Ama Chef's Table

GrammaRama

Would like to know how many people the Chef's Table can accommodate on the AmaLea.  We will have a group travelling in May 2020 and are thinking of trying to book space in the restaurant for the group.  Is that possible?  Is there an extra charge for dining in this restaurant or is it included in the cruise price?

17 minutes ago, GrammaRama said:

Would like to know how many people the Chef's Table can accommodate on the AmaLea.  We will have a group travelling in May 2020 and are thinking of trying to book space in the restaurant for the group.  Is that possible?  Is there an extra charge for dining in this restaurant or is it included in the cruise price?

There is no extra charge. I think on my ship (on the Mekong not in Europe) it accommodated 14 people. You can only attend once. The menu is a fixed tasting menu. 

There is no extra charge. Booking starts when you board.  The European cruise we were on could accommodate 24 people. It was a great meal--really a tasting menu.  We celebrated a friends birthday that evening.  As stated above you are only able to book for one evening. If at the end of the trip, there is room they will announce availability.  Didn't happen on ours.   If your group is really large, you might have to split and go on different nights.  Pat

6 hours ago, lenetere said:

Is there a Chef's Table on most river cruises?  Or just AMA?  I'm doing first river cruise on Emerald in May.

This will also be my first river cruise.  I am not sure if other cruise lines offer a Chef's Table or not.  It might be called by a different name.  Maybe some other CC members might be able to answer your question. I know on most ocean cruises there are specialty restaurants but they usually come with an additional cost. As some posters mentioned the Chef's Table on Ama is included for one dining experience during your cruise.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, thunter1224 said:

Does the Captain join in at the Chefs Table ?  and is there a Captains table you can book also ?  

The Chef's Table is a capacity limited tasting menu. All passengers are allowed to book it for one night. The Captain does not attend.

On some of my cruises there has been a Captain's table, although not every night. You can't book it; you might be invited to attend.

6 hours ago, thunter1224 said:

OK Thanks ..  was the chef table a dressed up affair ? jackets and ties .. and dresses ? 

It’s a beautiful room. I wore a simple dress as did other women, but nice pants and top is fine too . Men wore mostly collared shits and pants.