Booking the 2nd B of a B2B while onboard the first B

voljeep

Is this even possible and if so, did Princess offer you any kind of amazing deal  to stay

on board for a 2nd cruise on the same ship after your first one ?

of course, depending on availability ... but it would seem like Princess would want to

fill that otherwise empty cabin

Edited by voljeep
deal

We tried it once to no avail.....and it seems to me that Princess fills up it ship well in advance of a sailing. It might work if you were on a 10 or 14 day, and asked very early on, but if they do have space, they probably will give you the same deal and any other person willing to sail at the last minute.

the 2nd B would be a 7 day after our 4 day in May ... Not really too serious about it ( would go ahead

and book if we were ) ... but being only 4 days from the 2nd possible B Princess would have to

'make me an offer I can't refuse' ...

no worries - that 7 day seems to still have a lot of rooms available, but not cray cray about the current

pricing...

I tried this once... The ship was sailing full for the second leg, but they created a waiting list. I did not clear the waiting list. Others have this same idea, I guess...

I was on a cruise that was not sailing full- they sent a note to passengers to see if they wanted to stay on. I wish I could have taken them up on that offer. I don't know if they do that anymore. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think the price would be better than if you had booked it a week before you left.

There was a lot of offers during 9-11 to stay on the ship for another week or so as flights were disrupted and people were canceling. Otherwise, I don't think it is done a lot with Princess.

9 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

No amazing deal, Same price as what you can book online.  

when do they close 'online bookings' and when do they close bookings by contacting Princess (while onboard)

25 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

No amazing deal, Same price as what you can book online.  

I agree. The price usually reverts back to base prices unless the cruise is not close to full. 

Then they may offer current cruisers a deal to stay on.

We have tried to on a couple of cruises and did not succeed.

Most of the time they don't care if you are onboard or not.

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

when do they close 'online bookings' and when do they close bookings by contacting Princess (while onboard)

I’ve booked only 2-3 days a head of time but did so by calling Princess.  The price was the same as when I had looked the week prior. 

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I’ve booked only 2-3 days a head of time but did so by calling Princess.  The price was the same as when I had looked the week prior. 

We have waitlisted several cruises a few days out and when and if you clear you are at the mercy of Princess for pricing.

We have cleared a few times too and it was pretty close to the full price.

In 2014 we did the 12 day repositioning cruise from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale on the Ruby Princess.  A couple of weeks prior we received an email from Princess offering a great price on the following 4 or 5 day western Caribbean cruise.  We reserved a mini-suite and received a free upgrade to a full suite for the second cruise!  I think lots of folks took Princess up on the offer - there were over 800 passengers continuing on to the second cruise (and absolute chaos zeroing out the passengers so we could re-board in Port Everglades).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

One time, I think it was the Crown, we were sitting in the dining room waiting to leave the ship and they made an announcement that you could stay for the next 7 days for 149 pp.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT !!!!

but would like at least the day before disembarkation :classic_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

It can't hurt to ask 

That's the ticket !

almost $ 500 for port charges and auto grats ...

so $ 249 pp for the same balcony would work ... currently at about $ 1,000 pp