Flying the day in and out of Singapore?

Hello veteran cruisers,

So yeah, we are incorporating a 1 week cruise with Royal on our backpacking trip in South East Asia later this year. For those who had cruised from SiN, what do you think of our chances flying in at 9:30am to catch the ship (Voyager)and catching our flight at 13:45 after the cruise (EST ship arrival 8am).?

How’s the check-in, custom and other formalities process? Is it the same here in North America?

thanks...

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

Let's see, long international flight, probably with a connection.

What could go wrong??????

Absolutely nothing.

Planes are never delayed.

On a serious note, the flight out isn't as much of an issue as the flight in. I would always fly in at least the day before. Sailing on Voyager in 18 days, and flying in 48 hours before sailing.

23 hours ago, stickyshocker said:

Hello veteran cruisers,

So yeah, we are incorporating a 1 week cruise with Royal on our backpacking trip in South East Asia later this year. For those who had cruised from SiN, what do you think of our chances flying in at 9:30am to catch the ship (Voyager)and catching our flight at 13:45 after the cruise (EST ship arrival 8am).?

How’s the check-in, custom and other formalities process? Is it the same here in North America?

thanks...

Look up the flight number, and see the on time %.  If it's 95% than, you have a 95% chance of being successful. 

18 minutes ago, SRF said:

Let's see, long international flight, probably with a connection.

Sounds like the OP will already be in the area and it could be a short non-stop flight to SIN (most flights from NA don't get in at that time)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Sounds like the OP will already be in the area and it could be a short non-stop flight to SIN (most flights from NA don't get in at that time)

Our flight from NA via Shanghai arrived around 9am

When I cruised out of Singapore I arrived on the Friday before sail date on the Sunday, no way I'd leave it until the day of deparure.  Going home was a different thing altogether.  My flight was at 11:50 and I was off the ship and at Changi by 9.am.  I travelled by cab.  This was a Sunday though and traffic can be a lot busier on weekdays.  There is an MRT station quite close to the cruise port.

• Like 1

As far as getting to and from the port and airport is concerned, you shouldn't have any problems, the taxi should be around 30 minutes, and even in the worst traffic not more than an hour (and at those times of day there won't be much). Changi is a pretty quick airport to pass through too. Of course, this assumes the flight will be on time.

• Like 1

We left out of Singapore after NCL cruise two years ago. Heading back to Boston early flights were much less expensive, but would have been tight. Later flights as I stated pricey...we spent the night, enjoyed the city and were able to fly out stress free early next morning...

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, Biker19 said:

You got it Biker … We'll be flying two weeks(sorry wasn't able to state) into Asia before the cruise, before heading to another country.

Just to clarify again from my op, this will be backpacking trip with cruise tucked in.

Thanks

Edited by stickyshocker