Carnival Website looks different today

lele100

Mines new,too. Carnival does not like for their customers to learn too much. So after [people learn to use a website and become proficient they change it so that you will not be able to find what you want. The head of tech at Carnival must have a relative high on the chain of command as their technology is horrible

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ricew001 said:

Lele10, mine looked like your new version for a while - then it went back to the old version which I prefer.

So strange, LOL now mine looks like this, I don't like it

Just now, ProgRockCruiser said:

This.  It is unclear what drives one version vs the other...

First I've heard of this "new website design"

I'm using Firefox version 65, and despite refreshing the page several times

I still get the same ole website! Stable as ever.

3 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

First I've heard of this "new website design"

I'm using Firefox version 65, and despite refreshing the page several times

I still get the same ole website! Stable as ever.

It's been happening since December, more prevalent in January, recently gone away for a while.  Lemme see if I can find an older thread...

• Like 1

Using Chrome on my S7, I had the old version long after people started complaining about the new version.  I finally suffered the switch 1 1/2 months ago.  It switched back about a week after I complained about it cutting my OBC in 1/2 and in 1/4.  It switched back to the new version about a week ago.  It is still cutting my OBC in 1/2 and in 1/4.

I still get the old version if I use a Chrome incognito tab on my S7.  My OBC still displays correctly in the old version.

7 hours ago, jmcathome said:

Mines new,too. Carnival does not like for their customers to learn too much. So after [people learn to use a website and become proficient they change it so that you will not be able to find what you want. The head of tech at Carnival must have a relative high on the chain of command as their technology is horrible

It's a much better layout than the previous one. You shouldn't be so afraid of change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaniceB said:

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Because Carnival either

a) just wants to refresh the look to be "more modern" or perhaps in line with what other cruise-line websites look like, or 

b) there is an underlying database swap going on, and the new interface is a better match for the database.

Also, for the paranoid:

c) because they are going to make other changes, but you'll be too busy talking about the new "My Cruise Manager" web interface to notice...

Depends on what server you get onto when you do log on. Like everyone else here, depending on the time of day, which browser, etc., I'm liable to get onto the old or OR a new one.

A little IT story: Sometime prior to 2012 Carnival dumped their old IBM AS400 mid tier platforms, which served up web content (and were managed in the Good Ole' USA, in Miami I believe) for a  newfangled client server architecture. Yes, I know, C-S was the "sexiest thing ever" in IT up until "cloud computing" (*yawn*) became the sexiest thing ever. They've had issues ever since. I occasionally chat with some of their old IT guys - and they're as frustrated as we are.  Most of the hosting is done by folks in....India, so I'm told, and when something goes wrong, it's challenging to fix.  I can't say I really know for sure, but those are the tales I've been told, and being in that business professionally - that's what it looks like.