, Darstime said:

I can’t believe that people focus on the bad instead of the great. You are on a cruise have fun and ignore others that you feel are beneath you

That's easy to do if it's not creating a public health issue.  It's not about a sense of being better. But I started this thread about pax getting refills from dispensers in their used bottles or cups - that can affect others by contaminating the nozzles and passes along germs and bacteria, etc.

I also said I developed ways of avoiding that issue altogether, so that I only shake my head or look away when a pax violates that safety rule to only use new cups.  I'm still having fun and enjoying myself.

(And I'm actually hoping that anyone reading this thread can pass along this PSA.

As with any thread, the longer it goes, the weirder it gets as posters add their own pet peeves.

Ok-so there are a LOT of things on a cruise that people do that annoy me.  I feel this is true for most everyone.  Does it ruin my vacation?  absolutely not!  My biggest pet peeve while cruising is.....people that constantly complain about EVERYTHING!  The thing I cannot understand is do they really cruise so they can complain?  I look at it this way- there are so many people that will never be able to enjoy a cruise vacation, so I can't comprehend those that are able to, to constantly complain...makes no sense to me. 

Vicki

13 minutes ago, RICKnVICK said:

Ok-so there are a LOT of things on a cruise that people do that annoy me.  I feel this is true for most everyone.  Does it ruin my vacation?  absolutely not!  My biggest pet peeve while cruising is.....people that constantly complain about EVERYTHING!  The thing I cannot understand is do they really cruise so they can complain?  I look at it this way- there are so many people that will never be able to enjoy a cruise vacation, so I can't comprehend those that are able to, to constantly complain...makes no sense to me. 

Vicki

But what about someone like me, who is annoyed by the unsanitary practice of people filling used cups, mugs and bottles, has developed a way of dealing with it to lessen my chances of getting sick, and doesn't let this annoyance ruin my vacation?  But if we sit together  I might mention it in passing as we have dinner.  Then we can move on to all the other stuff we enjoy about cruising.